Zegras breaks camera in penalty box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
No clue why make this one?

Did you make a Schenn, Pieterangelo one when they killed a camera and call them spoiled and whatnot
I did not personally but if you look into it, there was lots of discussions about their immaturity and there are numerous articles written about each incident, none that suggest breaking the camera was a cool thing to do

1 thing is for sure.... zegras gets the people talking
he gets the ZDF out in full force I see

1 thing is for sure.... zegras gets the people talking

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I did not personally but if you look into it, there was lots of discussions about their immaturity and there are numerous articles written about each incident, none that suggest breaking the camera was a cool thing to do

what is ZDF

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two things about him keep conflicting in my mind - that guys like Friedman talk about how Zegras might not be a Verbeek kind of player vs. how pointy Zegras was his last year at the NTDP. Something has gone a little sideways for him, still wonder who can bring out what we could see his draft year now that the cement seems to be a bit set.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I'm a camera technician so this actually made me LOL. You're not 100% wrong but you aren't exactly right either.

The actual camera operators and technicians are not richer than Zegras, although they make a decent living and I have met a few who are just as bratty.

The penalty box camera is a robo cam which is expensive and hard to set up, there is probably a couple robo cam operators with different assignments, such as panning from face to face when there are multiple people in the box. The panning probably annoyed Zegras because he knew that the broadcast wanted to show his face while he was freaking out.

The operator was just following an assignment from the director to show an upset Zegras, usually a great shot on TV. Everyone was just trying to do their jobs, that's why he should apologize.

He isn't so important that he can just break stuff and not let other people work. Or maybe he is, I don't make the rules of society, but I do think a sincere apology would be a nice gesture and show humility.
When you put it like that I think he should be fined for the damages and I was more referring to the league who hired the techs but yes he should at least issue an apology to the techs. Been a rough season for him the puck isn't bouncing the right way for him and the frustration is getting to him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Two things about him keep conflicting in my mind - that guys like Friedman talk about how Zegras might not be a Verbeek kind of player vs. how pointy Zegras was his last year at the NTDP. Something has gone a little sideways for him, still wonder who can bring out what we could see his draft year now that the cement seems to be a bit set.
Its unfortunate because hes kinda the whipping boy in Anaheim, despite being arguably our most consistent forward this year(points havnt exactly come) and putting up back to back solid seasons on bad teams.

I actually think Eakins did a better job with Zegras than Cronin has.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When you put it like that I think he should be fined for the damages and I was more referring to the league who hired the techs but yes he should at least issue an apology to the techs. Been a rough season for him the puck isn't bouncing the right way for him and the frustration is getting to him
Combination of injuries, losing and bad puck luck/lack of scoring .... i dont mind the emotional outburst from zegras... because outside of gudas/vatrano... this duck roster looks pretty content losing and being embarrassed on a nightly basis. But he def needs to work on keeping his cool at times.

Reactions: Faceboner

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
No one is defending his actions.... we are more questioning your motives.

I already said hes a hot head, and has immaturity issues that need to be worked on/addressed.
So much talk about my motives and you don't know who I am. As someone who works with cameras and makes TV for a living you can see how I would get annoyed when the celebrities we work for break our things because they are upset.

The Robo cam lens isn't that expensive, but we work with $50,000-$100,000 lenses ALL THE TIME. Insurance is good but if you own a business that is dependent on your gear being usable and rentable at a moments notice it is a total nightmare when your stuff breaks.

I assume most of the arena gear is in-house, but I have no idea if there were independent contractors hired for the job who provided their own gear.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So much talk about my motives and you don't know who I am. As someone who works with cameras and makes TV for a living you can see how I would get annoyed when the celebrities we work for break our things because they are upset.
Then send him a msg on IG or twitter... or @ the ducks.

No one on Hfboards is going to help you with your issue with this.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Zegras was so (over) hyped coming into the League, it's caused a backlash whenever he does something stupid or doesn't perform.

So...

1) He'll either breakout and Zegras fans will have the last laugh,

OR

2) He'll continue to be (below) average and we'll see threads like this until his career is over.

It is what it (HFBoards) is.

Last edited:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Once he gets traded the pressure will be off of him. He got a 3 year contract when people were questioning his tenure in Anaheim. He will be a great target come draft day, but he is also insanely skilled and needs to be allowed to play more freely to shine if he keeps cleaning up his board play and defense he will be fine. Anaheim might want to keep because his skill is so great and could benefit them on the long run, but the Sabres have hole at 3c with mitts gone he could be a great buy low target without giving up our first or savoie

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

The Robo cam lens isn't that expensive, but we work with $50,000-$100,000 lenses ALL THE TIME. Insurance is good but if you own a business that is dependent on your gear being usable and rentable at a moments notice it is a total nightmare when your stuff breaks.
It’s not your camera bro why do you care lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Once he gets traded the pressure will be off of him. He got a 3 year contract when people were questioning his tenure in Anaheim. He will be a great target come draft day, but he is also insanely skilled and needs to be allowed to play more freely to shine if he keeps cleaning up his board play and defense he will be fine. Anaheim might want to keep because his skill is so great and could benefit them on the long run, but the Sabres have hole at 3c with mitts gone he could be a great buy low target without giving up our first or savoie
The issue is.. there is little to no chance the ducks are going to sell low on the kid.

Dach was much worse at the time of his trade and got 13th +3rd. I guess it would be low in the sense of a top 6 young center, but youll still be paying a pretty nice piece.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lol great now we got trade proposals for zegras that are ridiculously awful.

Reactions: Kalv

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Combination of injuries, losing and bad puck luck/lack of scoring .... i dont mind the emotional outburst from zegras... because outside of gudas/vatrano... this duck roster looks pretty content losing and being embarrassed on a nightly basis. But he def needs to work on keeping his cool at times.
Emotion isn't bad it seems to be a case of him trying to keep emotion down and it bursting out especially how he meticulously broke it. I personally like when players are more passionate and show care the game needs more emotion as a whole

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad