Zadorov’s hit on Kotkaniemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
You see similar hits all the time in the NHL. Unfortunate result, and the injury is the only reason why there is even a thread on this.
No penalty at the time of the hit. No hearing from the NHL. Yet here we are 20 pages in.

People can not like Zadorov all they want. He’s never been suspended his whole career. In reality he’s just an enforcer. But not the scrub Reaves/Lucic types. Z can actually play passable hockey. He’s just a rare breed in the NHL. Happy he’s on the Avs.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Im not insinuating ****, I said I don't give a damn why or how it happened, the problem is that it happened.

52.1Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent's feet from under him, or pushes an opponent's upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent's feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
What he did is against the rule book, the DOPS just missed it pretty hard.

Malicious intent can be a lot of things, if youve ever played sports at a competitive level you'd know that you don't necessarily need a history with other opponents to be malicious. I am mostly speaking from experience, think of me as reformed.

OT but the open ice hit is really nice, but a player should be aware of the player he's hitting, IMO. In that case, he should've been aware that Scheifele was receiving a pass and looking the other way.
He didn’t knock his feet from under him. 21 pages and no one can post of frame of where he is knocking out his feet. If you think any leg contact make a hit illegal idk what to tell you other then pay attention to hits that don’t result in injury more.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He didn’t knock his feet from under him. 21 pages and no one can post of frame of where he is knocking out his feet. If you think any leg contact make a hit illegal idk what to tell you other then pay attention to hits that don’t result in injury more.
Did you see how Kotkaniemi fell? And why do you think he fell in that manner?

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Did you see how Kotkaniemi fell? And why do you think he fell in that manner?

Their feet did collide, but it wasn't a slew foot. Just a part of the hit. Same kind of hits happen in every game. Unfortunately Kotkaniemi fell awkwardly and got hurt.

No penalty, no suspension. End of discussion.

Reactions: LokiDog

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Their feet did collide, but it wasn't a slew foot. Just a part of the hit. Same kind of hits happen in every game. Unfortunately Kotkaniemi fell awkwardly and got hurt.

No penalty, no suspension. End of discussion.

Or maybe, just maybe, Georges Parros is an idiot, who didn’t bother doing a proper investigation. Considering he gives more games for spitting than a head shot, I’m going with, he’s an idiot.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Or maybe, just maybe, Georges Parros is an idiot, who didn’t bother doing a proper investigation. Considering he gives more games for spitting than a head shot, I’m going with, he’s an idiot.

Or maybe, just maybe, there was nothing to suspend for.

Parros might be an idiot, or not. I'm going with, he's certainly not more of an idiot than random Hfboards posters (me included). :)

Reactions: Foppberg

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
If Zadorov had enough power in his legs to flip a guy around with a light lift of his knee, he's be the fastest guy in the league.

I'm over 200 pounds, but that "light lift of knee" would send me flying like a drunken bird.

The guy who was responsible for watching the video is probably already *kicked* out tho. It shouldn't be HF board job to watch the slow motion replays and figure out what happened.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
I'm over 200 pounds, but that "light lift of knee" would send me flying like a drunken bird.

The guy who was responsible for watching the video is probably already *kicked* out tho. It shouldn't be HF board job to watch the slow motion replays and figure out what happened.
Im over 200 pounds to, it wouldnt move me. Maybe you need better balance...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't see that as quite intentional, seem more like lifting his right leg to get better leverage against the boards and Kotkaniemi's legs just happened to be in a position to cause that. I would imagine Zadorov knew he had the size advantage when going for the hit so kicking him would have made no sense. To me that comes off as just really bad luck.

HockeyIsCool

Sep 15, 2018
I almost fell for it browsing through this thread. Luckily I remembered this is HF boards and just want to say some of you are getting trolled hard. No one actually thinks this is a dirty hit and if they do they're probably a 12 year old or have some serious, deep-seated issues they need to deal with.

In term of the REASON some of these kids think it's funny to troll on this topic it's because it's a Habs player who got hurt. Unfortunately Kotkaniemi isn't good enough to justify this level of interest on an unfortunate break. If this was McDavid or something I could at least understand how people were so blinded by bias to resort to their trolls.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Fastest slewfooter in the Wild Wild West. Even in that 0.5 second clip, his skate is already back on the ice.

His skate was off the ice for about 0.2 seconds. Clearly premeditated murder by slewfoot. :sarcasm:

penalty reviver

Dec 25, 2005
A lot of things can happen in 0.2 seconds, if you wan't to speculate blindly, and not see the video.

edit: kind of reminds of Cooke jumping on Karlsson's heel... surely he was too slow, or dumb to have done it on purpose. :)

Reactions: abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad