Zaitsev is in a complicated child custody mess in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I am not particularly inclined to believe the accusations against Zaitsev's ex considering his parents saw fit to release a video of her, gasp, about to have sex with some other man, probably obtained illegally to boot. Even if she is a horrible parent in general, who cares if she is dating other men or not?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
If you're going to take your kids by force from their mother I'm going to need a lot more than hearsay and rumor about her. Hell, with his money and it being Russia and all, you'd think he'd have had a pretty easy time getting custody legally without resorting to kidnapping if she was such a mess.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
And if not ? Just assuming on side is right without knowing anything is more than dubious to me to say the slightest. I stopped believing everybodies heroic sob-stories a long time ago and now just assume everybody i don't know is just lying about everything .
If not then he's a POS but I really don't think he would ask the permission from his club to fly over to Russia to just abuse his ex for no particular reason whatsoever, especially considering the kids were with the mother in the first place which indicates Zaitsev wasnt against them being with her initially. As one of the posters said, russian judicial system tends to leave kids to mothers. Every case is special obviously but the tendency is there. And if Zaitsev had made the decision to do what he did then I think he's had a rather worthy reason to do that.
I have no idea what is happening with this story, but this is not how thing work in a law governed society.
Law is not always the way to go in this life and it doesn't matter if it's Canada or Russia or Surinam. There is always a moral side to our actions. And for some people that side is more important. I get that it sounds odd for the people in NA but believe me that leaving everything up to law is odd to the same extent for those who think otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: o6mopok

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
If Zaitsev’s contract gets terminated then Ottawa robs the Leafs in their Ceci for Zaitsev + Brown trade

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If everything said about her and her family is true I totally side with him here. Russia isn’t really the place where you want to wait around and do things by the books because the books are not the same as they are in NA. If you thought your kids were in danger you would do it too, who cares about your contract

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
How? They're both hot garbage but Zaitsev's contract ends in 2024...

But Ceci is far hotter garbage, and Zaitsev is only about $1m overpaid. Even without Connor Brown, it's already a slight win for Ottawa. With Connor Brown it's the steal of the century.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lots of people quick to label Zaitsev some kind of monster, I see this as more a desperation move out of care for his children. Doesn't make it right but these things can get so ugly, common sense usually flies out the door. I'm sure things are different in Russia, but the guy will almost never get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

Above all else, I just hope someone figures out the right situation for these kids. Stuff like that, when the children get dragged into conflict just makes my blood boil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad