Zack Kassian kicks Erik Cernak with his skate blade (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Forget suspending him games, the bigger punishment would be if the NHL forced him to play more minutes.

Kass being Kass.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The play where 3 players get tangled up, fall down together, and then one of them kicks one of the others in the chest? That play?

yes... that play. Do you think you can determine justice without seeing it? If yes, we have an argument. If not... you agree with my only point: you need to see the play in its context (in addition to interviews and prior history) to determine justice. That's the primary point I'm making.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I know... crazy, irrational me, suggesting that watching the full video might help people determine the severity of the punishment.

maybe if the jury watched the entire murder clip instead of just watching the actual act of killing it might sway the jury.....

Reactions: Another AZ

han316

Feb 6, 2013
there should be an automatic min 10 game suspension for using your blade in any manner.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It is bad. What if he missed and hit his arm where there is no protection? Dude needs a suspension. He seems not the sharpest person anyhow.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
yes... that play. Do you think you can determine justice without seeing it? If yes, we have an argument. If not... you agree with my only point: you need to see the play in its context (in addition to interviews and prior history) to determine justice. That's the primary point I'm making.
There is no context needed, all you need to watch is the 2-5 second portion in which Kassian looks at the player and then kicks him in the chest with a skate. Nothing that could be shown in any other portion of the clip would condone using ones skate to kick another player.

Edit: And i have watched the whole clip...3 players get tangled up and fall, the Tampa player lands on top...after scrumming for a few seconds, Kassian kicks the player in the chest to remove him from atop of the pile. There is NOTHING the Tampa player did in that whole sequence that warranted Kassian kicking him with a skate.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think they're pretty few and far between. This is about as close to consensus as HF gets.

Credit to Oiler fans for being objective in this one. I don't think I've seen a single Oiler fan defend it.
I think not defending someone for kicking a person with a skate blade should rather be taken for granted than credited.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Pretty sure kicking someone with your skate is a no-no in terms of the ‘code’. What you’ve missed is that Zack is being called a hypocrite for doing things such as this. Keep twisting in the wind to defend him though, it’s pretty funny.

Where in my post did I defend anything he did? Just make things up I guess.

I'm saying the comparison isn't accurate, at all.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Really hope the league comes down hard on him and sends the message that this type of behaviour is not acceptable. He could have seriously injured Cernak. Personally, I'd give him 10+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad