Rumor: Zadina on the Market?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Why on earth does anyone want Debrusk? He is older and no better than Zadina. All Debrusk would do is become the replacement player for everyone to complain about. That and he makes 3.675 which is nearly 3 times what Zadina is getting paid.
All things considered I do believe DeBrusk is the better player right now. Ignoring all else.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
He has twice as many goals in fewer games and is a better skater.

He also drives the puck to the net better and plays better in the dirty areas close to the goal.

Zadina seems to need time and space to do anything.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Makes 4x what Zadina does.
Is 3 years Older than Zadina.
His agent is openly demanding a trade.
Possibly won’t be qualified by Boston after this season
Which are all solid reasons why they might be shopping DeBrusk but in no way explain why they'd settle for Zadina in a 1-for-1 trade. They could do better.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Couple reasons why I don't believe Zadina on the market.
1. Yzerman doesn't leaks
2. Zadina is improving .
3. If you shop him keep him on the first line.
4 only 22 and we new from his draft day that physically he was just average, means, it will take longer to develop

Reactions: SirloinUB

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Couple reasons why I don't believe Zadina on the market.
1. Yzerman doesn't leaks
2. Zadina is improving .
3. If you shop him keep him on the first line.
4 only 22 and we new from his draft day that physically he was just average, means, it will take longer to develop

Physically "only average" means Zadina needs to learn how to compensate in other ways. Zetterberg was "only average" physically but he compensated by being one of the best puck protectors in the league. When it was on his stick it was a fight to get it away from him. The problem with Zadina only being average is that aspect of his game hasn't improved in 4 years in the organization. He's not any faster, he's not any stronger, and seems even more averse to contact than he did in his first couple of seasons. The guy plays socially distanced hockey.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Physically "only average" means Zadina needs to learn how to compensate in other ways. Zetterberg was "only average" physically but he compensated by being one of the best puck protectors in the league. When it was on his stick it was a fight to get it away from him. The problem with Zadina only being average is that aspect of his game hasn't improved in 4 years in the organization. He's not any faster, he's not any stronger, and seems even more averse to contact than he did in his first couple of seasons. The guy plays socially distanced hockey.
I only can watch weekends and like yesterday, he is not bad , he just cannot score, probably mental problems. Zadina actually through some hits yesterday, braked some attacks . I don't understand why not use him on pk, he did it in juniors. He is been under Blashil for so long

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zadina could be easily replaced by Bergreen or Soderblom and if he can bring solid LD , then why not , just we should not rush him out

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Stealing my line? I said that about Cholol.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
What about Pavel Zacha as a trade option for Zadina? He is a potential 2 C and a big body we need in that role.

Reactions: Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What about Pavel Zacha as a trade option for Zadina? He is a potential 2 C and a big body we need in that role.

I might not mind that, I thought he looked pretty good last year for a stretch there. I haven't seen him too much this year. Could almost consider Strome for similar reasons. Seems like the type of trade Chicago likes to do, too.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I'd be intrigued by this. I don't know much about Zacha other than he played 2nd/3rd line W a lot the last 2 seasons. 13-14 minutes a night for much of the last month. Is he in the doghouse? How is he defensively?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd be intrigued by this. I don't know much about Zacha other than he played 2nd/3rd line W a lot the last 2 seasons. 13-14 minutes a night for much of the last month. Is he in the doghouse? How is he defensively?

He played some center while Hughes/Hischier have been hurt and has looked pretty good doing so, at least last year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You do not want Zacha anywhere near the middle of the ice. It's REAL bad

You have to understand when it comes to centers, the Wings are in a real beggars and choosers scenario. And considering how infrequently a great #2 C, let alone a good one, just falls into your lap, people are shaking every tree to see if it yields fruit.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You have to understand when it comes to centers, the Wings are in a real beggars and choosers scenario. And considering how infrequently a great #2 C, let alone a good one, just falls into your lap, people are shaking every tree to see if it yields fruit.

lol Zacha at center is like the forward version of Risto

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That bad? I thought coming up he looked fine at center.

He was one of the worst defensive forwards in the league, he drove no offense, and he didn’t produce. I bet he’s somewhat better now but I don’t even feel all that comfortable throwing him in there in a pinch and definitely not as a regular. He’s a perfectly passable winger who just exists and doesn’t really make things better or worse and is a guy who you can throw on PP2. Once upon a time he was an elite PKer and I wish we’d put him back there. In the middle though he’s a complete black hole. Maybe a guy like Vrana could help prop him up and make him passable but I wouldn’t bet on center Zacha

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
He was one of the worst defensive forwards in the league, he drove no offense, and he didn’t produce. I bet he’s somewhat better now but I don’t even feel all that comfortable throwing him in there in a pinch and definitely not as a regular. He’s a perfectly passable winger who just exists and doesn’t really make things better or worse and is a guy who you can throw on PP2. Once upon a time he was an elite PKer and I wish we’d put him back there. In the middle though he’s a complete black hole. Maybe a guy like Vrana could help prop him up and make him passable but I wouldn’t bet on center Zacha

Maybe he could regain that PK attitude with a player like Bertuzzi. I was actualy thinking that combination would be better than him and Vrana. Also, if he were on a wing, Zacha, Veleno, Bertuzzi may be a fun second line to watch, and Veleno and Zacha can swap at center.

That would make the third line Fabbri, Suter, Vrana.

bye bye Zadina.

Edit: put Suter at center, because he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad