Weekes: Zadorov requested a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if Conor Timmins is a guy we see as part of a deal with Calgary, Timmins is a Dubas guy not a Treliving guy and he's also not a rental which could be of interest to Calgary

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Always liked what he’s brought to the table. But he’s gonna get a solid overpay on his next contract, I’m happy it won’t be from the flames.

This “quick resolution” stuff is bullshit though lol, f*** that, Conroy needs to take the proper time and trade him only when the price is right.

Reactions: Nanuuk

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Zadorov has matured into a dependable player, who’s hard to play against, and makes players pay the price. Whether he’s a 4 or 5, he’s in all likelihood, pulling a 2nd Round or equivalent player/prospect combo.

So what’s he worth if a team is asking the Flames to retain, take dead salary and/or a luke warm body back, they don’t need to do with other teams??

I’m just not sure how the Leafs/Penguins do it, without sending a 1st, because they need that retention on top of it. Another 2nd? A 3rd? I know how Columbus or Detroit for example, could do it. Know how Boston could do it. How do the Leafs do it, when there’s other teams who don’t need the retention?

There’s almost no cap space for sale right now. What else do they send that’s the difference between a 1st and a 2nd, that Calgary would want?

Personally I wonder if Timmins is a guy Calgary targets given that he's not a rental.

He's also not a guy Treliving had anything to do with bringing to town, that was Dubas so I'm wondering if Timmins is available

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Bond

May 10, 2012
Personally I wonder if Timmins is a guy Calgary targets given that he's not a rental.

He's also not a guy Treliving had anything to do with bringing to town, that was Dubas so I'm wondering if Timmins is available
Timmins doesn’t do much for the Flames. Tweener who was just acquired for an AHL guy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Said it on the Flames board, but there is little downside to the Flames waiting to make a deal. Zadorov needs to play well for teams to want him, and for his next contract, so he can't just phone it in. Conroy can wait until a good deal comes around, and the longer he waits, the less is owing on Zadorov's contract so teams accruing cap space will become more interested as time goes on.

My guess is he is moved no earlier than the second week for January.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

He’d be a body basically. So he fits in that regard but if a team like Boston or Detroit wants Zadorov to upgrade their current D-core and offered Maatta and a 2nd or 3rd and Boston offered Grzelcyk and a 2nd or 3rd, the Leafs are gonna have to go higher with the draft choice.

Calgary can use either one of those two dman, and sell them off later, but have a solid NHL dman in the meantime, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. That would upgrade either of those team’s d-core for the season. Yzerman has a history of these type acquisitions too. He loves those big guys that are hard to play against, and can play a role in the playoffs.

I’ve tried thinking of how the Leafs or the Pens can do it, without a 1st, because they need that retention, the other teams don’t. Calgary is in an interesting spot. They really don’t have anyone to call up right now, they can really trust. They almost need a dman in return.

I’ve even thought Vegas might be smart, and be in on him. Straight up for Whitecloud. Gives Vegas another element, to have almost two McNabbs in the playoffs, and gives them some money next summer, cause they have a couple of kids who are ready to join that d-core. So why not upgrade for this year, and be rid of Whitecloud’s salary for the summer? Calgary also gets a nice dman for the next few years.

Vegas hasnt done anything recently. They will upgrade somewhere and nobody expects it on the blueline. Imagine them getting Hanifin. They’d be able to resign him too, with Martinez being up after this year. They’d have Pietrangelo’s replacement a couple of years early. They’d be so hard to play against with Pietrangelo, Theodore and Hanifin carrying their pairings in the playoffs.

They’re gonna do something. Whether they’re in on Zadorov, maybe, maybe not, but there’s another team who wouldn’t need the retention if they sent Whitecloud.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’d be a body basically. So he fits in that regard but if a team like Boston or Detroit wants Zadorov to upgrade their current D-core and offered Maatta and a 2nd or 3rd and Boston offered Grzelcyk and a 2nd or 3rd, the Leafs are gonna have to go higher with the draft choice.

Calgary can use either one of those two dman, and sell them off later, but have a solid NHL dman in the meantime, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. That would upgrade either of those team’s d-core for the season. Yzerman has a history of these type acquisitions too. He loves those big guys that are hard to play against, and can play a role in the playoffs.

I’ve tried thinking of how the Leafs or the Pens can do it, without a 1st, because they need that retention, the other teams don’t. Calgary is in an interesting spot. They really don’t have anyone to call up right now, they can really trust. They almost need a dman in return.

I’ve even thought Vegas might be smart, and be in on him. Straight up for Whitecloud. Gives Vegas another element, to have almost two McNabbs in the playoffs, and gives them some money next summer, cause they have a couple of kids who are ready to join that d-core. So why not upgrade for this year, and be rid of Whitecloud’s salary for the summer? Calgary also gets a nice dman for the next few years.

Vegas hasnt done anything recently. They will upgrade somewhere and nobody expects it on the blueline. Imagine them getting Hanifin. They’d be able to resign him too, with Martinez being up after this year. They’d have Pietrangelo’s replacement a couple of years early. They’d be so hard to play against with Pietrangelo, Theodore and Hanifin carrying their pairings in the playoffs.

They’re gonna do something. Whether they’re in on Zadorov, maybe, maybe not, but there’s another team who wouldn’t need the retention if they sent Whitecloud.

Teams like Boston aren't going to give up guys like Gryz.

I could absolutely see them, trying to add Zadorov but that's the thhing, they would want to add Zadorov, not subtract Grezlcyk.

By all accounts the two most interested teams are Toronto and Vancouver.

I think that bodes well For Toronto, I'm not convinced Calgary really wants to send him to not only a conference rival, but a division rival.

We know that matters in a lot of cases

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
@LEAFANFORLIFE23
@Petes2424

All this talk about Leafs and 2nd round picks... I really don't think we're going to wait until 2027 for a 2nd round pick

I never mentioned anything about a 2nd round pick, I know they don't have that although I don't see that as a huge deal because I think Toronto has enough prospects to make it work.

Especially since Treliving has no ties to anybody except Cowan

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
He's a 3rd pairing d man that is often out of position. Good hitter but no offense watched him for years on the Avs
14 goals last season and very seldom out of position. Only complaint is sometimes takes bad penalties. That’s been getting better.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
32 thoughts. Friedman says he heard thar a leafs player told Zadorov that he would be perfect for the leafs/what they're missing.

So, seems the players want him and he would be that big, mean physical dman back there. He can actually play, too

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
32 thoughts. Friedman says he heard thar a leafs player told Zadorov that he would be perfect for the leafs/what they're missing.

So, seems the players want him and he would be that big, mean physical dman back there. He can actually play, too
probably a reason the leaked trade request happened when the flames were in Toronto

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Soucy didn't return. Could definitely see the Canucks going harder after him if he misses extended time.
Zadorov is definitely a guy I can see them targeting as a Cole replacement after this season and if Soucy is out for an extended time making a move now and getting Zadorov locked up may be worth it for them. I’d hate to move a 1st for him, but getting him locked up and dumping a contract may be worth that for management. Beauvillier and conditional 1st for Zadorov and lower pick is something I can see happening with the Canucks locking up Zadorov to a 3/4 year extension.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Calgary fans, what would you be looking for for your dmen if we were to boil it down to picks only? Something like:

1) Zadorov - 1st or pair 2nds
2) Hanifin - two 1sts or 1st plus pair of 2nds.
3) Tanev - 2nd + 3rd.

Does that sounds about right, or too much/little?

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Calgary fans, what would you be looking for for your dmen if we were to boil it down to picks only? Something like:

1) Zadorov - 1st or pair 2nds
2) Hanifin - two 1sts or 1st plus pair of 2nds.
3) Tanev - 2nd + 3rd.

Does that sounds about right, or too much/little?

I wont comment on the value, but if I was the GM it would be picks and prospects. But with the current mandate from ownership it might be hockey trades, I have no idea.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I wont comment on the value, but if I was the GM it would be picks and prospects. But with the current mandate from ownership it might be hockey trades, I have no idea.

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out their value based on something uniform like picks rather than making it more subjective with individual prospects or players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad