Former Bruins Zdeno Chara

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What do you do at 46 years of age after retiring from a career of 25 seasons in the NHL? Run a marathon…
All the more reason for me to take the day off, go to the Sox and then go watch him cross the finish line.

He was there when the city needed him the most so I really hope the city is there for him cheering him (and everyone else!) on.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
He beat his Boston time by 20 minutes. 20 freaking minutes. :amazed:
Yeah, I can’t wrap my mind around it.

I’m just never going to be super fast. At my best, I could do a half marathon sub 2 hours. A full marathon is a whole different animal.

Definitely not looking to set any PRs at this point in my life. Happy just to finish.

Z is on another level in terms of his ability and his work ethic.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, I can’t wrap my mind around it.

I’m just never going to be super fast. At my best, I could do a half marathon sub 2 hours. A full marathon is a whole different animal.

Definitely not looking to set any PRs at this point in my life. Happy just to finish.

Z is on another level in terms of his ability and his work ethic.

Thing is too, he's not remotely built like a conventional long-distance runner. He's clearly slimmed down and dropped some muscle since he retired from hockey, but that's still a big frame and weight to be lugging around for mile after mile. As you say though, Chara's just on another level and a freakishly gifted and committed athlete even amongst the pros. Good on him.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Thing is too, he's not remotely built like a conventional long-distance runner. He's clearly slimmed down and dropped some muscle since he retired from hockey, but that's still a big frame and weight to be lugging around for mile after mile. As you say though, Chara's just on another level and a freakishly gifted and committed athlete even amongst the pros. Good on him.
Same!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Big Z is most certainly honoring his "contract".

"Zdeno must agree to keep himself in good shape and physical condition at all times post-retirement."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad