Zegras Does It Again

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
It doesn‘t matter if the goal counted or not. It was beautiful. All those who enjoyed it, can still enjoy it.
So good call from the linesman to not wave it off as offside because it was really close.
Blame Kulikov or whoever doesn‘t know the rules…

Last edited:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Umm, no, the spirit of the rule is the ability to correct when you missed an offside that ended up costing the team a goal against.

Also, I couldn't care less if it happened on the rush with goal scored 2 seconds after being offside vs. 2 min. When a team gets hemmed inside their end for a long team, it seems like forever trying to get the puck out and the longer it goes, the harder it is....very often ends up with a puck in the back of your net or a PP to the other team.....if that all started with an offside, 100% makes sense to apply in the same way.

No, it’s not. Colin Campbell said, “We want to take care of the obvious offside.” At GM meetings in like 2018 when they were talking about modifying it.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
No, it’s not. Colin Campbell said, “We want to take care of the obvious offside.” At GM meetings in like 2018 when they were talking about modifying it.
Right…what they are talking about now is not delaying the game all the time to see if a player is an inch offside…has nothing to do with using judgment to determine how much the offside impacted the goal or not

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It sucks when someone does something really cool but it's not allowed because of the rules.

Who invited the rules anyway? Cool people don't follow the rules.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I find Zegras an absolutely stunningly creative and fun player to watch as a whole, but these "lacrosse goals" are just kind of a big...yawn for me. Doesn't really get me fired up. Much rather see one of the beautiful creative setups Zegras tends to produce with amazing seeing eye passes through magic seams that were hard to even envision from the high in the sky camera angle, much less down at ice level.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I hate it tbh. I get it is rare to be done but I said before this is going to be the spin-o-rama shootout move all over. Cool at first then kinda lame and OP and ruins the point. It will eventually be restricted or banned.

I know it is the NHL but there are kids doing this in every rink so it's not even like this is something unique and crazy.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I like it, it opens a niche, but new dimension to the game if more players learn to do it.

It might make the traditional wrap-arounds a legit threat, potentially open some creative airborne passing plays too from behind the net (instead of shooting it in, perhaps Zegras does the Michigan and send it over defenders sticks that block a passing a lane for a teammate to tap in an easy open net?)
Absolutely true and i got nothing against it but it just doesn’t get a proper reaction from me anymore tbh. The fact that it always looks identical as the last one kinda ruins it for me.

Also don’t really care for the fact that if Zegras or anyone else for that matter, keeps pulling this off more often someone is gonna try and take a run at them to stop them from trying again.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Gotta change that stupid review rule asap.

I like what one of the Overdrive guys said, only review offsides on goals on the initial rush/possession.
As soon as the puck gets touched by the D team, or hits the boards or the post etc it non reviewable.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
This is the real reason it was waived off, they didn't want Zucc to be enshrined in that highlight reel sliding around like a dummy, he probably set it up with the officials over the years as a wily vet maneuver.

Zuccarello fell down, which obviously is why this wasn’t defended at all

Zucc lost an edge and fell, which sometimes happens on an ice surface, he didn’t choose to take himself out of position completely.
Zuccarello dove down to block what he thought would be an attempted pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad