Zack Kassian kicks Erik Cernak with his skate blade (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You mean the first few pages that were up before the was any video replays? Those are just emotional reactions and every fanbase has them, including yours.
You posted the vid clip yourself on page 3. I quoted comments going to page 4. I saw even more going to page 7. Try again.

People have DVRs, they watched the game and saw the play.

If they didn't and they STILL came here to defend the play then they deserve criticism for making terrible arguments. Do you really think people who blindly argue without evidence should get a free pass from fair criticism?

Also what would seeing the clip have to do with a terrible argument like "Sure he kicked at him but he missed so it's totally cool!" If you make a terrible argument bc you can't control yourself when you're team is involved then you get criticized for it regardless of what fanbase you're in.

Be better than this silly comment

Reactions: Bedards Dad

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Innocent until proven guilty? Or should police have just stormed onto the ice then and there?
Offering your opinion based on the evidence doesn't fall under "innocent until proven guilty."

That said I thought at least your comment was just being a little patient, asking for more evidence. I only included it because it was defending Kassian a bit and that other dude said no one even tried to defend him.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
So you don’t have a single quote of me saying there’s another angle? Cute. The only video that has been shown does not show the skate once it comes close to the Tampa player.
Me asking others to show a video (if it exists) of the skate hitting the player is not the same as what you are claiming I said.
(Mod)
He's saying you didn't say there was another angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Needs to be less deflection around here and more reflection.

tenor.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It has happened, but it's pretty rare. 90%+ of the time the player will get 6+ games.

One way to look at it: "The DoPS is planning to give you 6+ games, do you have any explanation for your actions that would cause us to reduce that suspension length?". In the case of Kassian here I think it would be difficult for him to argue mitigating circumstances in the incident.

In some past incidents the DoPS has apparently accepted some level of mitigating explanation from the player and reduced the planned suspension.

I think there are certainly mitigating factors.

Not huge mitigating factors, but they are there. Notably, Cernak wasn't injured, and it's reasonable to assume that he's trying to rejoin the hockey game and stop having a melee 100 ft from the puck.

I think you take Skinner's 2 games, multiply that by four or five for suspension history / notoriety / bad press the play is generating, then you give him 1 or 2 games back because even though he made a shit choice, he's trying to go play the game (factor two; acting with recklessness and negligence is better relatively speaking than acting with premeditation and intent) and he has no chance to kick if Cernak isn't f***ing with his skates or the official looking right at the play calls Cernak for holding two Oilers players away from the puck for over three steamboats (factor three; aggravation).

It's the same as a murder trial; there is no arguing that Kassian had a guilty action (Actus Reus), but you can certainly argue that he didn't have the guilty intent to hurt Cernak, and rather he made a negligent choice while thinking about other stuff such as "Tampa's top line and the league's top scoring defenceman currently have a 4v3 in front of my net, I need to go play defense." Kassian isn't for sure guilty of murder murder, but he's for sure guilty of manslaughter. You know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad