Zaitsev with Rielly

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Zaitsev is the worst of of the bunch. It looks like our GM notices he is one of the problems on the defence. Gardiner is our 2nd best d man. Defensively, he is also our best d man.
The people that say Zaitsev is better really need to get some knowledge on these players and hockey.

Gardiner makes some turnovers? He is terrible and needs to be replaced!

Watch videos of Z on the big ice, they guy is dynamic, a great skater, he is a dominant puck mover on the big ice. Maybe his game just does not translate to the NHL.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Focus should be on moving Dermott up the lineup.

If anything I would try Jake and Morgan together. Not sure who plays the right side though.

Let Hainsey work with Dermott to make him more responsible.

Drop Z down to third pair.

I think that is quietly happening... his TOI has been around 20 minutes in 3 of his last 4 games. His season TOI is 17:44

Reactions: Menzinger

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think that is quietly happening... his TOI has been around 20 minutes in 3 of his last 4 games. His season TOI is 17:44
IN terms of 5v5 TOI, Hainsey is actually 4th behind Rielly/Jake/Zaitsev, and Dermott is only about 20-30 seconds behind him. Babs is gradually reducing Hainsey's minutes a bit while increasing Dermott's.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
They should be looking to play him less not more.

Let's pour gas on the fire and give Zaitsev more minutes.

I don't think it's a good idea to increase his minutes but maybe having a partner who's better defensively would help him.

Not that I think that putting Zaitsev with Rielly is a good idea, but it would not likely result in more minutes. At ES the Leafs play both of their top pairings roughly equally - actually they generally play the Gardiner pairing a bit more. The issue would be that Rielly's pair plays the toughest minutes - plays against the top line etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad