Former Bruins Zdeno Chara

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Fixed it for you.

I believe most of us could stand it if he went to the Leafs but there would be bloodshed if he signed with the Main Enemy.

He can go to either- if a team is signing him at this point it means their defense is in dire condition and if that is the Leafs or Habs, then that's a good thing.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You seem to forget the fact that this team is poorly run

No I haven't forgotten. If Z's that toasted physically it shouldn't be that difficult for a younger, stronger & faster defenseman to beat him out for a spot, even though lacking in overall talent.

Reactions: EvilDead

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
My thought is, would he consider coming back now that there's a different coach?

I think this ship has sailed and I hope he just hangs em up, signs a one day contract with the Bruins and they can hang his jersey in the rafters where it belongs.

Reactions: MoffatMan

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
My thought is, would he consider coming back now that there's a different coach?

I think this ship has sailed and I hope he just hangs em up, signs a one day contract with the Bruins and they can hang his jersey in the rafters where it belongs.
Why would a new coach influence his decision? He thrived here under Cassidy. Unless he had a prior connection to Monty.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Why would a new coach influence his decision? He thrived here under Cassidy. Unless he had a prior connection to Monty.
IIRC when Z left, it was because Bruce made the call that Z would play a reduced role and not top line minutes with Charlie. So maybe some resentment there.

Reactions: Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
IIRC when Z left, it was because Bruce made the call that Z would play a reduced role and not top line minutes with Charlie. So maybe some resentment there.
This, Z felt that he was capable of top minutes but the coach felt that he needed sheltered minutes.

And the coach made the right call. Z's performance has declined since his Boston years.
This was also during his boston years.

"We had certainly offered a contract to Zdeno months ago and he indicated he wanted time to continue to work through, again, where he felt he was at, where the League was at in the Return to Play protocols and what the role we were describing and hoping to integrate him into with our hockey club as we saw it and our internal plans and discussions were moving forward," Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Thursday. "Make no mistake about it, that did include looking to integrate some of the younger players that have had an opportunity to develop in our system and us trying to see whether or not they were capable of handling minutes and situations that they had not been exposed to.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Still owns a double unit on Union Wharf and a recent purchase of a home in Weston. Could some kind of Bs role be far off?

I certainly hope so.

I'd LOVE IT if Z succeeded Sweeney and bumped Neely out the door as well.

Do you realize how maniacally dedicated to the pursuit of excellence this man is? I believe he would make a great GM.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I certainly hope so.

Do you realize how maniacally dedicated to the pursuit of excellence this man is? I believe he would make a great GM.
for the Islanders not DN..... IT WAS Ottawa that made that mistake of letting him come here..... why did Chara start and end his career on the Island

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I certainly hope so.

I hear he is notoriously frugal,probably something Jacobs wold embrace.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad