Zadorov blames the Kings system for their loss

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't have a problem with it, if it's helping them win games then they'd be stupid to stop. It does suck to watch entertainment-wise though because these guys will do it during the 2nd period of a tie game at home but again if that's their best chance to win they'd be stupid to stop.

They're definitely a tough matchup for the Canucks.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
With luck, they'll meet each other in the playoffs now. The Golden Knights are within reach of the Kings in the standings. If Vegas passes the Kings and the Canucks finish ahead of the Stars for the top seed in the West, then the Pacific No. 1 v. WC2 series could see them play as early as the first round. If things stay as they are, it would have to wait until round two and either or both could get knocked out first.

Reactions: Vegas07 and BHD

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He ain’t wrong.

Op…..why did you say he blamed the loss to the system? Looks like someone asked him a question and he gave an honest answer. Didn’t seem like he blamed the loss on the system. He even said it’s hard to come back against it which is actually a compliment even if he’s not a fan of the system. Seems like you just want to start an anti Zadorov thread?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He ain’t wrong.

Op…..why did you say he blamed the loss to the system? Looks like someone asked him a question and he gave an honest answer. Didn’t seem like he blamed the loss on the system. He even said it’s hard to come back against it which is actually a compliment even if he’s not a fan of the system. Seems like you just want to start an anti Zadorov thread?
Yeah, that seemed like a bit of a reach...

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
They are so boring it hurts

Have to give credit to the coach though, he's done a good job and won't be long until he's made permanent

Reactions: Devonator

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I don’t blame the Kings for doing this. However I don’t watch Kings games. It’s not even that I dont, it’s more so that I can’t because I end up on my phone or asleep. I’m already a go to bed early type of guy and they make it even easier.

They remind me of the Dave Tippett era Coyotes. They’ll win some games and make the playoffs and technically be a good team. However they won’t win anything because they aren’t talented enough offensively.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So McLellan played the 1-3-1. Now Hiller is playing the 1-3-1. The thing that would bother me as a Kings fan, is that the coach doesn’t really have a say? Why doesn’t Rob Blake just coach the team if hes mandating what the coach has to implement?

The thing I don’t really get, it’s not like Kings have to play this system. They have good players. They have better offensive players than some of the eastern media will give them credit for. Its puzzling to me. I think Blake sucks.

If a coach was implementing the 1-3-1 because they had no offensive talent, and they thought it was the best way to win, I understand it. But that’s not the Kings. Have some faith in your players.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How is what he said a loser mentality? He didn’t say they shouldn’t play it, he said it’s tough to come back on it. The thread title is a bad interpretation

Condescending comment about how they play after losing.

"...their goal is to not play hockey and not let the other team play hockey...'

I don't know the tone he said it in but comes off as whiny and excusing to me. The thread title is fine, 'Nux fans acting like the OP is twisting words like a tabloid are out to lunch.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Condescending comment about how they play after losing.

"...their goal is to not play hockey and not let the other team play hockey...'

I don't know the tone he said it in but comes off as whiny and excusing to me. The thread title is fine, 'Nux fans acting like the OP is twisting words like a tabloid are out to lunch.

Im pretty sure the overreactions to calling a system boring are what’s whiney. I don’t see how calling the system out for not being good hockey is a loser mentality when he was asked a question about it. LA got the bounces is exactly what happened that game.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Teams have figured out how to beat it and adjust during the games. Their failure to adjust during the game is on them.

When did Zadorov say different? The comment is pretty tame. Essentially he said they play a system that doesn’t allow for much freedom and they’re hard to come back on after being down 2 goals and the biggest difference in the game was the bounces. That’s all accurate

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad