Zack Smith on waivers (clears,resumes role as 2C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Are any teams still trying to reach the cap floor? If so maybe they will take him but they won’t pick him up on waivers, they will want a pick thrown in because the length of his contract makes it pretty ugly.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Him being placed on waivers means he doesnt have to clear them again this season,which gives the team getting him more flexability ...Should they want to remove his contract at any time
I think it's 30 days or 10 games but even then I doubt a team would pick him up and then bury his salary. Teams already know what Smith brings to the table.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
I really understand moves like this, but at year 1 of a 4 year deal? It shows how out of control things are in the org right now.... 12 months ago PD was thumping his chest saying the move for Duch "Will put us over the top" 12 months later, its a fire sale Dollar Store clear out and Duch isn't happy.

8 deals since last Feb all to save money. Their new arena (if it comes to that) will be cheap as it will only need to seat about 3-5 thousand... Way to kick the team dressing room chemistry in the balls just before the season opens.... These idiots couldn't run a burger king

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I don't get this move. Smith looked decent in pre-season so far. Don't we have a cap floor we need to hit? I would think that we are almost below it at this point.

Also if we are waiving players with one way contracts why not waive Pyatt, Ryan and McCormick while we are at it? Pyatt and McCormick are AHL players and Ryan is a contract we should get rid of.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What are you talking about? This response has nothing to do with the flexability (sp) you posted about earlier.
It does ,having already cleared waivers They can have nhl ready depth in the minors,that they can move up and down without penality...While they shed cap space from their active roster...as we likely take a cap dump to move him

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Oh oh Duchene is po'd. Wonder what Stone will say. Dorion blew it he might as well trade every vet before he quits and leaves the city!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think it's 30 days or 10 games but even then I doubt a team would pick him up and then bury his salary. Teams already know what Smith brings to the table.
Me either ,but its an option for them...Not all teams operate with money always being an issue like we do

Charliebox

Aug 5, 2009
Zach Smith is not overpaid. Give your heads a shake. He had one bad season last year. Look at who he had to play with.

They probably put him on waivers instead of trading him because any deal they could make for him was going to require them to take back salary.

Oct 10, 2010
Costs saving move embarrassing they never can get proper value for players it's absolutely sickening this team they will even screw up Duch and Stone trades f***ing idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad