Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Haven't read anything so far this season on Zach, hes not enjoying his lightning start that he had last season but does have a hat trick already. Last year was a bit of a breakout year for him, hoping he can build on that and be more consistent, maybe all the missed time during the offseason/training camp etc is catching up with him.

He's had mononucleosis and an appendectomy so his training would be set back twice for significant times not that he needs strength & stamina to play hockey

As I posted in Sweeney thread I sat on glass behind net for Senyshyn preseason game and Vesey last Saturday and the similarities struck me - play away from puck, reading play in O zone when there team gained possession, speed, size, the shot reputation, even expressionless look

Because he's not dominating in the O is hilarious after these two set backs but after reading how 25 year old Torey Krug lost his slap shot (after offseason surgery) on this board nothing surprises me

Second star in 6-3 win last night with only 2 assists sounds impressive

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He's had mononucleosis and an appendectomy so his training would be set back twice for significant times not that he needs strength & stamina to play hockey

As I posted in Sweeney thread I sat on glass behind net for Senyshyn preseason game and Vesey last Saturday and the similarities struck me - play away from puck, reading play in O zone when there team gained possession, speed, size, the shot reputation, even expressionless look

Because he's not dominating in the O is hilarious after these two set backs but after reading how 25 year old Torey Krug lost his slap shot (after offseason surgery) on this board nothing surprises me

Second star in 6-3 win last night with only 2 assists sounds impressive

I'm still high on him as well but this sounds like Knight talk here.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm still high on him as well but this sounds like Knight talk here.

Knight leading team in points in Europe - he will be back.

Sorry mods - I promised no more Knight talk unless returns

People are actually giving up on Senyshyn is the most absurd thing I've seen here

This is the same board that predicted Yannick Reindeau signed to Providence after DOMINATING the Q would be in Boston

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Knight leading team in points in Europe - he will be back.

Sorry mods - I promised no more Knight talk unless returns

People are actually giving up on Senyshyn is the most absurd thing I've seen here

This is the same board that predicted Reindeau signed to Providence after DOMINATING the Q

Jared's helicopter father was always a problem. Probably why they gave him away for less than nothing and had no interest in bringing him back.

I have no such concerns with ZS. Let's see how he looks after January when his body has had time to heal.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ha - what have you done for me lately

Second star and 2 assists no goals says something

I like that so many have this kid a collosall bust before his 20th birthday.

Seeing a Vesey like top 6 goal scorer

Two months ago you had Vesey as the 11th most talented left winger in the Bruins organization.

Maybe....I don't know...stop making predictions?

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Jared's helicopter father was always a problem. Probably why they gave him away for less than nothing and had no interest in bringing him back.

I have no such concerns with ZS. Let's see how he looks after January when his body has had time to heal.

Heal? He shouldn't need time to heal!! I mean look at the great and vaunted Barzal and what he is doing with the Islanders.....wait......Barzal got sent back to his junior club? so.... uhm.....is it possible that the drafted kids are not instant superstars and need time to develop?? (Excluding Carlo....cause dannnnggggg)

If the emergence of Pasta and Carlo this year can teach us anything its that they will get a shot when the kid is good and ready.

Can he join Providence at the end of the year like Carlo did last season?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Im not worried about this kid. As a Dad of 3 and 2 of which had mono it knocked the hell outta them. Neither were quite right for many months. Thats without appendix operation on top of it.

Much ado about nothing. He'll be ok in time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Im not worried about this kid. As a Dad of 3 and 2 of which had mono it knocked the hell outta them. Neither were quite right for many months. Thats without appendix operation on top of it.

Much ado about nothing. He'll be ok in time.

He's 19 years old!!!

He twice gets illness that not only curtail training but 'call on the body' to repair and heal.

It's not like he went to Maui for a month

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I think what fans need to realize is if Spooner and Czarnik continue the good play there is hardly room for Vatrano and Bjork in scoring roles. So its not the end of the world if Senyshyn and Debrusk aren't ready. And if they are going to break in as 4th liners you might want them older and stronger. Think of a guy like Acciari. His game is based around being a bull on the ice and very strong. Hes a lot older than them hard to demand that from a younger guy 19 or 20.

Wasn't Senyshyn always deemed a bit of a project in any case? Those goal totals from last season may have changed that tune a bit, but he was still a late starter in juniors.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
...but I really noticed that they were light on using him in the D zone. I loved how he would get himself on the line and then just burst up with the puck off a pass. Chippy too...he boarded a Russian and only got a 2 minute minor out of it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don Sweeney asked him to focus on play away from puck and 3 zone play

Still finding time to score 14 goals in 8 games while balancing out his game

Bird lovers can relax- crows need not worry about becoming endangered as most of those not a fan of the pick would ever admit to being wrong not in DNA

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://www.nhl.com/news/boston-bruins-prospect-zach-senyshyn-has-sense-of-team-history/c-290601604

BOSTON -- In the two years since he was selected by the Boston Bruins with the No. 15 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, forward prospect Zach Senyshyn has attended three Bruins development camps and improved his all-around game with Sault Ste. Marie of the Ontario Hockey League.

Months away from becoming a full-time pro, there's still something the 20-year-old hasn't accomplished while part of the Bruins organization: meeting Hockey Hall of Fame member Johnny Bucyk, who played 21 of his 23 NHL seasons in Boston and shares a Ukrainian heritage with Senyshyn.

"I've never met Johnny Bucyk. It's on the list," Senyshyn said. "I remember after I was drafted I was asked about that. And I know he wore No. 9, which is pretty cool."

Senyshyn wore No. 9 with Sault Ste. Marie, but he won't be wearing it in Boston because it's retired for Bucyk, who had 1,339 points (545 goals, 794 assists) in 1,436 games for the Bruins and is seen often around TD Garden in his role as an ambassador for the franchise.

If Senyshyn wants to become the next Ukrainian sensation in Boston, he's going to have to become a better two-way player. His offensive talent is already evident, with 65 points in each of his past two seasons in the OHL. Senyshyn's play without the puck has improved, but he knows it's about his mentality as much as it is about his talent.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Zach Senyshyn understands that he may need some seasoning in the minors before he is ready to contribute in the NHL.
Senyshyn will probably start the 2017-18 campaign in the minors, but his speed and offensive upside could put him in Boston's lineup at some point soon. He knows his all-around game and play without the puck will have to improve, though. "I think it's just knowing that you always have to be doing something, whether you have the puck on your stick or not," he said. "Using your speed not just to score goals but to break up goals and create offense by turning it the other way. Being able to track hard and being defensively responsible. I think that's the one thing I really learned from moving up to the AHL, is you can't take your foot off the pedal, ever."

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think the knowing the 2 way game thing is overblown here, EVERY young player needs to work on their two way game
D

:handclap:

I'm happy somebody said it. If we're okay with defensive forwards in this league, we should also be fine with guys who just aren't very good in their own end. I remember Craig MacTavish saying (when he was coaching) that he would "break young guys down and build them back up again". Well, he was adept at the first half of that statement. But I think it's far more important that a player excels at what they excel at. Not everyone has to be a Selke nominee and working on a three zone game is hardly something unique to Senyshyn.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I have not watched Senyshyn much, but he looks like a Spooner type to me. Hopefully he's more of a kreider in time.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I have not watched Senyshyn much, but he looks like a Spooner type to me. Hopefully he's more of a kreider in time.
No offense but I don't think Spooner is a very apt comparison at all. He's much more of a shooter than a playmaker. I think Kreider would be a better comparison, or perhaps Pacioretty.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
No offense but I don't think Spooner is a very apt comparison at all. He's much more of a shooter than a playmaker. I think Kreider would be a better comparison, or perhaps Pacioretty.

IDK Senyshyn is fast, Pacioretty is the slowest skater of that bunch IMO. Pacioretty is the best shooter for sure. Hopefully Senyshyn is both!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

I was here thinking, "What's HBP talking about? Senyshyn has tons of offence!! Damn, I REALLY need some sleep.

Sorry about that, but had to post..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m just encouraged that the kid hasn`t had an unfortunate illness or injury while training this summer, kid couldn`t buy a break last summer. Looking forward to watching/reading about his development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad