Zack Kassian Part V - 'The Man of Many Faces'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
He played a game with the Sedins. Let's see if he starts there in the next game. Right now, everything said will be beating a dead horse.

arsmaster*

He played a game with the Sedins. Let's see if he starts there in the next game. Right now, everything said will be beating a dead horse.

Horse isn't dead. Looks like it's still penned up. Getting prodded a bit and looks like it's ready to start bucking. Try and ride that for 8 seconds.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
They're the exact same mistakes though.

Nobody believes kassian should be given the leeway that the twins are. But it's entirely hypocritical to gravitate to identical plays made my kassian and trash the kid and then sweep stuff under the rug.

The discipline is not consistent. Vey takes a hooking penalty 170 feet from his net. You can almost envision the 3 pages of posts in this thread if it was Kass. He likely would have sat multiple shifts if it was him.

Dorsett. Lazy hook 200 feet from his own net. Killed the teams momentum. Didn't miss a shift. Still extra attacker.

These are comparable players who should have similar discipline. I don't care bag Dorsett skates around and gets nothing done but he's "buzzing". He's a largely ineffective hockey player with a large leash. It's BS.

I don't want to get into vey really. But he shouldn't be on any pp unit for a while. When we need a goal to tie in the last 5 the hot guys should get reps. Not the coaches pet.

You never hear abut Willie checking on zack's head space after scratches. You heard about him coddling vey when he was a scratch (2 times?).

Pretty clear to me zack needs coddling. Not tough love. The tough love is alienating him. I know id resent some people of I was in his shoes.

I guess this whole thing depends who you compare yourself to in the situation. Seems more people put themselves in the coaches shoes. I identify a lot with kassian so I can see his frustration and why I tend to stick up for him. I identify with the person being disciplined not be disciplinarian.

Is that why you just don't get it either?

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
If Burrows is healthy, he's probably out.

You honestly think that Kassian will be benched if Burrows is healthy? :shakehead

Kassian will be benched next time he has a crappy game, if that crappy game is a result of a lack of interest. That is the knock on him, that is why he is being benched.

arsmaster*

Is that why you just don't get it either?

Get what. Double standards? Nope. When they happen to me in my workplace I ***** about them.

Considering in not the only one in here on my side of the discussion I'd say we just disagree.

Neither of us gets it or doesn't get it.

If you have two kids. Both screw up one is punished with a spanking and one is punished with a coffee crisp and a hug. Do you think the kid who was spanked would be confused?

Anyways. We disagree. I wouldn't say I get it less than you. I think that's a terrible conversation point by you.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Horse isn't dead. Looks like it's still penned up. Getting prodded a bit and looks like it's ready to start bucking. Try and ride that for 8 seconds.

No, it's dead. It's dead because everyone is talking about what has happened while ignoring the last game that was just played.

Talk about him playing with the Sedins. Here, give me a sec and I'll quote my post about him with the Sedins. You can talk about that. That is the horse that is not dead.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
The knock with Kassian playing with the Sedins back then was that he was scoring, but taking away from them (Daniel) scoring the goals. Well, Daniel has been the set up guy since his head injury, so is this no longer a problem?

I think there is a small bit of evidence that should suggest we just keep Kassian with the Sedins and give them a hugely disproportionate number of offensive zone starts and see if Kassian will just keep scoring goals as their winger. I'm not going to dig up the stats, but someone may know a fast way - how many goals/60min (career) has Kassian scored when playing with the Sedins?

Let's be honest - if this is Kassian's one and only niche, but it produces at the rate that he has on their wing, why not? Just play him there. Boost his confidence. Boost his value. Protect the Sedins. Divide the toughness, the grit, the size. Whatever. Just play him beside the Sedins until he falters (which he may or may not do).

Put Burrows beside Vrbata and call it a second line, and take Kassian out of the bottom 6. Make the Kassian pom-pom wavers happy. Win-Win-Win if you ask me. That's ...#tri-winning

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Bonino - Vrbata
Matthias - Richardson - Hansen/Dorsett/Vey
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen/Dorsett/Vey
Dorsett/Vey

EDIT: forgot about Higgins. Can he play RW?

Next, figure out that cluster**** defence.

Here. A horse. Have at her :deadhorse

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
People have been saying "be patient with Kassian, don't give up on him." What about our coach? We can't be patient with our coach? Look what he is doing. He's working relentlessly at making Kassian a real NHLer.

And I agree with the Vey comparison as well - even though it shouldn't be a comparison. Vey's effort is not in question. He is always trying, and he is getting better. The question with Vey is if he can get good enough to stick on a team, because if he plays like this his whole career, he's basically another Ebbett type. He needs to improve. Maybe we can end up with a Derrick Roy type out of Vey.

being forced to play kassian due to a last minute burrows injury and having no other option isn't exactly "working relentlessly at making kassian a real NHLer." :shakehead

great that vey is trying real hard and giving it 100%, same with dorsett. you know who else try real hard? ALL the players in the AHL. effort can only get you so far, at what point does result matters? kassian have been great offensively lately, helping the team outscore their opponents (which is how you win hockey games last time i check), and he get benched for a waiver wire pick up? i'm sure mcmillian works his butt off, he's not going to help the team win the way kassian can, thats for sure.

arsmaster*

fine i'll do it.

H. Sedin - 18
D. Sedin - 16
Vrbata - 11
Richardson - 10
Horvat - 10
Kassian - 9
Matthias - 9
Higgins - 9
Burrows - 8
Hansen - 8
Vey - 7
Kenins - 6
Bonino - 5
Dorsett - 4
McMillan - 0?
Cheers. Bud.

Lundface*

After seeing McMillan get a shift on the power play over Kenins (forget the 'no trying Kassian), nothing would surprise me.

McMillan was practicing Desjardins extremely complex pp while in Phoenix. Soon it will be his turn on the first unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad