Zegras breaks camera in penalty box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Emotion isn't bad it seems to be a case of him trying to keep emotion down and it bursting out especially how he meticulously broke it. I personally like when players are more passionate and show care the game needs more emotion as a whole
agreed.

I do think zegras sometimes shows his emotions at the wrong time/or in the wrong way... but i dont think its a bad thing that he cares about scoring/winning... the situation in Anaheim isnt exactly ideal for him... and im not sure cronin/pv have gone about it the right way.

Reactions: Miller Time

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The issue is.. there is little to no chance the ducks are going to sell low on the kid.

Dach was much worse at the time of his trade and got 13th +3rd. I guess it would be low in the sense of a top 6 young center, but youll still be paying a pretty nice piece.
One can hope and dream, I wouldn't trade zegras either to much skill to not at least get a top 12 pick and a b+ prospect or a 3rd

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
what is ZDF
It appears to be part of an 80’s Saturday morning cartoon. The valiant forces of the ZDF (Zegras Defense Force) must every week come out to battle the nefarious COZE (Canadiens Ogainst Zegras, Eh?) in the eternal struggle of COZE Commander to make hockey, and cameras, safe from Trevor Zegras.

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't know why but I expected Ducks fans to be like

"Yeah he's had a frustrating season and he took it out in the wrong way, not impressed but not the end of the world"

Instead I got

"LOL ZEGRAS rent free!!!11!! You must be jealous, you're a Zegras obsessed hater" - guy with a Zegras avi

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Once he gets traded the pressure will be off of him. He got a 3 year contract when people were questioning his tenure in Anaheim. He will be a great target come draft day, but he is also insanely skilled and needs to be allowed to play more freely to shine if he keeps cleaning up his board play and defense he will be fine. Anaheim might want to keep because his skill is so great and could benefit them on the long run, but the Sabres have hole at 3c with mitts gone he could be a great buy low target without giving up our first or savoie
You think there’s more pressure in Anaheim????

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

"Yeah he's had a frustrating season and he took it out in the wrong way, not impressed but not the end of the world"

Instead I got

"LOL ZEGRAS rent free!!!11!! You must be jealous, you're a Zegras obsessed hater" - guy with a Zegras avi
You’re not exactly making a great case for yourself here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Instead I got

Sorry no one is joining in on your hate zegras train…. Maybe he’ll do something worse today and you can get a few more people to jump on board

/shrug

And most duck fans have semi said something like your 1st comment, you’ve just gone about this in an obnoxious way

Reactions: LuGBuG

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Instead I got

this coming from the guy who goes out of his way in the Habs forum to call Zegras a little bitch. then goes to make a post for this lol.

Sorry no one is joining in on your hate zegras train…. Maybe he’ll do something worse today and you can get a few more people to jump on board

/shrug
maybe he'll slash a guy from the bench and then op will want him?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
There are only 3 Zegras moments I have ever talked about

1. When he made that over the top comment to someone on the ice and almost got his ass kicked

I believe he was exonerated from saying anything despicable but definitely said something that went too far.

2. This season when the woman told him to do a Michigan and he did.

I thought that was super awesome and it made me like him a lot more. It was cool that she requested it and that he went through with it in game, a lot of fun.

3. Just now when he smashed a camera after taking a bad penalty

I hated it because it's immature and disrespectful

If you want to call me a Zegras obsessed hater just bring the proof.

this coming from the guy who goes out of his way in the Habs forum to call Zegras a little bitch. then goes to make a post for this lol.

maybe he'll slash a guy from the bench and then op will want him?
Yeah he's a little bitch for breaking the camera, the incidents are related. I'm glad Guhle got suspended, but your whataboutism is so cringe I didn't even want to address it in the first place

Reactions: Samhockey3

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

/shrug

And most duck fans have semi said something like your 1st comment, you’ve just gone about this in an obnoxious way
I think pretty much everyone who isn't a Ducks fan is saying it was immature and disrespectful

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There are only 3 Zegras moments I have ever talked about

1. When he made that over the top comment to someone on the ice and almost got his ass kicked

I believe he was exonerated from saying anything despicable but definitely said something that went too far.

2. This season when the woman told him to do a Michigan and he did.

I thought that was super awesome and it made me like him a lot more. It was cool that she requested it and that he went through with it in game, a lot of fun.

3. Just now when he smashed a camera after taking a bad penalty

I hated it because it's immature and disrespectful

If you want to call me a Zegras obsessed hater just bring the proof.

Yeah he's a little bitch for breaking the camera, the incidents are related

Maybe he’ll break some glass in the warm ups and some glass guy will make a mainboard thread.

You’re fine to not like the kid, and you’re fine to say he has immaturity issues. But when you call him immature just remember you said this 10 mins ago
it's okay if you have a crush on him

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Yeah he's a little bitch for breaking the camera, the incidents are related. I'm glad Guhle got suspended, but your whataboutism is so cringe I didn't even want to address it in the first place
so in your opinion zegras' actions are worth creating a thread days after the event, demanding Zegras publicly apologize and fined. while also questioning why Ducks fans think Zegras is universally loved (when has this ever been stated?). But when it's your player doing something objectively worse, then it's just a simple "yup glad he got suspended". where's that same energy for your guy? slashing someone from the bench is not something an adult should do right?

You just seem to have a personal bias against Zegras for some reason and wanted to create a thread to call him a bitch again and rile up hate towards him. very transparent.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I’m not saying Zegras did the right thing here, but why does Olczyk sound like he paid for that camera out of his own pocket?
Some people actually care about respect

It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is disrespectful and shows poor character in the moment

You have 20% (16 of 90) posts in a thread about this “incident”, none of which are of a sober, reasoned, analytical style.
I’m the OP.. did you do the math on what % ZegsNeedsHelp is at?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Some people actually care about respect

It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is disrespectful and shows poor character in the moment
I get that, but this is not the 1st time the camera in penalty box has been broken by an angry player

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I get that, but this is not the 1st time the camera in penalty box has been broken by an angry player
And it is not the first time a player has been criticized for it. Nothing we’re talking about here is uncharted territory

We should start a precedent where the away team always smashes the home teams cameras since it is a non issue and already happens all the time

so in your opinion zegras' actions are worth creating a thread days after the event, demanding Zegras publicly apologize and fined. while also questioning why Ducks fans think Zegras is universally loved (when has this ever been stated?). But when it's your player doing something objectively worse, then it's just a simple "yup glad he got suspended". where's that same energy for your guy? slashing someone from the bench is not something an adult should do right?

You just seem to have a personal bias against Zegras for some reason and wanted to create a thread to call him a bitch again and rile up hate towards him. very transparent.
There’s literally a much longer thread on Guhle that exists already. I’m glad he got suspended it was a stupid move.

If you want to get into it though, I’m glad he did it to protect his teammate and send a message to the other team, and not to protect his own fragile ego

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And it is not the first time a player has been criticized for it. Nothing we’re talking about here is uncharted territory

We should start a precedent where the away team always smashes the home teams cameras since it is a non issue and already happens all the time

There’s literally a much longer thread on Guhle that exists already

Like a piñata…. I like this idea, league def needs more camera smashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad