Weekes: Zadorov requested a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The NHL has become so f***ed when we got bottom pairing guys acting indignant and demanding trades.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Calgary fans, what would you be looking for for your dmen if we were to boil it down to picks only? Something like:

1) Zadorov - 1st or pair 2nds
2) Hanifin - two 1sts or 1st plus pair of 2nds.
3) Tanev - 2nd + 3rd.

Does that sounds about right, or too much/little?
Outside fan here but think you are a little high on market value for both Zadorov and Hanifan.

Hanifan I think you’re looking at 1st plus 2nd or OK prospect.

Zadorov I think you’re looking at two 2nds or maybe single 1st.

Could see a potential bidding war for either player, in which case all bets are off. Zadorov in particular I could see a bidding war driving the price up to a 1st + something small. Should be interesting to watch!

cwgatti

Mar 3, 2006
Should the New York Rangers look into this possibility? Lindgren is hurt again (he is no Dan Girardi when it comes to durability). NYR in a real jam right now.

Zach Jones &a 2nd & a 3rd
for
Zadorov (1/2 retained).

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
@LEAFANFORLIFE23
@Petes2424

All this talk about Leafs and 2nd round picks... I really don't think we're going to wait until 2027 for a 2nd round pick

I never mentioned anything about a 2nd round pick, I know they don't have that although I don't see that as a huge deal because I think Toronto has enough prospects to make it work.

Especially since Treliving has no ties to anybody except Cowan

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
32 thoughts. Friedman says he heard thar a leafs player told Zadorov that he would be perfect for the leafs/what they're missing.

So, seems the players want him and he would be that big, mean physical dman back there. He can actually play, too
This is why I wouldn't mind having him on the wings to see if it fits or not. We have chiarot who can just be a di*k when he feels like it and we have seider that can hold his own when he wants. Would love to have a player like zadorov who is probably defense first but can lay someone out if they mess with larkin or dbc etc.

I miss kronwall's hits...maybe this is me overcompensating

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
32 thoughts. Friedman says he heard thar a leafs player told Zadorov that he would be perfect for the leafs/what they're missing.

So, seems the players want him and he would be that big, mean physical dman back there. He can actually play, too
Good thing the players don't run the team.

Zadorov would be a lot less than perfect for the Leafs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I legit don't really quite understand the request, since Zadorov was getting traded regardless.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Klingberg is on a 1 year deal, in what world would the Leafs throw a 1st to get rid of him?
The 1st is for Zadorov my friend, especially if the Flames have to pick up Klinberg who has no value to them

You also have a GM who doesn’t value pick much

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Zadorov for 2024 1st, Klingberg, and Abruzzesse.

Klingberg is a cap dump that equalizes salary in/out in the transaction.

The 1st is likely to be a late round pick that is slightly better than a high 2nd rounder.

Abruzzesse was a 2019 4th rounder that may be a tweener or may be ready to make the jump. He used to be Coronato's centreman in college.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I legit don't really quite understand the request, since Zadorov was getting traded regardless.
I think it’s more about the sooner rather than later part. Perhaps he’s just a little uncomfortable in the room after some of his public words.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
As someone who didn't want or like Zadorov when the Flames traded for him I think he's progressed a lot. I think a lot of people are underrating him a bit in this thread, he has the highest xGF% of any Flames regular D-man this season.

20231114_100556.jpg

He's not awful offensively anymore. For one, he's a very good puck carrier for a defenseman, a benefit of his massive wingspan. The Flames D get lots of touches in the offensive zone and he's good at keeping them alive and continuing the cycle. He'll sometimes skate with it as well to try and find a better lane or drive the net. On top of that he has a heavy shot and beats some goalies clean.

Defensively he's always been pretty good. He makes the occasional mistake but he's a consistently pretty good at shutting down the rush and very good at stopping cycles by virtue of his size and reach.

Overall I think he's a solid 4/5 option. I don't think he'd be a detriment on a 2nd pairing if played with a good player at this point and if he had chemistry with the player they could form a very good 2nd pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad