Injury Report: Zajac injured, out 4-6 months.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
That sucks about Zacha. Best of luck to him and the Devs this year. It always sucks when a very good young player misses time.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That sucks about Zacha. Best of luck to him and the Devs this year. It always sucks when a very good young player misses time.

Almost, appreciate the effort :laugh:

It's Zajac that's injured not Zacha. Unless you know something we don't

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Damn, that sucks.

Not sure this necessarily means McLeod makes the team, but it definitely opens the door that much more.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean outside of Schneider going down I don't see another players injury being this hard to overcome, am I wrong or just overreacting?

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
I guess this guarantees Nico plays with Hall. I didnt want to put Nico into the buzzsaw too early but I can't stomach the thought of watching Henrique ruin Hall's offense because he is poor at reading the play. This all but guarantees McLeod will start the season in NJ and if Zajac comes back before the 40ish (someone help me out with the exact number please) games, NJ can sent him back to juniors and possibly the WJC, without burning a UFA year.

Anyway, not much to say other than this sucks royally for our 17-18 chances, not that they were high to begin with. Zajac is such a damn good player and I think we all take for granted his 40-50 points with elite defense. It's been pretty impressive how he's been able to fit in with all of NJ's top wingers from Parise to Jagr to Hall. Speaks volumes about how smart of a player he is.

If NJ can bag a top dman like Dahlin, McIssac, Hughes, Ryan Merkley or even another franchise forward like Svechnikov, this really may be a blessing in disguise.

Merrills Marauders

Jul 20, 2011
New Jersey
I mean outside of Schneider going down I don't see another players injury being this hard to overcome, am I wrong or just overreacting?

You're not. I agree Zajac, outside of maybe Hall, is the most integral forward that we couldn't afford to lose. Here's to hoping the kids really, reaaallllyyyy step up this year.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Well, this team might be REALLY bad again.

I guess I can live with it if it means Hynes gets fired and we get an elite prospect in the draft this year. But if the team really does suck again, that is not good for Hall at all. We will eventually have to decide something with Schneider.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

hall is without a doubt the best player on this team. losing severson would also be a big blow.

at least the devils medical staff is different so hopefully they don't bring him back too early and cause him to miss more like what happened with his achilles injury

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
#Dahlin

Can't get much worse injury news than this.

Schneider or Hischier would be worse. Not saying a Hischier injury ruins this teams chances at the playoffs, but it would make us completely unwatchable. He's pretty much the only reason I'm watching next season.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Sooo we are going to win exactly, 2 faceoffs a game this season? This is horrible in the sense of wanting to perform better but good for a young guy like Mcloed to step in...Sigh

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So I guess Zajac is out until mid to lags December-mid February?

Yikes

Hiney Head better yank the chain off Hischier and play him at least 18 minutes per game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Schneider or Hischier would be worse. Not saying a Hischier injury ruins this teams chances at the playoffs, but it would make us completely unwatchable. He's pretty much the only reason I'm watching next season.

I don't know how much Cory really means at this point either, he's going to have a second straight bad season with this group even if he plays cleaner than he did last year his numbers'll still be god-awful.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know how much Cory really means at this point either, he's going to have a second straight bad season with this group even if he plays cleaner than he did last year his numbers'll still be god-awful.

I don't think he will I think he'll either have a good season again, even if not as good as his first several years here. Or he'll have a bad season and just not be good anymore.

I'm leaning towards the first one though. He had a great season with a really poor defense/defensive forwards in 14-15.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think he will I think he'll either have a good season again, even if not as good as his first several years here. Or he'll have a bad season and just not be good anymore.

I'm leaning towards the first one though. He had a great season with a really poor defense/defensive forwards in 14-15.

Problem is they at least had a two-years younger Greene, Larsson and a healthy (albeit offensively challenged) Zajac that year. Cory's going to need sleep therapy to avoid having nightmares of life with this D core and no Travis for at least half the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad