Value of: Zadorov and/or Jost

outoftune

Nov 16, 2011
1000 Chopper Circle
Most avs fans can probably agree that they need to make some room on the roster and these two guys are very possibly going to be gone in the off-season. Hoping you can help me understand what might be coming back.

Note that both are RFAs

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If Jost is moved, it’s likely for another player who’s fallen out of favor with a different organization that has some potential.

Zads is likely moved for a pick, or 2, or he’s a swap for an equivalent player in a different position.

Reactions: McJedi

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
I feel Zadorov would be a great fit in Florida. He loves the area. Could be a match made in heaven. On his best day he is a solid top 4 d-man. On his worst day he is a decent bottom pairing guy. Big hitter and great guy to have in the locker room. To me, he's worth a 2nd or a hockey trade for another depth D-man or middle 6 winger.

Jost needs a shot. His problem is that he was brought onto the team too soon and then his slow development was hurt further when the Avs progressed so quickly. If there is a team that needs a decent/cheap 4th line center, he's your guy. He has also show some promise on the penalty kill. He's worth a 3rd or similarly valued player in need of new scenery.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’d love Zadorov in Winnipeg.
What’s Colorado’s needs?
Would Zadorov for Logan Stanley work?

You realize he just coming off a 3.2 million cap hit and will want a raise right? That’s a lot of money for what he brings to the ice.

Reactions: Merrrlin

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You realize he just coming off a 3.2 million cap hit and will want a raise right? That’s a lot of money for what he brings to the ice.

Maybe? It isn’t like he had a monster year statistically that would earn him much of a raise. Another year at <$3.5 sounds about right.

Whether that’s worth it to a team is up to individual situation. He’s a roster defenseman that could be had in trade without giving up a roster player. That might make his cap hit a little easier to deal with.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Zadorov would have some value. Perhaps like a 2nd and a third. Or maybe 24 + Zadorov to move up 6-8 spots.

Jost likely has little value. He’ll never be a big top 6 producer.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What happened to Jost? His offensive upside didn't seem to translate to pro hockey (even his numbers in the AHL are underwhelming).

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
What happened to Jost? His offensive upside didn't seem to translate to pro hockey (even his numbers in the AHL are underwhelming).

The kid also just turned 22 after the regular season paused, and gets mostly 4th line minutes. Hard to expect him to be a finished product at that age with that usage.

And, he has only played in 13 AHL games, scoring 7 points.

Reactions: teddygmr

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I really like the Jost for Tierney proposal that was thrown out by that one Sens fan a few months back.
Tierney aligns more with Colorado’s win now window while Jost fits Ottawa’s youth movement.
I also know that Ottawa held Jost in high regard in 2016.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
If Jost is moved, it’s likely for another player who’s fallen out of favor with a different organization that has some potential.

Zads is likely moved for a pick, or 2, or he’s a swap for an equivalent player in a different position.

If they're traded for other players, how does that make room in the lineup?

Jost is a perfectly serviceable bottom 6 player. He can stay. I'd prefer Zadorov stay and Girard moved to give Byram a spot, cause Byram can fill in for Girard's style of play and role better than he can Zadorov's. Plus, being a cap league, and Girard making more than Z,opens up cap room as well. I'd do Girard(and maybe a plus) for the right scoring winger.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oh good, you're here. Scrolling down this page and not seeing your name at the top I was getting really worried that something had happened to you or that your Jost and Zadorov pagers had malfunctioned
I saw the bat signal and responded to a Zadorov + Jost thread.

Also, everyone in HFBoards has to do a shot!!

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If they're traded for other players, how does that make room in the lineup?

Jost is a perfectly serviceable bottom 6 player. He can stay. I'd prefer Zadorov stay and Girard moved to give Byram a spot, cause Byram can fill in for Girard's style of play and role better than he can Zadorov's. Plus, being a cap league, and Girard making more than Z,opens up cap room as well. I'd do Girard(and maybe a plus) for the right scoring winger.
You're out of your mind if you would move Girard instead of Zadorov. Girard is literally the only Dman in the entire league with over 50% zone exit possession % and is our top shutdown Dman (don't let his size fool you). Not to mention that he's signed to one of the best contracts in the league for the next 7 years.

Reactions: DallasGaume

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The underrating of Zadorov will continue.
Some team will get a hell of a player for very cheap (but not as cheap as people on hfboards are giving him away for)...
I'd very much rather trade Graves than Zadorov personally.

I'd also rather keep Jost for another year than ship him off for junk like a 3rd round pick...
He won't cost much and is a decent bottom 6 option for now with still some upside...
Odds are that both Nieto and Namestnikov will move on and we always have injuries so I don't see the need to get rid off him. Especially if the return is as bad as people believe...

Reactions: Newusername

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad