Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Never said them taking him in the first, because they graded him there was ridiculous but that is the reason"I said they more than likely took him there". What I said was ridiculous was your post saying that there were rumors that a few teams in the 1st round were considering taking Senyshyn and that's why Sweeney took him when he did

Well I'm sure it played a part along with many other things, so again I don't see how it's ridiculous. I mean if I put "and that's part of the reason why Sweeney" would it make it better for you?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You can't hit on every pick, that's okay.

But this draft was hyped to be the best since 2013 and they passed a guy who was ranked in the top 10 for a guy who was ranked early 2nd. Basically 1 round reach.

This isn't something easy to say after. They had a major problem developing and still have.

It's not Senys fault though.

So did every team that was actually in the top 10 lol

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
figure if senyshyn continues to progress with his overall game, he's gonna earn a call-up sometime soon.
the usual call the guy up to bump his confidence and because he's earned it. he's a guy i'm penciling in
for a bottom-6 RW spot next fall.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You can't hit on every pick, that's okay.

But this draft was hyped to be the best since 2013 and they passed a guy who was ranked in the top 10 for a guy who was ranked early 2nd. Basically 1 round reach.

This isn't something easy to say after. They had a major problem developing and still have.

It's not Senys fault though.

Yes, since 03. Its kind of like beating a deadhorse at this point for the people trying to defend the pick.

Sweeney missed it big time. You'll never know if Senyshyn would of been available with one of their 3 second round picks but it was a given Barzal and Conner would of been long gone.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think every one gets that we passed on a couple of players that look right now like we should have taken. But crap, guys, this is a thread about Senyshyn and what was he supposed to do- tell the Bruins, "no, don't draft me, most of the scouting services had me as an early second rounder,so take Barzal instead"? So we have what he have, the bell isn't getting unrung, and we ought just to be cheering Zach on and hoping he reaches the potential that the team saw in him which made him the selection at that point. Let's see where he is and how he stacks up in 2-3 years against his draft class.

In other words, does every discussion about our 2015 picks have to be polluted with the fact that Barzal and Connor etc. were available?

And something else to think about- the Islanders were rubbish last season. If Barzal comes to the Bruins do you think he becomes our #2 center with Bergeron and Krejci already here? No chance. He plays 3rd or 4th line if he makes the team out of camp at all, and no one is talking about the guy like he's the second coming. But, we'll never know, just like we don't know if Senyshyn could have been had in the 2nd round. But if Don waited, then we don't get Carlo. Hmmmm.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Well I'm sure it played a part along with many other things, so again I don't see how it's ridiculous. I mean if I put "and that's part of the reason why Sweeney" would it make it better for you?
Not really addressing this at you per se, but just about the general topic:

You don't take a guy because you think someone else will. You take a guy because he's the best value on your board OR near the best value on your board and other circumstances make it worth it. For instance, if you have a couple of guys who are pretty darn close but one plays a more important position, or that position is shallower in the draft or the style fills a particular need. But those should only be factors in cases that are pretty close.

Senyshyn was a guy who I didn't mind gambling on at the time given his athleticism and potential upside (a guy buried on a good team who put up decent numbers in limited time but that you expected to break out the next year).

But of course it's fair to say at this point that it wasn't the smart play and that they blew a pretty good opportunity.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I still hope senyshyn can turn into a Eric Cole type of player. Lots of nhl reports stated he is that type of player. It's taking a long time with this guy .

I hope he turns into anything, that reach looks like the worlds worst move at this point, with no centre on the Bruins that can do anything, he who shall not be named would look good between Marchand and Pastrnak, but I am sure Sweeney already knows his mistake.

Reactions: Lo97

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I hope he turns into anything, that reach looks like the worlds worst move at this point, with no centre on the Bruins that can do anything, he who shall not be named would look good between Marchand and Pastrnak, but I am sure Sweeney already knows his mistake.

Are you taking about Colin white? Or Konecny? Or is it barzal? So many people could be playing between Marchand and pastrnak from that round it’s impossible to guess

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Shutting this down.

Shenyshyn is a prospect so use that stickied thread.

If you want to bitch about that draft use the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->