Injury Report: Zajac injured, out 4-6 months.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Best wishes for a recovery without complications but the rest of the team is going to have to step up big time if we are to avoid another basement year. We will see how good the kids can do, that is for sure.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Here's to a speedy and complete recovery. He must have been really pushing the weights to tear a pectoral, that's usually a football player offseason injury. This plays havoc with the lineup. Not ideal to force feed Nico or McLeod into that role. Maybe Zacha plays in that spot for now?

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
You know, injuries are gonna happen on the team. Zajac was a guy who never got injured when our center depth was pretty bad

The good thing is that our center depth is very deep with Henrique, Hischier, Zacha and McLeod. It will let the youngsters get more playing time in their natural position along with getting more minutes instead of being sheltered on the 4th line.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You know, injuries are gonna happen on the team. Zajac was a guy who never got injured when our center depth was pretty bad

The good thing is that our center depth is very deep with Henrique, Hischier, Zacha and McLeod. It will let the youngsters get more playing time in their natural position along with getting more minutes instead of being sheltered on the 4th line.

Speaks to importance of keeping a guy like Rico around. Would he be better s a winger? Yeah probably, but he can play C.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You think Mojo steps into the first line center role? I don't advocate throwing Nico there at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd rather Henrique play center than MoJo and I'm not a fan of Henrique at center. Might as well go Henrique-Zacha-Hischer/McLeod down the middle and go from there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No more training the third week of August, Travis...go to the beach next time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
At this rate we won't even have to try to fall for him.

Although it could open up more of an opportunity for one of the kids, which might not be the worst thing in the end.

It means someone else has to find chemistry with Hall too.

Rico, Nico, McLeod, and Zacha should all get looks while we wait for Zajac.

This news absolutely sucks, but the silver lining might be a kid taking the role and running with it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You think Mojo steps into the first line center role? I don't advocate throwing Nico there at all.

He could but I think Rico gets first dibs on that role.

Zacha might get a chance too. This could end up being a huge opportunity for him in disguise.

Of course it is possible Nico just muscles his way in there and runs with it. I wouldn't force it on him, but if he earns it who are we to say no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad