Zack Phillips - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
I'll be very happy if the Oilers can get RNH/Morrow/Phillips somehow with their first 3 picks. From what i saw during the mem cup he reminds me of bergeron or a poor man's Mike richards.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Agree with a lot of what's been said above, but the kid needs to work on his skating. It's his big knock. I love his offensive abilities though. Definitely could be a 1st round pick with a skillset like he has. Almost like Toffoli last year who slipped into the 2nd round.

This kind of reminds me of Richards.

squidz*

Figured I'd necro this post instead of derailing the Huberdeau thread.

Is Phillips playing center so far this season? Still on a line with Huberdeau? For those who watched him last season, has he made any noticable improvements? I know he spent a lot of time with some big name skating coaches, how has that affected him?

GM17*

Huberdeau plays with Phillips, but I've seen him with Gauthier as well.

I can't really say there's many improvements. Then again I never thought he needed much improving at the junior level.

Phillips is scoring on the same pace he was before Huberdeau came back, that should be encouraging.

GM17*

Limited viewing, but he's been producing regardless of linemates. Would like to see him on RW and Coyle down the middle, but he's serviceable as a centre in the Q - winger in the pros probably.

squidz*

Is he clicking well with Coyle? Us Wild fans expect to see a x-Coyle-Phillips line in Houston next season. That x will be Zucker if he makes the jump instead of staying in school.

GM17*

haven't seen enough of them together. I saw one game since Coyle joined and he wasn't playing. Saw only highlights. Seems that Beaulieu Phillips + Huberdeau are moving the puck with Coyle parked in front. Creates a lot of 2nd chances. Not an honest way to rate players tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad