Confirmed with Link: Zadina signs 3 year extension (1.825 AAV)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Once again, talking about me instead of my point.

Are you saying Fester doesn't prefer bigger physical players? All indications are that he does. Berggy is neither big or physical and has defensive issues. That is why he's in GR right now.

Also, he was less than impressive in preseason.

In any case, your posts are just pure garbage trolling with no actual insight.
I'm saying I think saying something like "I'm not sure Berggy will ever get a fair chance with Lalonde, I think he's commited to Elmer" is ridiculous, as he's been the coach of the team for months, has spent a couple weeks with Berggren, and the choice between Elmer and Jonatan isn't binary. So you can say "THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!" and that's well and good, but it's a very premature and based on your own bias rather than real information.

You are a lot closer as to why Lalonde doesn't trust Berggren at the NHL level and why you perceive him as "preferring big players" with the bolded. It's not because he's a pip squeak and Elmer is big.

I don't think Derek Lalonde watched Brayden Point play and say "Nah, this guy doesn't do it for me, too small"

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm saying I think saying something like "I'm not sure Berggy will ever get a fair chance with Lalonde, I think he's commited to Elmer" is ridiculous, as he's been the coach of the team for months, has spent a couple weeks with Berggren, and the choice between Elmer and Jonatan isn't binary. So you can say "THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!" and that's well and good, but it's a very premature and based on your own bias rather than real information.

You are a lot closer as to why Lalonde doesn't trust Berggren at the NHL level and why you perceive him as "preferring big players" with the bolded. It's not because he's a pip squeak and Elmer is big.

I don't think Derek Lalonde watched Brayden Point play and say "Nah, this guy doesn't do it for me, too small"
LOL.

He obviously has a lot more control over the roster as a head coach than an assistant. You haven't noticed that he stresses a much more physical game than Coop? Part of that is the obvious difference in talent level, but it's also a coaching style.

Comparing Berggy to Point is asinine and not worth a response.

Edit: I want to point out that someone here said the same damn thing when I said Yerman was gonna revamp the NA scouts after the first draft because of the players selected (almost all Euros). I was told I was reading something into nothing,. Maybe I'm really good at it, lol.

Edit: And the best part is when my prediction comes true, everyone will say... well that was obvious, lol.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You are smart

We are dumb

All hail Buttkrak
Garbage trolling as usual.

Just because you aren't paying attention to details doesn't mean there's "0 information".

Fester has everyone throwing checks including Zadina and Lindstrom. WATCH THE GAMES.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Garbage trolling as usual.

Just because you aren't paying attention to details doesn't mean there's "0 information".

Fester has everyone throwing checks including Zadina and Lindstrom. WATCH THE GAMES.
One day you'll all tell me that my garbage trolling was correct the whole time. Everyone will say how obvious it was.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
One day you'll all tell me that my garbage trolling was correct the whole time. Everyone will say how obvious it was.
Doubtful, lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if Berggy gets packaged in a trade. If Maatta gets re-signed, then at least one of the LHD prospects are expendable too.

Either way, we find out next season because Berggy has to go through waivers.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Zadina scores when we stop mentioning him on the boards. How about we see if that works 🥳🥳
We have no impact on the game. I'm sure the Wings have someone in the marketing dept or somewhere that cruises around hockey forums, but they still haven't fired the 12 year old kid that designs the reverse retro jersey. At least they don't look like pajamas this time around.

I still have 10% hope for Zadina. I think he'll be useful when Vrana comes back for 2 reasons:
- Vrana will need emotional support and the 2 seem to get along, on and off the ice.
- It's typical for coaches to ease players back into the game after a long layoff, so there's a good chance Vrana starts out on the 3rd or even 4th line when he returns. A line of Zadina-Suter/Veleno-Vrana would be pretty damn good for a bottom 6 line. Zadina plays well with Vrana, it's his best attribute.

If Zadina can help Vrana, then the contract might be worth the money. I really think Vrana is the only one that can salvage Zadina's career. We'll see.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No, Berggren is in the AHL because he's been hurt to start the year and is still coming back from it. Tanya can like oversized NHL players all he wants, but a coach worth their shit isn't going to shoot themselves in the dick and not play the best players. That doesn't happen.

Jonatan Berggren still has things to learn at the AHL level and the Wings don't gain anything by forcing him onto a ludicrously depleted roster while he himself is struggling to come back from injury.

Soderblom got a chance because he was damn impressive in the pre-season.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
8 games played 0 points and we're paying this guy $1,825,000 for the next 3 years.

The sample size we're talking about here is the size of my schwanzstucker. That is to say, it's too damn small.

I hate when people put stupid meaningless time brackets around things like they prove a damn thing. Zadina needs to score, to be sure, but honestly, how many times did Henrik Zetterberg go on a 20 something game goal scoring drought? More than once and that's a hall of fame guy. Zadina doesn't get endless opportunity, but just like Dominik Kubalik isn't going to keep up over a point a game pace, Zadina isn't going to be scoreless forever... especially since he's doing most everything else right.

• Haha
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No, Berggren is in the AHL because he's been hurt to start the year and is still coming back from it. Tanya can like oversized NHL players all he wants, but a coach worth their shit isn't going to shoot themselves in the dick and not play the best players. That doesn't happen.

Jonatan Berggren still has things to learn at the AHL level and the Wings don't gain anything by forcing him onto a ludicrously depleted roster while he himself is struggling to come back from injury.

Soderblom got a chance because he was damn impressive in the pre-season.
He was sent down for the opposite reason why Elmer made the team. Berggy was less than impressive in preseason. The fact that he's small, not physical, and not a good defensive player all works against him. The coach decides who "the best players" are. That is why Vrana got traded.

Not really worth arguing about because we'll find out next season what happens. A lot depends on which players re-sign.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The sample size we're talking about here is the size of my schwanzstucker. That is to say, it's too damn small.

I hate when people put stupid meaningless time brackets around things like they prove a damn thing. Zadina needs to score, to be sure, but honestly, how many times did Henrik Zetterberg go on a 20 something game goal scoring drought? More than once and that's a hall of fame guy. Zadina doesn't get endless opportunity, but just like Dominik Kubalik isn't going to keep up over a point a game pace, Zadina isn't going to be scoreless forever... especially since he's doing most everything else right.
Come on, We all know what Filip Zadina is. he's put up 61 points in 168 career NHL games. Let's face it he's a bust and not living up to where he was drafted. We drafted him 6th overall to fill up our opponents nets. And he's yet to do it.

His value is at an all time low, We draft him 6th overall and we'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him right now.

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
him and his contract are fine for the position he is suppose to play which is third liner. the average 3rd line guy probably gets 10-15 over the year. i expect that from him, i just wish he brought more to the table. like being a PKer or use his body more. very one dimensional

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

is this a serious take? i cant tell if its pure sarcastic joke or real?
hoping its fake because its a relatively poor take.
you cant even think about comparing a Hank drought to a Zadina drought.
Majority of the time, even if he had one that long, he was probably playing with a back that no one should play with.. versus, what's Zadina's excuse?

i just dont get this one.

Reactions: MBH

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Different positions aren't quite comparable. Lindstrom is paid and plays like a 7th D. I would rather see him than Oesterle, so he's earning his pay. At the same time I'd like to see him replaced, and that may happen when Pysyk recovers.

Goalies.... well you can't live with them and you can't live without them, lol.

Zadina's contract is stupid regardless. His only hope at this point is that Vrana comes back and they find magic together. could happen, but I give it less than 10% chance (which is why I said 90% possibility of bust, and not 100%)
It is only 10 games so things can change, but I kind of doubt we will see Zadina, Nedeljkovic and Lindstrom in the NHL next season.
You give Zadina a much better chance to turn his game around. I give him 1%. I don't see anything good about him. I also doubt Vrana can help his game.
If we waived Zadina to send him to GR do you think he would get claimed given his cap hit and "production"?
I think Yzerman can trade him for another struggling player. I think Yzerman will wait 20/40 games and then make up his mind about him. He does not hurt the team.
Zadina scores when we stop mentioning him on the boards. How about we see if that works 🥳🥳
The only way he can score is if someone pulls a datsyuk and scores off of his Zadina.

I understand the frustration about Zadina. If he was considered a top 3 then you expect a franchise or at least a star player. Now we hope he can become Tatar or Nyquist. And even that looks very doubtful.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

8th lowest 5 on 5 scoring of like 300 NHL forwards since the start of last season.
That's not a "sample size" error LSC.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It is only 10 games so things can change, but I kind of doubt we will see Zadina, Nedeljkovic and Lindstrom in the NHL next season.
You give Zadina a much better chance to turn his game around. I give him 1%. I don't see anything good about him. I also doubt Vrana can help his game.
OK you win. You're even more negative than I am lol.

Seriously though, Zadina has always looked good with Vrana, Ned is a better backup than most team have, and Lindstrom is basically an AHL player capable of playing in the NHL, and certainly is better than Oesterle. I'd bet they are all at least on a NHL roster at some point next season, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they will play.

Regardless, it's all garbage Stevie needs to get rid of to make this a playoff team, and I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
OK you win. You're even more negative than I am lol.

Seriously though, Zadina has always looked good with Vrana, Ned is a better backup than most team have, and Lindstrom is basically an AHL player capable of playing in the NHL, and certainly is better than Oesterle. I'd bet they are all at least on a NHL roster at some point next season, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they will play.

Regardless, it's all garbage Stevie needs to get rid of to make this a playoff team, and I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.
The things can change and all 3 of them can improve. I just think the chances are very slim.

Though Zadina had a very impressive play last game vs caps entering the zone.

Last edited:

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
We have no impact on the game. I'm sure the Wings have someone in the marketing dept or somewhere that cruises around hockey forums, but they still haven't fired the 12 year old kid that designs the reverse retro jersey. At least they don't look like pajamas this time around.

I still have 10% hope for Zadina. I think he'll be useful when Vrana comes back for 2 reasons:
- Vrana will need emotional support and the 2 seem to get along, on and off the ice.
- It's typical for coaches to ease players back into the game after a long layoff, so there's a good chance Vrana starts out on the 3rd or even 4th line when he returns. A line of Zadina-Suter/Veleno-Vrana would be pretty damn good for a bottom 6 line. Zadina plays well with Vrana, it's his best attribute.

If Zadina can help Vrana, then the contract might be worth the money. I really think Vrana is the only one that can salvage Zadina's career:help:. We'll see.
No wonder you spat w majority of people on here.

As they say, “No sh*t sherlock.”

Of course we don’t have an impact on the game.

Wow - this one really flew over your head at 300mph.

Yikes!!!

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Zadina needs to be loaded into the trebuchet and fired off into space.

I have no problem with his ability as it is right now nor his salary. Neither of those things hurt us anymore than I have with Erne or Suter. What I take exception with Zadina, or did because Lalonde doesn’t seem to be doing it, was all of the sweet opportunities we kept giving him in the Top 6 or on the second PP that quite frankly should go to other guys.

Zadina is a depth, bottom six winger with little to no offensive upside and some better than average skill and skating, he brings very little physicality to the table despite throwing his body, and I question his on the ice awareness and processing. He’s fine if we park him in the press box and use his depth but it’s this weird slavish devotion to “he’s good! We just need him to have more opportunities and confidence!” Or “he just needs a star player line mate to boost him up”. Get out of here. Like we are stuck in his pre draft profile and his projected ceiling. He’s proven to be none of that, and it’s obvious why so many teams passed on him and Wright got a lemon.

Time to move on, get Berg up here and let’s see what we got with him because we know what Zadina is at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad