Injury Report: Zajac injured, out 4-6 months.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Severson going down would be bad, more so because it would further pause his development than anything else. You could really say the same for all the under-25's on the roster though.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Will this news help The chances of Quenneville to Make The team ?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I'm not worried It sucks we lost him but this still doesn't change anything. It's still a development year for the kids and now someone has the chance to step up. Usually a kid can really shine in a situation involving a sudden injury.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If we were a playoff contender I would be upset and worried. Lot of people are freaking out because we lost a guy and we're probably going to finish 12th in the conference even with him.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
People who say Zajac is overpaid and not an important part of the team are going to see why they're so wrong this year, unfortunately. Man we're going to suck. I hope Hischier and McLeod are exciting, because there's not a lot to look forward to right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People who say Zajac is overpaid and not an important part of the team are going to see why they're so wrong this year, unfortunately. Man we're going to suck. I hope Hischier and McLeod are exciting, because there's not a lot to look forward to right now.

Nico, Zacha, McLeod, potentially seeing Speers, JQ, and other kids.

It is a development year and we have a lot of young talent.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey

Ha I was coming in here to post that this entire thread is Exhibit A in defense of Zajac's contract.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm not worried It sucks we lost him but this still doesn't change anything. It's still a development year for the kids and now someone has the chance to step up. Usually a kid can really shine in a situation involving a sudden injury.

It changes a lot

you cant just play the kids and throw them into situations they aren't ready for

thats how you ruin prospects.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
That's a tough blow. I guess that leaves us with our center depth as follows.

1. Zacha
2. Henrique
3. Hischier
4. Boyle

?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Coddling all of them doesn't always help either.

If they are ready, they are ready. We are due for a prospect to explode

It has nothing to do with coddling. You can't just throw Hischier, for example, out there against other team's top lines night in and night out to get eaten alive. Thats what Zajac was good for.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
JQ, Blender, Mojo can play center. McLeod if he makes the team.

It wouldn't hurt to bring in a vet for depth purposes as long as they don't block a kid that deserves to play.

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2018/caphit/all/center

There's no middle-six center to bring in. The only guys left in FA are fourth liners like John Mitchell or Daniel Winnik, but they don't really help replace Zajac at all. Only thing they would do is make our fourth line better, but even that's debatable.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2018/caphit/all/center

There's no middle-six center to bring in. The only guys left in FA are fourth liners like John Mitchell or Daniel Winnik, but they don't really help replace Zajac at all. Only thing they would do is make our fourth line better, but even that's debatable.

We shouldn't be looking to sign a Zajac replacement. The kids will have to do that.

You sign someone because everyone else is going to have to move up a spot, or if someone else gets hurt.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We shouldn't be looking to sign a Zajac replacement. The kids will have to do that.

You sign someone because everyone else is going to have to move up a spot, or if someone else gets hurt.

The guys out there aren't worth signing.

We have Henrique, Zacha, Hischier, Johansson, McLeod, and Boyle who will all battle for top-nine center spots. We have Coleman, Pietila, Rooney, and Blandisi who will all battle for the 4C role if Boyle has to move up to 3C.

I don't think there's anyone out there that is worthy of a contract right now. I wouldn't mind inviting a guy like John Mitchell on a PTO though.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It has nothing to do with coddling. You can't just throw Hischier, for example, out there against other team's top lines night in and night out to get eaten alive. Thats what Zajac was good for.

Uhhh move Henrique to the top line. Like I said this wasn't a playoff season anyway. So this doesn't really hurt the team in terms of development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad