Zlatan retires.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
His teammates have raved about his professionnalism. The fact he played in matches like in training. With full focus.
He helped many youngster develop that burning desire to win.
But I'm sure HFboards posters know more about his professionnalism.
Sure thing boss.

Except when he was fighting his teammates.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I loved the "Gargamel Gargamel Gargameeel" chant Barcelona fans got going when he returned to Camp Nou to play for PSG haha

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Are you refering to the US defenseman who reportedly hit him FIRST?
THere are other incidents....and the bust up with other players. I really dont understand the site's amnesia. He's fun for sure... but an asshat.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
THere are other incidents....and the bust up with other players. I really dont understand the site's amnesia. He's fun for sure... but an asshat.
You specifically said he was FIGHTING with teammates.
I just made a quick search (really quick so I may have missed something) and the only result that comes up was a fight with the american defenseman.
So, either you give me the "incidents" or you take care of your own "amnesia". ;)

Reactions: Eye of Ra

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just made a quick search (really quick so I may have missed something) and the only result that comes up was a fight with the american defenseman.
So, either you give me the "incidents" or you take care of your own "amnesia". ;)

Well you did then. Fighting with a teammate, even if he started it, isn't a badge of professionalism. Furthermore, just prior to that Ibrahimovic was reportedly mock-kicking a teammate in the back of the head in training. There are also multiple noted incidents on the pitch, not all on him from the little I've seen, but this one if true doesn't read well:

AC Milan striker Ibrahimovic, 39, allegedly shouted: “Go do your voodoo s, go do your voodoo s, little donkey,” at the Belgian star. Lukaku appeared to suggest Ibrahimovic had said something about his mother, too

Not to mention the Barça stuff I refenced.

Again, I don't really care, but you're not painting an accurate picture at all.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Chivu, of all people, was on the record saying he had a fight during training with Zlatan at Ajax. But they're very close now.

• Haha

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Well you did then. Fighting with a teammate, even if he started it, isn't a badge of professionalism. Furthermore, just prior to that Ibrahimovic was reportedly mock-kicking a teammate in the back of the head in training. There are also multiple noted incidents on the pitch, not all on him from the little I've seen, but this one if true doesn't read well:

AC Milan striker Ibrahimovic, 39, allegedly shouted: “Go do your voodoo s, go do your voodoo s, little donkey,” at the Belgian star. Lukaku appeared to suggest Ibrahimovic had said something about his mother, too

Not to mention the Barça stuff I refenced.

Again, I don't really care, but you're not painting an accurate picture at all.
Oh so "mock-kicking" is fighting now? Wow, tons of unprofessionnal players then.
So who's posting an accurate picture?
D2M saying he fought his teammates or me saying it happened once after a guy hit him in the shoulder?
I wonder why you're quoting me with inaccuracies since quite clearly, I'm not the one writing some.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
WHat les habs said plus a simple google search pulls it up. Could he have grown since those days sure but in his prime guy is a dick.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
WHat les habs said plus a simple google search pulls it up. Could he have grown since those days sure but in his prime guy is a dick.
Please quote the facts.
LH didn't come up with a link about a fight?

Ibra was certainly a trash talker and insulted like crazy. That's also laughable to point to him about it when you actually hear actual players not named Zlatan on the pitch.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Oh so "mock-kicking" is fighting now? Wow, tons of unprofessionnal players then.
So who's posting an accurate picture?
D2M saying he fought his teammates or me saying it happened once after a guy hit him in the shoulder?
I wonder why you're quoting me with inaccuracies since quite clearly, I'm not the one writing some.

I didn't really make a big claim that it was fighting and it's unprofessional behavior either way. Just like the fighting with a teammate was.

I quoted you because you've clearly missed other incidents which while not "fighting with a teammate" are incidents of unprofessionalism. You mistakenly claimed he was "uber professional" and there are multiple incidents to say otherwise as I noted before fighting was even a part of the conversation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was Ibrahimovic a prick? Absolutely. Did he have full confidence in himself which led to his over-the-top personality? Sure. Was he one of the most talented players I've ever watched? No doubt.

There are some players that you hate to see retire due to how crazy talented they were. Some of them were pricks and some of them were divers, but it is a sad day when talent like Kaka, Xavi, Robben, Schweinsteiger, and now Zlatan hang the boots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

There's this... the one already mentioned. Pep incident... his wiki is littered with incidents.

I mean go right ahead and defend the guy sure. I dont really care but there is revisionism going on and I simply CBA.
Revisonnism is making a claim and not backing it up.
He's hardly my favourite player but a lot of what he's been called was just media BS. And you fell for it right from the get go.

I also wonder how you can admire a team full of trash talking insulting, dirty picks because "they're from the streets with a poor background" and blame Zlatan for being the exact same thing, only better.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Revisonnism is making a claim and not backing it up.
He's hardly my favourite player but a lot of what he's been called was just media BS. And you fell for it right from the get go.

I also wonder how you can admire a team full of trash talking insulting, dirty picks because "they're from the streets with a poor background" and blame Zlatan for being the exact same thing, only better.
Thats not what revisionism means lol

What reports were fake, he fought a teammate, fought a coach, threatened another teammate. These are facts.

The players I admire usually dont fight their teammates and usually are great off the pitch. I dont really care if Zlatan was a prick or dirty to an extent. What he shouldn't be praised for his being something that he isnt.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thats not what revisionism means lol

What reports were fake, he fought a teammate, fought a coach, threatened another teammate. These are facts.

The players I admire usually dont fight their teammates and usually are great off the pitch. I dont really care if Zlatan was a prick or dirty to an extent. What he shouldn't be praised for his being something that he isnt.
Please provide a link to his multiple fights with teammates, and coach.
Great off the pitch? Surely you're joking after we heard your raving reviews of how argentinian players behave off the pitch after the WC?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Please provide a link to his multiple fights with teammates, and coach.
Great off the pitch? Surely you're joking after we heard your raving reviews of how argentinian players behave off the pitch after the WC?
LOL I just did you called it media bs.

overzealous celebrations terrible humans.... they're well liked by teammates and aren't in trouble with the law. Yeah, id say their fine. But sure flip the script get over it your team lost.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No you didn't. You didn't link to multiple teammates fight.

My team lost? Talk about reaching.
Wonderfuk to see the irony of your post on the subject.
Ibra spent quite a lot of time in jail I guess. Or he's just overzealous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad