Player Discussion Zack Kassian

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think I'm going to buy one regardless. I damn near did last year. Even if he isn't here in 20-21, I'd have no issue wearing the jersey. Unless of course he does the same thing as Lucic and goes to Calgary. That signed Lucic jersey will be in the closet for a very long time.

Mine aren’t signed but I’m giving my 2 away lol. I have a signed Lucic framed photo the Oilers gave me, that is going to the neighbours and his man cave. He’s a Flame now. Dead to me. :mad: :DD

Yeah a Kassian in the new blue or perhaps the old home blue.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Mine aren’t signed but I’m giving my 2 away lol. I have a signed Lucic framed photo the Oilers gave me, that is going to the neighbours and his man cave. He’s a Flame now. Dead to me. :mad: :DD

I live south of Calgary and have been trying to give away my Lucic T-shirt to every Flames fan that used to mock me about Lucic having the worst contract in the league...sadly no takers yet....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Obviously would need to stay in the top 6 but I just have this feeling him and Tippett are gonna mesh.
I think the one thing Kassian has going for him that a lot of the other wingers don't is he brings something to the table if he isn't scoring.

We've heard it for years that if you aren't scoring you need to do something. A lot of our guys in the past if they weren't scoring were useless.

While Kassian didn't last night, he did play PK last year. He hits, fights and will battle. Doing those things will win you over with the coaches and give you more chances to play than a guy that doesn't score, doesn't pk and doesn't battle.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I had a chance to trade it for a Bruins one last year. I should've. I still respect what the guy did in Boston and could at least wear it or pin it up on my wall.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I had a chance to trade it for a Bruins one last year. I should've. I still respect what the guy did in Boston and could at least wear it or pin it up on my wall.

I was a huge fan of his. If mine were signed I’d probably keep it as well.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Kassian is built like Lindros, can score, fight and play on all 4 lines. There are only like 3 or 4 of these guys in the league and this is the type of guy you win Cups with. I’m hoping to see Drai pass the cup to him, it would be such a fairytale ending after all the hell he has been put through.

Reactions: noeticfuzz

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Kassian is built like Lindros, can score, fight and play on all 4 lines. There are only like 3 or 4 of these guys in the league and this is the type of guy you win Cups with. I’m hoping to see Drai pass the cup to him, it would be such a fairytale ending after all the hell he has been put through.
Dude was really good last night. Keep it up Zach!

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
You have way to much time on your hands.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Li
Take it easy there. Lindros.......well why stop there? I guess Nurse is our pronger and bouchard is McInnis.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Only thing that scares me about signing a longer term contract with Kassian is the fact that he's nearly 30. However working in the Oilers' favour is those physically "go to the net and score" guys really haven't gotten paid recently: Maroon (x2 offseasons), Ferland, Chiasson, and even Vanek sort of fits that niche.

Personally I give him a contract similar to what Ferland got from Vancouver or Connolly from FLA.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How do you guys not know that Todd from Leduc is Flames fan parody account?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I live south of Calgary and have been trying to give away my Lucic T-shirt to every Flames fan that used to mock me about Lucic having the worst contract in the league...sadly no takers yet....
After his amazing game yesterday it should be easier to find a taker

Reactions: Faelko

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
And? He compared physique, doesn't mean he was right but you compared players

Lindros was a tank. Not a medium one. He was a full on German Mouse.

So by his logic...

6'2" 185 is like 6'3" 211.

Now when people are comparing and they say 1 is like 2 which is like 3, they think that these three are relatively close. Perhaps some differences.

Would you say that...

6'2" 185

6'4" 240+

are 'like' each other or do you think it may be an exaggeration?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Lindros was a tank. Not a medium one. He was a full on German Mouse.

So by his logic...

6'2" 185 is like 6'3" 211.

Now when people are comparing and they say 1 is like 2 which is like 3, they think that these three are relatively close. Perhaps some differences.

Would you say that...

6'2" 185

6'4" 240+

are 'like' each other or do you think it may be an exaggeration?
Dont know where you're 185 from

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Dont know where you're 185 from
It was off the top of my head.

The difference between 211 and 240 is 29 pounds.
The difference between 211 and 185 is 26 pounds.

I rounded down the difference to make up for the differences in height. A proportion of 6'2" to 6'3" is greater than 6'3" to 6'4".

I thought the three pounds made up for the difference in ratio.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I have liked Kassians game since he came here but his recent success like Chaisson and maroon and rattie etc etc before them is totally reliant on mcdavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad