Confirmed with Link: Zadina signs 3 year extension (1.825 AAV)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Absolutely nothing to complain about with this one. If he magically starts scoring could end up a steal. If not... doesn't hurt the overall number very much at all.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
$1.8M per? I dunno about this one. If he ain't scoring (which he doesn't) he doesn't do much else...

Bertuzzi will not get extended.
Kakko got 2 x $2,100,000 and Zadina has 3 more points in fewer games then him. So it's a fair offer.

And maybe Yzerman doesn't extend Bertuzzi. Even though he said that extending both Bertuzzi and Larkin were his main priorities.

Reactions: wings95

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Could be an absolute steal if this new staff/system can un-lock him.

Zero Risk... High Reward

Especially since Blash is gone
Why does he need to be "un-locked"? We gave him this contract for what he could be not what he is. If he looks like he did last year he probably won't finish it with us. This is his absolute make it or break it season and will tell his career trajectory going forward. I'm not expecting much.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Why does he need to be "un-locked"? We gave him this contract for what he could be not what he is. If he looks like he did last year he probably won't finish it with us. This is his absolute make it or break it season and will tell his career trajectory going forward. I'm not expecting much.
Because Blashill basically destroyed his confidence.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid deal. Great term for the money. Hopefully he can finally find his footing and have a good season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's been disapointing so far but I think he can make up some ground here... I hope he stays in Detroit but I'm all for the JP swap suggested above. JP is 24 and has 98 points in his career. I think Zadina can catch that in 2 years... Mind you, I'm liking the Czech colony in Detroit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad