Confirmed with Link: Zadina signs 3 year extension (1.825 AAV)

Oct 18, 2006
Goes from bad to worse.

The guy has no luck. It’s just not happening for him.

Maybe the time away will help him to clear his head. The guy looks fried.

Reactions: lilidk

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
His timing always sucks, worst time to get injured though you can't blame him for blocking a shot. He did what he was supposed to do.

Will be interesting to see who they call up.

When are the injured players scheduled back?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So Sundqvist could be back today or next one.

Thanks
They have provided very little info on Sunny aside from day to day.

They didn't even call anyone up initially, Luff could have gotten a at least an extra day of practice if they had. Not that it matters too much.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Call up Berggren for f***s sake! Czarnik and Luff should not see this roster before him.
Crap, they called up Czarnik? Guess I was right when I said they would call up a warm body.

Ugh, 50/50 chance that Oesterle winds up playing forward.... Czarnik is small, doesn't fit Fester's game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
:laugh:

These days people will convince themselves of anything with 0 information and plenty of free time.
There's your "0 information" BTW. Fester has Berggy below Czarnik in the depth chart. Oddly Czarnik is even smaller, but he does have 142 games of NHL experience.

Berggy needs to step it up next preseason. Fester was obviously not impressed.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There's your "0 information" BTW. Fester has Berggy below Czarnik in the depth chart. Oddly Czarnik is even smaller, but he does have 142 games of NHL experience.

Berggy needs to step it up next preseason. Fester was obviously not impressed.
Czarnik is smaller than Berggren. He also has 10 points in 8 games so far, it's not like they're calling up a .5 ppg ahler with some sandpaper.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Czarnik is smaller than Berggren. He also has 10 points in 8 games so far, it's not like they're calling up a .5 ppg ahler with some sandpaper.
He's also 29 years old, and has trouble scoring at the NHL level. We know what Czarnik is, a tweener at best. A PPG AHLer that struggles against bigger opponents. If Berggy can't beat that then he's staying in GR.

The point is, we now know for sure where Fester has Berggy ranked.... below both Luff and Czarnik.

As for sandpaper, he was also ranked above Berggy but sucked. He was like someone used dry sandpaper in a wet application and all the grit just fell off, lol. I don't see Givani getting called up again.

Reactions: Sentinel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Am I the only one who heard Mick say during yesterday’s broadcast that Zadina is out 16 weeks, I think during intermission? He may have said 6-8, but I swear I heard 16. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe I was drunk.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Am I the only one who heard Mick say during yesterday’s broadcast that Zadina is out 16 weeks, I think during intermission? He may have said 6-8, but I swear I heard 16. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe I was drunk.

I heard it was kind equal with Bertuzzi injury.

So 6-8 weeks like Tuzzi.

That would be weird to inform "16 weeks", they usually are counting months (~4 months) already with that long period.

Reactions: jaster

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I've seen 6-8 weeks for Zadina online so that seems right, didn't hear Micky say anything during/post broadcast though.

Hopefull Bert is back within the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: SoupNazi

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Just feels like Svechnikov 2.0.

Everything is happening for him.

- Off-season injury at 2019
- Bad corona
- current injury

Svech had serious injuries. The kind that rob you of physical ability, long-term.
Good start for Svech. 2-3-5 in 11 games at 11+ minutes a night.

I think the Red Wings don't believe in Berggren much. He's smaller. He's definitely a perimeter guy. Raymond is a bit stockier, has a bit more power in his skates and the fearlessness to get to scoring areas.
Still, I do think Berggren would outproduce what Zadina has done over the last 2 seasons and I'd like to see him get the opportunity to try in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad