Plus size

Questions about

Play away from puck
200 foot game
Using line mates

Based on what I've read, seen, or heard

Projects

High end- top 6 goal scoring
Low end - Matt Fraser with elite skating which probably means he still has an NHL career

Biggest concern is play away from puck. Will it inhibit his offensive strength

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Plus speed
Plus shot
Plus finishing skills
Plus hands
Plus character
Plus size

Questions about

Play away from puck
200 foot game
Using line mates

Projects

Low end - Matt Fraser with elite skating which probably means he still has an NHL career

My gut tells me this guy will make it,be kept and be valuable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All this does not bode well for him being here long term, no? :laugh:

No idea just putting together a bunch of sensory info from here there and everywhere

I like the way he motors

If you can skate if you can shoot if you good a good head on your shoulders and take to coaching

Detroit and Toronto were coming up into late teens to get him

Sweeney wasn't that off the wall with the pick - he was trying to actually move back until the Bruins found out what was going on and went max 4 picks earlier than he would have

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No idea just putting together a bunch of sensory info from here there and everywhere

I like the way he motors

If you can skate if you can shoot if you good a good head on your shoulders and take to coaching

Detroit and Toronto were coming up into late teens to get him

Sweeney wasn't that off the wall with the pick - he was trying to actually move back until the Bruins found out what was going on and went max 4 picks earlier than he would have

where is this info coming from?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
How about we stick to the prospect and **** about all the nonsensical stuff that belongs in other threads.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Plus speed
Plus shot
Plus finishing skills
Plus hands
Plus character
Plus size

Questions about

Play away from puck
200 foot game
Using line mates

Projects

Encouraging. 1st 5 (mostly) can't be taught, though character can evolve or be learned. Play away from puck, 200 ft. game and use of line mates are teachable, if they are willing to learn (big question!!). I'm impressed by what I've seen in highlights, the kid has a nose for the net.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The media asks what the plan is?

It's scoring wingers like Sensyshyn, Vatrano, DeBrusk, Pastrnak to join Marchand and hopefully Vesey; add in Heinen, Gabrielle and others and it's kinda a pretty impressive group

Gabrielle and DeBrusk and Sensyshyn all scored 40+ goals in a season in the CHL.

Marchand scored 37 and Pasta should be at 30 regularly before his 25th birthday

It's like we only have Andy Hilbert and Cameron Mann here

ZS is getting way over analyzed

I asked what his weakness was and it was nothing that coaching can't fix

Great pick

The P-L-A-N is

1. Get scoring wingers off the rush
2. Get 3 zone centers (JFK)
3. Bring in young defense

They drafted Zboril, Carlo, & Lauzon in first two rounds

What is not to understand ?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
On almost every report I've read on Senyshyn, it's says he's physical. Is this true? I haven't watched him play this year, other then the few highlight reel goals he's had on youtube.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The media asks what the plan is?

It's scoring wingers like Sensyshyn, Vatrano, DeBrusk, Pastrnak to join Marchand and hopefully Vesey; add in Heinen, Gabrielle and others and it's kinda a pretty impressive group

Gabrielle and DeBrusk and Sensyshyn all scored 40+ goals in a season in the CHL.

Marchand scored 37 and Pasta should be at 30 regularly before his 25th birthday

It's like we only have Andy Hilbert and Cameron Mann here

ZS is getting way over analyzed

I asked what his weakness was and it was nothing that coaching can't fix

Great pick

Time will tell. Do you (or anyone) know if he's attending the development camp this year? I assume he is, but has the attendees list been confirmed yet?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On almost every report I've read on Senyshyn, it's says he's physical. Is this true? I haven't watched him play this year, other then the few highlight reel goals he's had on youtube.

If you play where he goes you are going to get bumped and have the body out to you. My person told me he loves the gym that he'd live in it if he could but not until after he does his homework

He appears to me kind of wirey strong but I'll ask Dom. Dom watches him and Dom talks to scouts at the games. He put me on to him last May as a real sleeper. I've never seen in OHL game but I got Dom and my buddy George who watch him- George played in OHL and will soon have third son or GS On an OHL team. He knows his stuff to - he told me the Bruins should grab this kid Adam Henrique

If George and Dom like I guess I do ;)

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Where have you been? This info has been around since the day ( or day after ) of that draft.

It's been around here. But it hasn't been reported officially anywhere. It's all propaganda to make the pick look like less of a reach. No idea why anyone in the leafs or red wings would let it be known they'd have traded up for him. And even if there was a member of the leafs or wings on the inside willing to go off the record and give that information. He can't work for both teams. So now there are 2 moles inside 2 separate organizations who are both feeding information to hockey future posters off the record but won't give that information to you know, reporters. It doesn't add up, but I'm just a skeptic who doesn't believe a bunch of smoke equals fire. Especially if the smoke is anonymous and can't be seen by anyone.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's been around here. But it hasn't been reported officially anywhere. It's all propaganda to make the pick look like less of a reach. No idea why anyone in the leafs or red wings would let it be known they'd have traded up for him. And even if there was a member of the leafs or wings on the inside willing to go off the record and give that information. He can't work for both teams. So now there are 2 moles inside 2 separate organizations who are both feeding information to hockey future posters off the record but won't give that information to you know, reporters. It doesn't add up, but I'm just a skeptic who doesn't believe a bunch of smoke equals fire. Especially if the smoke is anonymous and can't be seen by anyone.

Wow, I never realized Don Sweeney was so nefarious.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Wow, I never realized Don Sweeney was so nefarious.

I didn't say anything about sweeney. I think he couldn't care less what people think about his draft. He seems like a guy who does what he wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks, he just does whatever he thinks is the right move (for better or worse)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I didn't say anything about sweeney. I think he couldn't care less what people think about his draft. He seems like a guy who does what he wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks, he just does whatever he thinks is the right move (for better or worse)

So who's in charge of the Propaganda Department? Is that Neely's job? Maybe I should send a resume. Sounds like a cool job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad