Speculation: Zadina and Rasmussen are BOTH Busts!

For their draft spots are you happy with what you got out of them?

• Total voters

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Rasmussen is my guy now. Dudes always worked hard and it's finally coming together for him. He reminds me of an Andrew Copp. A big physical guy who can play anywhere in the lineup at any position. We've needed a powerforward like him for a while. Goes to show that patience with big guys can pay off.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Watching him is like replaying the same game over and over, lol.

He does indeed have chemistry with Vrana, I mentioned it before he came back that I'd like to see them together before I throw in the towel. The problem is that I don't think Vrana is good enough to carry Zadina on the second line, and he's also too good to be playing on the third line if that's where Zadina winds up.

You can't expect a player to score on every breakaway, at least it wasn't a Helm-like failure. Nice play by Zadina though, he seems motivated to get Vrana the puck which is good.

As for Raz, it's good that he's finally scoring those dirty goals, but we're still looking at a third liner at best. The only way he moves up is if he winds up being as strong as Tom Wilson.

They're both still young, but damn their progress is slow AF.
He seems happy and enthusiastic for the 1st time all season long.
Vrana has definitely lifted up his game. I hope Blashill keeps him with Vrana for at least 5 games rest of the way.
He works hard every shift, but points are hard to get.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Why not becoming the next Chris Kreider after some development?

Rasmussen is year younger than Kreider, who had scored 19 NHL-goals as 23-year old.

Rasmussen is 22 and has scored 23 NHL goals.

The career is still young and tall bodies take longer to develop. Guys Zhara looked like a bust on that age.

It's obvious that he's not a "schwarzenegger" yet. But some day. When he'll get the strength, then comes the balance, and that combo will become a force.

Kreider has great speed coming up the wing with the puck. The dude is like a freight train when he gets moving and he’s almost unmoveable by the net. Kreader also has a damn good shot. He’s seriously turned into another Adam Graves.

I would love if Ras turned into that but I don’t think he’s fast enough or has good enough hands for that. Plus Blashill was recently in the press talking about how he wants him to be like Jordan Staal. We’ll probably see Ras back at 3/4C next year despite improvements on the wing.

Edit: article with Blashill comments.

Michael Rasmussen ‘driving the bus right now’ for Red Wings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kreider has great speed coming up the wing with the puck. The dude is like a freight train when he gets moving and he’s almost unmoveable by the net. Kreader also has a damn good shot. He’s seriously turned into another Adam Graves.

I would love if Ras turned into that but I don’t think he’s fast enough or has good enough hands for that. Plus Blashill was recently in the press talking about how he wants him to be like Jordan Staal. We’ll probably see Ras back at 3/4C next year despite improvements on the wing.

Edit: article with Blashill comments.

Michael Rasmussen ‘driving the bus right now’ for Red Wings

Foreshadowing for a possible cap dump trade so he can play with his brother, lol. (Jordan has a full NMC though)

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm really enjoying Rasmussen's game. I like him as our 9th pick and I think he is proving to live up to it.

Zadina scored a crafty goal the other day. I want him to keep it going and shut up his naysayers.

I thought Kenny was going to take Hughes. I wanted Wahlstrom... but when Zadina fell in our laps, you can't NOT take him 6th overall. He was a risk/reward pick (aren't they all?). The reward didn't pan out, but he's still an NHL player. Quinn is proving to be the better pick. But nobody was talking about it at the time, just the hindsight guys crawling out of the woodwork recently rewriting history.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Remember that one time when the boards had that historic melt down when Kenny selected Ras over Gabriel Vilardi (F)? Wonder what he's up to these days? Oh, 23games, 3points, -8.

April fools was 2 weeks ago.... and LA Kings fans aren't laughing. They're crying.
So Raz isn't a bust because there's a bigger bust below him? Such a strange argument considering there are busts in every draft.

Raz is a 4th line center right now, while his footwork appears to be improving and he's not getting knocked down as often, it really doesn't look like he'll be anything more than a bottom 6 forward. Not what anyone would consider a successful pick at #9OA.

Zadina throws a knuckle puck which fools the goalie and all the sudden he's a success too?

A good game or two at the end of the season doesn't really mean much, Hirose scored like 9 pts in his first 10 games or something. I really think this offseason is make or break for Raz and Zadina, they both need to focus on their skating and strength. Otherwise we'll see both of them go lower and lower in the lineup until they're both gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad