Value of: Zadorov and/or Jost

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
NJ offers #18 plus CAR 3rd for 24 and Zadorov?
Or maybe 20 plus McCleod or Boqvist ?

I have wnanted Zadorov on the Devils ever since Hall was being shopped around and Col was rumoured to be interested.
Zadorov is exactly what the Devils need .They have zero physical D . None at all and are very soft and small for the most part.

Please Lord baby Jesus , help the Devils get Zadorov.
I think he is under-rated , people saying at best a top 4 pairing D ? Most likely bottom pairing ????
I’d say at best an “ok” #2 potential , likely #3 D ? He’s is a beast and I love watching him play.
He automatically become one of my favourite players if the Devils managed to get him .

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
How bout Zadorov to NYR For Lias Anderson. Rangers can add a pick in the middle rounds if Anderson isn’t enough
I’d puke if the Rangers got him . I love his game . First they get Laf 1st overall , luck into Kakko last year , sign the best UFA forward in years and then get one of my favourite D men that would crush us for years ....
Please no .

Reactions: Avaholic29

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How bout Zadorov to NYR For Lias Anderson. Rangers can add a pick in the middle rounds if Anderson isn’t enough
I don't think Anderson has the skating to play on this Colorado team. One of your other D prospects would be far more interesting (eg. Lundkvist, K'Andre, or Robertson). Alternatively I think Sakic would have an interest in Barron (+pick) given his connection to Matthew Stienburg who we drafted last year for character reasons.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

I have wnanted Zadorov on the Devils ever since Hall was being shopped around and Col was rumoured to be interested.
Zadorov is exactly what the Devils need .They have zero physical D . None at all and are very soft and small for the most part.

I think he is under-rated , people saying at best a top 4 pairing D ? Most likely bottom pairing ????
I’d say at best an “ok” #2 potential , likely #3 D ? He’s is a beast and I love watching him play.
He automatically become one of my favourite players if the Devils managed to get him .

Interesting ideas. Depending on who is still on the board at 18 or 20 I'd be tempted to trade up.

Alternatively you can throw us the 2021 NYI 2nd + 2020 CAR 3rd.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Most avs fans can probably agree that they need to make some room on the roster and these two guys are very possibly going to be gone in the off-season. Hoping you can help me understand what might be coming back.

Note that both are RFAs
Zadorov gets moved for a decent return. He had a nice playoffs and brings some needed physical play. Scored more goals in the bubble than Landeskog.

Jost isn’t worth much in trade. Better to sign him to a short term deal and let him play bottom six, which he’s decent at.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co

I would love #24 and Zadorov plus a B prospect (Sampo Ranta or Alex Beaucage) and/or a reclamation project like AJ Greer for #20 and Nolan Foote (to bring him back to Colorado), but I suspect the value on Foote is much higher than McCleod.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Zadorov is a tricky one to figure out on value. He's got a lot of attributes that teams would typically be lining up for...but he's also a very fringe #4ish/5 D, who is going to be looking at more of a bonafide Top-4D sort of a contract. That really complicates things, especially in a flat cap world. You'd have a long line of teams making offers on the particular skillset and value he brings to a blueline...but not at a potential $4M+ sort of price range.

Have to think that probably limits his trade market to more of the sorta..."rebuilding" type teams, looking for a guy to fill minutes and see what he can do in an expanded role. With the cap space, and icetime available to run the experiment, without a lot really riding on it.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Zadorov is a tricky one to figure out on value. He's got a lot of attributes that teams would typically be lining up for...but he's also a very fringe #4ish/5 D, who is going to be looking at more of a bonafide Top-4D sort of a contract. That really complicates things, especially in a flat cap world. You'd have a long line of teams making offers on the particular skillset and value he brings to a blueline...but not at a potential $4M+ sort of price range.

Have to think that probably limits his trade market to more of the sorta..."rebuilding" type teams, looking for a guy to fill minutes and see what he can do in an expanded role. With the cap space, and icetime available to run the experiment, without a lot really riding on it.
Why do people keep talking about $4m+ for Zadorov? He's not getting that money.

He has 2 more years of team control since hes 's only 25 years old and only has 5 seasons of 40+ games. So a team can acquire him and simply QO him at $3.2m x 1 year, and then have him as an RFA again in 2021. In fact that is probably the most sensible thing to do as it not only keeps his caphit down this year, but also makes him less appealing for Seattle to pick if he's exposed because they're only allowed to pick maximum 10 RFA's (ie. 20 players they select have to be under contract for 2021/22) and there are bound to be 10 more attractive RFA's for Seattle to pick than him.

Zadorov at $3.2m x 1 year and RFA again is not a bad contract at all for a guy who is more than a typical 4/5D and brings a unique level of physicality.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs could use both Zadorov and Jost but I'm not really sure how that would happen. It would have to include Johnsson/Kerfoot and Dermott going the other way. I'd be happy just getting Zadorov tbh. The only punishing dman we have is Muzzin.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Leafs could use both Zadorov and Jost but I'm not really sure how that would happen. It would have to include Johnsson/Kerfoot and Dermott going the other way. I'd be happy just getting Zadorov tbh. The only punishing dman we have is Muzzin.
embedded_puke-fanny-pack.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad