Zack Smith on waivers (clears,resumes role as 2C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Paul Carey scored more goals than him last year.

The following players outscored him last season.

Didomenico
Carey
Paajarvi
Burrows
Pyatt
Gaborik

We have more than enough to replace Smith's 5 goals of "depth".

Fair enough, I know his shooting percentage was incredibly high a few seasons ago but its hard to imagine going from 25 goals to 5.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I remember his 25 goal season vividly and how it was the only "sell high" period we would ever get with him.

But once again because people in this organization can't actually assess their talent correctly, the clock struck midnight and he turned back into a pumpkin.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Might have a deal in place for him ,for another under preforming player ...Once he clears....EM isnt going to pay someone that kind of money in the AHL

Reactions: Clayonator

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
**Tin foil hat time**

Could the reason be based on the length of his contract???

He's the only player on the team besides Gaborik and Ryan whose contract extends beyond next season. We all know that financial obligations like this are a factor when selling the team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
lmao and so many of us wanted him traded after the 25 goal season... instead dorion shook his hand gave him the bucks and now......

Reactions: lancepitlick

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Someone will give us their problem contract for him,hopefully at least its a defender

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I remember his 25 goal season vividly and how it was the only "sell high" period we would ever get with him.

But once again because people in this organization can't actually assess their talent correctly, the clock struck midnight and he turned back into a pumpkin.
To be fair he was a great soldier for us. When he was gritty and pesty he was an excellent third/fourth line centre. Overpaid and regressed now though

Reactions: Clayonator

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm shocked to be honest.

That contract is pretty much in line with what bottom 6 forwards have been getting this off-season. Guys like Roussel, Beagle, Komarov are in the same tier and Smith is a serviceable player. I think expectations were simply out of line for him on top of the team having a terrible year.

Some teams could certainly use him on their bottom 6. You would think that a guy that can play C/W, PK, can handle physical play and can contribute in the right circumstances could potentially get claimed.

Not a bad move for us though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is probably going to happen, someone from Tampa maybe?
No idea,but it seems like the most logical thing that will likely go on...We take some contract from a richer team looking for some bottom 6 center help,that can be waived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad