Zadorov blames the Kings system for their loss

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
People are on here acting like the puck drops, and LA goes automatically into a 1-3-1.....from the start of the game til the end of the game....when in reality, they drop into 1-3-1, when they CLEARLY lose possession or they dump and go change so the opponent has an easy out of the zone etc,

It happens roughly a dozen times a game, and people act like it's a full 60 minutes.
It’s definitely more often than a dozen times a game, it’s the majority of the game. And it’s completely fine, that’s the system that works for them

devo09

Feb 20, 2012
People are on here acting like the puck drops, and LA goes automatically into a 1-3-1.....from the start of the game til the end of the game....when in reality, they drop into 1-3-1, when they CLEARLY lose possession or they dump and go change so the opponent has an easy out of the zone etc,

It happens roughly a dozen times a game, and people act like it's a full 60 minutes.
Half the people on HFboards expect the forward to chase the defenceman behind the net when they have possession.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Fans see it, media sees it, players see it. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not saying they don't employ it, I'm saying it's not the majority of the game, it's in very specific situations, A. total loss of possession deep in the zone, or B. they dumped and changed,

Feel free to show me ANY other situation they've engaged in a 1-3-1 please.

Reactions: Fripp and Statto

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not saying they don't employ it, I'm saying it's not the majority of the game, it's in very specific situations, A. total loss of possession deep in the zone, or B. they dumped and changed,

Feel free to show me ANY other situation they've engaged in a 1-3-1 please.
Again fans, players and media see it. No point in trying to argue that with a fan of the team.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Again fans, players and media see it. No point in trying to argue that with a fan of the team.

Again, they see it because it's employed.....but show me where it's employed without what I said, A or B....and if you think A or B is the MAJORITY of the game, it shows me, you don't watch them.

Reactions: Fripp

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Again, they see it because it's employed.....but show me where it's employed without what I said, A or B....and if you think A or B is the MAJORITY of the game, it shows me, you don't watch them.
We see it every LA game, we see it in LA playoff games. Even other LA fans acknowledge it in this thread

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
We see it every LA game, we see it in LA playoff games. Even other LA fans acknowledge it in this thread

They employ it EVERY LA GAME.....but they do not employ it the majority of the game, you realize those are two different and distinct observations right? I told you exactly when they employ it, show me an instance where it's outside of those situations....

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yea . Nucks stink. LA is good.
Enjoy getting bounced out in the 1st round by the Oilers again .
Can’t wait to hear the excuses when the Canucks get bounced. Your best forward it Jt Miller. Yeah the Canucks are super talented and aren’t an anomaly. You right.

Reactions: Little Psycho

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
1-3-1 works against bad teams like the canucks, no surprise hes complaining.
Yep if 1-3-1 was effective then the Kings wouldn’t be getting lit up by the Oilers nonstop in the playoffs. Zadorov should be complaining about the lack of talent on their team that’s making the 1-3-1 an issue. Kings got killed by the stars while running the 1-3-1.

Reactions: Little Psycho

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
They employ it EVERY LA GAME.....but they do not employ it the majority of the game, you realize those are two different and distinct observations right? I told you exactly when they employ it, show me an instance where it's outside of those situations....
Not saying you’re totally wrong, but TMac has holding true to it all last playoffs against Edmonton and it was their undoing.

Hell, he was still using it at one point when the Oilers were up a couple of goals in the third period.

Again, though, I expect Hiller to be much better at adjusting.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Misleading title.

He's explaining how the kings play, and he's not blaming anything.

My rare post on kings hockey in the last couple years aren't much different than what he's saying.... I just use different words, whereas zadorov is his usual unfiltered self.

Reactions: Nucker101

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not saying you’re totally wrong, but TMac has holding true to it all last playoffs against Edmonton and it was their undoing.

Hell, he was still using it at one point when the Oilers were up a couple of goals in the third period.

Again, though, I expect Hiller to be much better at adjusting.

Absolutely, he wasn't able to adjust, but that wasn't the argument....

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Even the Oilers broke that shit system two playoffs in a row. As predicted the Canucks are going to have a rude awakening in the playoffs.

It’s a different beast and a lot of the players there will find out.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.

The Oilers lost to the Canucks earlier this year.
Vancouver was just lucky they got a bad team like Edmonton 3 times so early, good boost for the team. Some may say it’s helped them be one of the best teams in the league this year

Reactions: Jason316

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
the coach's job is to device the system they play, to win,
the players job is to play the system, to entertain.
the management's job is to create a entertaining product for their fans, to drive profit.
the fans job is to pay, to consume the entertainment.

if you are paying to watch something as boring as that 1-3-1, its not anybody's fault but yourself, just tune out. If they see a drop in revenue, the league will do something to make them open up. kind of like the trapezoid and 90s devils hockey.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's atrocious to watch. Makes the 1990s Devils look like the 1980s Oilers.

Fair enough to play that way if you can make it effective, but don't expect people to like it very much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad