News Article: Zack Kassian placed in stage 2 Part II - Mod Warning in Post#1

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Get a pick and dump Prust's 2.5m cap
Kassian either does better than what Prust could do at 2/3 of said cap, or ****s up and gets sent to substance abuse program, where is cap comes off the books while he's suspended, if he managed to get reinstated before the end of the season

Win/Win

No way MB finds a taker for Prust's 2.5 mil without taking money back. The NHL is in a cap hell this year. That's why so many players were on PRO's and getting cheap 1 year deals.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
This thread is about Kassian v. Demons, not cocaine v. alcohol.

The "demons" are entirely speculative at this point. My entire point revolves around how disappointing it is to see people make Kassian out to be some huge loser addict when tons of players who abuse a similarly dangerous substance (alcohol) are laughed off.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
No way MB finds a taker for Prust's 2.5 mil without taking money back. The NHL is in a cap hell this year. That's why so many players were on PRO's and getting cheap 1 year deals.

It's not that MB traded Prust. It's that he didn't replace what Prust brought to the team.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
The Demon Kane?
Kane_render.png

maxresdefault.jpg

:popcorn:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
According to Friedman, Kassian is pretty much done in Montreal.

28. Canadiens coach Michel Therrien confirmed Tuesday what was widely suspected, that Zack Kassian had already been through Stage One of the NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse Program.

It had been rumoured that was the case in Vancouver, but the Canucks never confirmed it at the time, nor should they have. Stan Smyl spent a ton of time working with Kassian, but it’s very clear the Canadiens are already out of patience.

It’s extremely unlikely he will play for Montreal this season. Can only hope the possibility his NHL career could be over scares him to the proper path

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
You know you didn't have to copy paste the entire thing right? Only one sentence is about Kassian.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The "demons" are entirely speculative at this point. My entire point revolves around how disappointing it is to see people make Kassian out to be some huge loser addict when tons of players who abuse a similarly dangerous substance (alcohol) are laughed off.

People who know aren't laughing.
It is very rare indeed NOT to see alcohol as the main culprit in cross addiction.
The term addict is misconstrued all the time. It is a sickness and can afflict people in many guises.
Alcohol Sex Drugs Gaming Eating...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kassian should be considered not even a member of the organization. He's likely never going to play for us and won't be qualified at the end of the year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Kassian should be considered not even a member of the organization. He's likely never going to play for us and won't be qualified at the end of the year.

That is pure speculation. He's part of the Habs until MB says he's gone.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That is pure speculation. He's part of the Habs until MB says he's gone.

We have no idea. It's up to the program doctors to lift his suspension, not the Habs. Until then it's pointless to speculate. Addiction is tough to combat and it's a constant struggle. I'd like to think the Habs will give him a chance if he's cleared by a 3rd party, especially since they moved a likeable player in Prust for him. It's up to Kassian now to demonstrate he can reach a point where he can return to the NHL.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Elliot Friedman said as such. Pretty sure he doesn't speak only from speculation.

Source please? I recall him saying it unlikely that he plays for the Habs this year.

And was it from a source or his speculation? Because Friedman makes it clear when he's providing an opinion and admits that he's not always right.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If Kassian is done for the year, we need someone else to step up in the role of an enforcer, or at the very least, a guy who's intimidating enough to at least deter POS's like Rinaldo and Komarov to run our stars.

Who the hell do you think Rinaldo is going to be scared of tomorrow? Or Neil/Smith/Borowiecki Sunday?

It has nothing to do with fights. We just don't have anyone to fight back or keep them in line. And I can already see you guys coming with the "nobody prevents cheap shots, yada yada yada...". There's a psychological game that is being played on the ice, and we're playing against 2 dangerous teams on that aspect in 24 hours. Don't act as if Chris Neil and Zack Smith weren't less dirty with Parros, Murray, Prust and Moen all in the lineup.

I'm actually really worried for this coming weekend.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kassian isn't tough though. At all. He wasn't brought here to enforce.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Kassian isn't tough though. At all. He wasn't brought here to enforce.

He was a loose cannon who could knee as leg anytime if things got dirty in a game. This itself is enough to deter some players, or coaches, from "abusing the opposing players" as a gameplan.

I guess people will understand when Pacioretty and/or Subban have to fight for themselves.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So, with Kass out, and probably done what does MB do? Where does all of this leave us with the cap? Do we get cap relief because of Kass?

He's not counting against the cap anymore. Which is a good thing for salary cap reasons. But I'd have hoped for something else than Paul ****ing Byron as a replacement. If that actually was our plan to begin with, just keep Thomas until you find someone who fits more...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Pretty bummed about this. Really had hopes for this kid to get around 15 goals and help this team get tougher.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's not counting against the cap anymore. Which is a good thing for salary cap reasons. But I'd have hoped for something else than Paul ****ing Byron as a replacement. If that actually was our plan to begin with, just keep Thomas until you find someone who fits more...
Agreed, we need a big body to dig pucks out, and win the battles on the wall, Kass would have been good for this, but..........
Really don't think he will ever suit up for the Habs...it's a shame, his career is in real jepordy.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
If Kassian is done for the year, we need someone else to step up in the role of an enforcer, or at the very least, a guy who's intimidating enough to at least deter POS's like Rinaldo and Komarov to run our stars.

Who the hell do you think Rinaldo is going to be scared of tomorrow? Or Neil/Smith/Borowiecki Sunday?

It has nothing to do with fights. We just don't have anyone to fight back or keep them in line. And I can already see you guys coming with the "nobody prevents cheap shots, yada yada yada...". There's a psychological game that is being played on the ice, and we're playing against 2 dangerous teams on that aspect in 24 hours. Don't act as if Chris Neil and Zack Smith weren't less dirty with Parros, Murray, Prust and Moen all in the lineup.

Bolded.

No one can do that job anymore. Not with the instigator penalty.

If they do, they put their team in deep trouble.

In the end, and case in hands, the Montreal Canadiens have to play through that with team toughness and not retaliating, not playing the Sens game (or any other bully's game). It drove the Bruins mad in the past, it will work again with the Sens. Just don't drop 'em and get embarassed. If they bully one of our good players, go all out on Karlsson, Turris, Stone and Hoffman.

Also, the league is trying to get cleaner and fighting is on it's way out. Because of concussions, because it's definitely a sideshow. I'm glad it does and if you like fighting, like I do, go watch MMA and boxing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

You gonna have to bring back that ol' user name bro. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad