Value of: Zadorov and/or Jost

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I’d take a 2nd rounder this year straight up for Zad.

I feel like Jost being a recent 1st rounder gets traded for a player rather than a pick to cover tracks a bit.

But this will be a weird offseason!

What does give me hope is Sakic got a decent return for a player I wasn’t sure was worth qualifying last year in Kerfoot.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As a jets fan I'd take jost off your hands. With little down, our centre depth is poop. I'd even give him a shot at 2C, if he doesnt pan out then he can play in the bottom six. Provided the price was right, of course.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If they're traded for other players, how does that make room in the lineup?

Jost is a perfectly serviceable bottom 6 player. He can stay. I'd prefer Zadorov stay and Girard moved to give Byram a spot, cause Byram can fill in for Girard's style of play and role better than he can Zadorov's. Plus, being a cap league, and Girard making more than Z,opens up cap room as well. I'd do Girard(and maybe a plus) for the right scoring winger.
Yeah, that’s not going to happen. The Avs are not trading Girard. And they’re certainly not picking Girard over Zadorov.

Byram doesnt need space created for him. First, we don’t know if he’ll be on the team. And if he is, he can go slowly on the 3rd and move his way up to the top 4 as he progresses.

trade a good top 4 defense, locked up long term, for a winger , the least valuable position.

after typing all this, i realize you’re probably not being serious, or at least I hope.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Johnsson + Bracco + 2nd
No thanks. Bracco has zero value and Johnsson holds about as much as Jost given his injury status and poor play last season. If TML ever want to get value out of Johnsson, will need to be near the next deadline assuming he’s healthy and actually playing well at that time.

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The underrating of Zadorov will continue.
Some team will get a hell of a player for very cheap (but not as cheap as people on hfboards are giving him away for)...
I'd very much rather trade Graves than Zadorov personally.

I'd also rather keep Jost for another year than ship him off for junk like a 3rd round pick...
He won't cost much and is a decent bottom 6 option for now with still some upside...
Odds are that both Nieto and Namestnikov will move on and we always have injuries so I don't see the need to get rid off him. Especially if the return is as bad as people believe...
The writing is on the wall for him. And it’s his own fault. He’s terribly inconsistent.

and he’s soon to be a very expensive bottom pairing dman for the Avs.

If the salaries were reversed between Zadorov and Graves, the convo would be different. But at this point, it is what it is.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I’d take a 2nd rounder this year straight up for Zad.

I feel like Jost being a recent 1st rounder gets traded for a player rather than a pick to cover tracks a bit.

But this will be a weird offseason!

What does give me hope is Sakic got a decent return for a player I wasn’t sure was worth qualifying last year in Kerfoot.

From LA’s perspective, I’d be very OK with one of our later 2nd rounders for Zadorov. Guy brings a physical edge that LA’s blue-line lacks right now. Maybe he can become a more consistent player as well.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
From LA’s perspective, I’d be very OK with one of our later 2nd rounders for Zadorov. Guy brings a physical edge that LA’s blue-line lacks right now. Maybe he can become a more consistent player as well.
I would put a condition if I'm Sakic that Zads can't be dressed against the Avs in the regular season. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Richard88

kb

Aug 28, 2009
As a jets fan I'd take jost off your hands. With little down, our centre depth is poop. I'd even give him a shot at 2C, if he doesnt pan out then he can play in the bottom six. Provided the price was right, of course.
Petan v2.0

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
This thread is comical. Avs fans have been trying to ship Zadorov and Jost to the Habs asking for Danault and or Petry and all that is being offered are 2nd and 3rd round picks :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Jets buttsoft defense could use a Zadorov, and I think having him on our team would save Scheif from a bunch of headtrauma.
Zad with Pionk should work well, and then ease Samberg into the third pair with someone, hopefully Niku.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
This thread is comical. Avs fans have been trying to ship Zadorov and Jost to the Habs asking for Danault and or Petry and all that is being offered are 2nd and 3rd round picks :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You mean like when habs fans tried to trade ryder, halak and a 2nd for everyone in the league?

this is what happens when fans know players have one foot out the door. Try to exchange spare parts for needed pieces.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You mean like when habs fans tried to trade ryder, halak and a 2nd for everyone in the league?

this is what happens when fans know players have one foot out the door. Try to exchange spare parts for needed pieces.
Hey at least Ryder was a decent goal scorer and Halak was also a decent goalie and that 2nd ended up being PK Subban :laugh:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
One thing with Zadorov is while he is frustrating in the regular season he really stepped up in the playoffs two years in a row. personally, I'd much rather hang on onto him than the freelancing Graves.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
One thing with Zadorov is while he is frustrating in the regular season he really stepped up in the playoffs two years in a row. personally, I'd much rather hang on onto him than the freelancing Graves.

Each player has their benefits.
  • Graves. Cheaper, plays well with Makar and less prone to mistakes;
  • Zadorov. Plays better with more minutes, higher upside and occasionally dominate.
Sakic should offer both players and move based on the higher return.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Each player has their benefits.
  • Graves. Cheaper, plays well with Makar and less prone to mistakes;
  • Zadorov. Plays better with more minutes, higher upside and occasionally dominate.
Sakic should offer both players and move based on the higher return.

No, he most certainly does not. He leeches off of him and holds him back with his freelancing. I'm sick to death watching Makar hang back because Graves decided to go play as a rover back in the day. And as for the less prone to mistakes part, dude makes plenty of them.

Reactions: missionAvs

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Zadorov would have some value. Perhaps like a 2nd and a third. Or maybe 24 + Zadorov to move up 6-8 spots.

Jost likely has little value. He’ll never be a big top 6 producer.
Zadorov and Jost and #24 to Edmonton for 14, Russel, and a decent prospect that Edmonton fans overrate but is completely expendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad