Zadorov blames the Kings system for their loss

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What I find hilarious is in one breath you have people whining about how boring and generic hockey interviews are yet those same people are now whining and Zadorov a loser for giving his opinion on a system neither he nor a lot of fans like.

He never blamed the loss on said system, just that he, personally, dislikes it.

So what is it? Do you want opinions you may not like or generic "get pucks deep"?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
What I find hilarious is in one breath you have people whining about how boring and generic hockey interviews are yet those same people are now whining and Zadorov a loser for giving his opinion on a system neither he nor a lot of fans like.

He never blamed the loss on said system, just that he, personally, dislikes it.

So what is it? Do you want opinions you may not like or generic "get pucks deep"?
I'd argue people don't like forwards playing defensive, but when a below average defenseman complains that other team is defending too much... that's not a good look.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
"PLEASE DOUGHTY! LET ME CARRY THE PUCK THROUGH, JUST ONCE"!

Doughty: "Haha trap go burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".
And here’s a couple cross checks to the back that I won’t get called for because I suck every ref in the league off

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Is he wrong?

Tell me you don’t watch hockey without telling me you don’t watch hockey
Canucks lose in 5 games first round. No real offensive talent at forward. Over performing. I’ll bet on it. Despite playing trap the Kings have infinitely more talent at forward than the Canucks. Kings have had a weird year for sure but the Canucks have heavily over achieved without reason.

Dont say I didnt give you a heads up.

Pacific division playoffs is going to be fun I can guarantee that

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Can’t wait to hear the excuses when the Canucks get bounced. Your best forward it Jt Miller. Yeah the Canucks are super talented and aren’t an anomaly. You right.
You mean the JT with 91 points who is 9th league wide since joining the nucks. Or 100 point selke level EP.
You realize we've been top 5 all year in offense right?

1-3-1 works against bad teams like the canucks, no surprise hes complaining.
The bad team that is 8 up on your team and was broken by us?
Do better.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
So McLellan played the 1-3-1. Now Hiller is playing the 1-3-1. The thing that would bother me as a Kings fan, is that the coach doesn’t really have a say? Why doesn’t Rob Blake just coach the team if hes mandating what the coach has to implement?

The thing I don’t really get, it’s not like Kings have to play this system. They have good players. They have better offensive players than some of the eastern media will give them credit for. Its puzzling to me. I think Blake sucks.

If a coach was implementing the 1-3-1 because they had no offensive talent, and they thought it was the best way to win, I understand it. But that’s not the Kings. Have some faith in your players.

They have a lot of good to great 2 way forward. The team have been build this way. As soon the games become a bit unstructured this line up get torn apart.

There also a core group that have play this style for years. It would take a lot of time to play as effectively something new.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
It's hilarious seeing these Oilers/Kings fans calling Canucks a "bad team" when they have been top of the league and dominated the Oilers head to head, while the Oilers themselves lost to the Sens lately.

Canucks were better than the Kings yesterday and just didn't get the bounces. It happens.
Not a bad team in the slightest.
But the playoffs are a different tighter gameplay that we as fans know.
And the Kings are a great litmus test of that with their suffocating, boring, cure-to-insomnia style of play which mimics it.

And if Zadorov is making these comments, you know it got under their skin. Imagine he had to play these guys 6-7 times in a row.

Got any spare McDavids?
You already have a JT Miller.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
People are on here acting like the puck drops, and LA goes automatically into a 1-3-1.....from the start of the game til the end of the game....when in reality, they drop into 1-3-1, when they CLEARLY lose possession or they dump and go change so the opponent has an easy out of the zone etc,

It happens roughly a dozen times a game, and people act like it's a full 60 minutes.
Nobody is saying HF boards is a bunch of Mensa members.

They just like to go hyperbolic on various topics.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly seems like a few of you have “sadly trolling Canucks fans/ threads” as your entire personality. Hope it works out for you.

Z’s statement was benign. Too many of you had your impotent fury ready to go on a hair trigger. Yeesh.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'm surprised to see no comments about Rick Tocchet in this thread. I know he's having success this season, and the Coyotes had little talent while he was here, but the biggest knock against him was his inability to adjust between periods. There was no evidence that he was a good X's and O's coach. Perhaps he has improved over the years, but lesser teams have found a way to beat the Kings' system; so should the Canucks.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Fans are being conditioned to expect a real life video game every night. Now THAT is boring. The Kings play a very aggressive forecheck that attacks the passing lanes and frustrates opponents, the whole 1-3-1 thing is an exaggeration. They do use it more than most teams, but its not the reason why the Kings stifle opponents.

Playoff hockey is so much more about perseverance and mentality than skill and speed. But don't worry about the Kings succeeding. Maybe if they were bigger and more physical, and there best players were in their prime, then maybe this style of play might accomplish something. But its just delaying the inevitable.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I have zero problem with his comments but I'm wondering why him and the media and others are suddenly going after the Kings for this when it's been four years plus of it

Oh wait no I don't, it takes the focus off the Kings taking 5 of 6 points from the Canucks, they're loser comments, even if they're accurate. Take some accountability. Why didn't this come up a few weeks back when the Kings woodshedded them 5-1?

Believe me no one is harder on the Kings use of the 1-3-1 than Kings fans so we will 100% agree the comments are true and honest. But hell I wish it was effective as the mythology of it on this forum. The Kings have blown more two goal leads than anyone in the NHL IIRC so it's not THAT effective. The difference is now Hiller uses it selectively rather than full-time (even still, it's to our chagrin), so the timing just comes off as sour grapes from the canadian mediasphere, finding a scapegoat for the Canucks struggles vs. LA.

"They had one extra bounce then we did"
- 2024 Canucks player

How the turn tables.

Was wondering how long it would take before someone realized the irony in the form of 'we had better advanced stats the other team had better PDO' undercurrent

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Canucks lose in 5 games first round. No real offensive talent at forward. Over performing. I’ll bet on it. Despite playing trap the Kings have infinitely more talent at forward than the Canucks. Kings have had a weird year for sure but the Canucks have heavily over achieved without reason.

You really have a bee in your bonnet about the Canucks today, eh?

I'm as big of a hockey fan as they come and last game was a tough watch. Kings play a pretty boring style, but that's fine. Teams play the cards they are dealt and are out there to win.

But for players to acknowledge what non-homers are all aware of, that it's about the least fun time a group of 12 men with hockey sticks can have on the ice seems like it doesn't have to bunch up your panties to this degree.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Go cry Canucks just like in 2012

My god when u want to like this version of nucks but they cry about this. Wow

I can't wait for playoffs. This is how teams play in playoffs!!!!! I guess Vancouver Canucks doesn't know that with ZERO cups and all
So you get two lucky bounces and beat a better team who is missing their vezina quality goaltender and two good top 9 forwards and this is how you handle it?
God you're gonna' be insufferable to be around when you get your first girlfriend.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

This might be the most dumbest take in this thread.

Especially the bolded.

So a team with EP and Miller, along with someone who is close to scoring 40 Goals in Boeser is "no real offensive talent at forward"? Then you got solid top 6 forwards like Garland, Hoglander and Lindholm (who didn't even play). You also clearly don't know what overachieving means. You are throwing shades at the Canucks offensive prowess when Ep and Miller would be the best forwards on your team. This is hilarious.

Your team won with 2 lucky bounces with Doughty diving for calls. Get a grip. The Canucks were the better team and lost. You can still be the better team and still lose the game, this isn't a difficult concept.

Most people know that The Canucks are a much better offensive team than the Kings. Stats and Eye test are key in that.

Kings played for the win and they were smart with their 1-3-1 tactics. They will be tough team in the post season and they have experienced winners still playing at a top level in Kopitar and Doughty. I have no problem with the way they won. You win with whatever means regardless of whether it is exciting for not.

Also It's like some of these Kings fans forgot that the Canucks won the game before this one.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So you get two lucky bounces and beat a better team who is missing their vezina quality goaltender and two good top 9 forwards and this is how you handle it?
God you're gonna' be insufferable to be around when you get your first girlfriend.

You'll notice no one said a word when your vezina goaltender got old yellered 5-1 a few weeks back by the very same team. 5 lucky bounces i guess?

maybe that's because there wasn't a parade of canucks fans coming thru our boards telling us how bad of fans we actually are at that point so again, the strange timing and the strange anger is escalating and I'm not sure why this is suddenly an issue when it's been literally years.

but you reap what you sow and you guys should probably expect some pushback when you start teeing off on fans on their home board for telling them something they already know but implying they're bad humans for it.

Reactions: shuchukfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad