Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's exactly what the team needs - size (only Hayes is taller among their NHL forwards), speed that would probably make him their fastest forward and a wicked shot from the wing.

For this club and what they are looking to build, I don't see much to dislike.

if I may? You left out a number of his goals scored with him driving right at the net, THAT, is still very much an aspect of this Bruins team which has been missing for years IMO

Now, admittedly, it`s easier to do at the Junior level but if he shows a willingness and comfort in time to do that at the NHL level, could be a blast to watch this kid

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
if I may? You left out a number of his goals scored with him driving right at the net, THAT, is still very much an aspect of this Bruins team which has been missing for years IMO

Now, admittedly, it`s easier to do at the Junior level but if he shows a willingness and comfort in time to do that at the NHL level, could be a blast to watch this kid

Oh totally, could add in his excellent work along the boards and down low and his ability to contribute even with limited minutes in a third line role (kind of how Claude likes to use everyone ;))

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
where is this info coming from?

Nobody should be asking that by now. :(

People read what they want to read I guess.

The Bruins didn't want to run the risk of not being able to draft him is what I gather from all that has been written. I believe it has been said too on radio/tv.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
It is really hard to believe the arguments people come up with even when they should half believe what they are disputing. :help:

Too many look at the players available but not what the Bruins appear to lack.

Bruins are a very slow team if you remove 3-4 guys and half no one to charge at the net with a cannon on his shoulder.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Exactly. It doesn't really matter if a team wanted him later in the round, closer to where he allegedly belonged.

I'm becoming a fan but I am never going to buy that argument.

Wait, why doesn't it matter? Let's use the very extreme example of really liking a 3rd round player according to ISS and common rankings. Yes we don't know other teams rankings, but let's say he's a real hidden gem from Europe that nobody is really talking about and you can't possibly see him going before the 3rd because he's coming off a serious injury to boot. Would it be ok to draft him in the 1st? I'd call that madness, you can manage your assets way better.

Part of the GM's job is to maximize assets. If you feel the chances of moving down 3-4 spots and still getting your man are great, and you can get a pick or player in compensation to do so, then you do it. It's that calculated risk that sets aside great gm's from bad ones. Surely people get that? There were players in Barzel and Connor that people wanted really badly where we were picking. If you're not going to draft them, your job as GM is to bluff like you are, make some calls, and see if you can move. It's that simple.

member 96824

I was told by some good sources that Barzal and Connor weren't getting past 16 and 17;)

Oh Bruins, even on draft day they're playing defense!

big fan of Senyshyn but these two things popped into my head and I thought they were funny

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was told by some good sources that Barzal and Connor weren't getting past 16 and 17;)

big fan of Senyshyn but these two things popped into my head and I thought they were funny

Never heard Barzal but got it from a good place Boston was going down (Hanifan) and going backwards (Sensyshyn) if they were able to get up for NH. They incorrectly assumed Sensyshyn wasn't going as high as they originally expected until other interested teams had them just select st 15.

The part about Connor I only heard after and from HF Boards or a few of the guys. Those were the 2 guys I thought they were taking as I watched the draft at TD Garden. Shocked was an understatement

If Boston had drafted Barzal & Connor they would be hailed as the next dynasty in the game by message board GMs

member 96824

On Barzal, I trust this source a lot...so you're going to have to bear with me Dan. :)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I understand people giving the B's grief for passing on those two, but I hear very little (here at least) about the awful deal are ex-GM (thankfully) made at 16. The 16th (Barzal) and the 33rd for a guy I believe will be a marginal NHL player (Reinhart).

Absolutely terrible.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On Barzal, I trust this source a lot...so you're going to have to bear with me Dan. :)

I was so pumped for Barzal & Connor I can still conjure up that feeling looking at the big screen:)

I don't doubt you at all

member 96824

I understand people giving the B's grief for passing on those two, but I hear very little (here at least) about the awful deal are ex-GM (thankfully) made at 16. The 16th (Barzal) and the 33rd for a guy I believe will be a marginal NHL player (Reinhart).

Absolutely terrible.

I've seen up close and personal what you would trade for Reinhart! It was much worse!

Jokes aside though, I agree...although not fully sure why it's relevant

Also, aside from missing my joke(Barzal actually went 16, Connor actually 17) not fully sure Dan realizes what he's hinting at above or if I'm just reading that wrong

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I've seen up close and personal what you would trade for Reinhart! It was much worse!

Jokes aside though, I agree...although not fully sure why it's relevant

Also, aside from missing my joke(Barzal actually went 16, Connor actually 17) not fully sure Dan realizes what he's hinting at above or if I'm just reading that wrong

I got the joke, was just commenting on a move that would have been universally panned had the B's GM made it.

ps I traded and then later dealt Reinhart (in our SIM league) before I got to see him play more than a few AHL games

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

Absolutely terrible.

Agree that move was bad too. As I remember Oilers got alot of flake here for the trade, less with mainstream media. But from a mainstream media perspective who learn things to be ready for the show and who's not too much into prospect, Reinhart is a D, wich Oilers badly need, he played for team Canada at the WJC and was draft 4th overall only 3 yeras from now. So, if you don't understand why the Isle (who also need D, like every team in the league) trade a 4th overall pick 3 years after the draft, it do make sense ...

I would say the Oilers move was the worst in that 1st round, Bruins only beat them cause they made two of those move, but they don't have the worst. imho

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Absolutely terrible.

Who cares? We're here to talk about Boston's moves—specifically, Senyshyn in this thread—and not deflect the conversation to a move by another team's GM.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Who cares? We're here to talk about Boston's moves—specifically, Senyshyn in this thread—and not deflect the conversation to a move by another team's GM.

Have you actually read this thread? Senyshyn is one of the few things that has not been discussed :laugh:

At any rate, I was fine with the B's passing on Barzal and Connor for the guys they took. Senysyhn in particular, because I think he would have been gone with the DET pick, and the B's lacked a guy with his skillset (unlike a play making C like Barzal).

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Wait, why doesn't it matter? Let's use the very extreme example of really liking a 3rd round player according to ISS and common rankings. Yes we don't know other teams rankings, but let's say he's a real hidden gem from Europe that nobody is really talking about and you can't possibly see him going before the 3rd because he's coming off a serious injury to boot. Would it be ok to draft him in the 1st? I'd call that madness, you can manage your assets way better.

Part of the GM's job is to maximize assets. If you feel the chances of moving down 3-4 spots and still getting your man are great, and you can get a pick or player in compensation to do so, then you do it. It's that calculated risk that sets aside great gm's from bad ones. Surely people get that? There were players in Barzel and Connor that people wanted really badly where we were picking. If you're not going to draft them, your job as GM is to bluff like you are, make some calls, and see if you can move. It's that simple.

You took something really simple and managed to make it convoluted.

5pointslow

Feb 11, 2015
Taunton ma
pulling for this kid as to some hope for us :yo:

im curious what he brings to camp , saw an interview and said he is determined to the make the team , but then again they all say that

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I was just thinking last night when I heard about the Stammer talks what it's going to take for some of the young low paid kids like Zach to make the team this year?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I was just thinking last night when I heard about the Stammer talks what it's going to take for some of the young low paid kids like Zach to make the team this year?

Have an exceptional camp. I think most have to be considered long shots at this time, but they'll be given a chance to force Sweeney/Claude's hand imo. I think the closest will be players like Ferlin fighting it out for bottom 6 slots instead of any of the recent draftees.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Unless Sweeney plans to tank badly, there is zero chance guys like DeBruk, Lauzon and Senyshyn are noth playing in the CHL next year.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

He'll have to be absolutely phenomenal in camp to get even a 9 game tryout. I doubt the coaches and management would even put him through that, either. It's extremely unlikely, we don't need to rush him. He was one of the younger kids in his draft, and he's a huge riser. It's better to let him refine his game and gain confidence in the CHL for one more year.

5pointslow

Feb 11, 2015
Taunton ma
He'll have to be absolutely phenomenal in camp to get even a 9 game tryout. I doubt the coaches and management would even put him through that, either. It's extremely unlikely, we don't need to rush him. He was one of the younger kids in his draft, and he's a huge riser. It's better to let him refine his game and gain confidence in the CHL for one more year.

what was the deal with pastrnak ? i mean did anyone when drafted think he was going to play right away ?

i guess anything is possible ..but odds are against it

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
what was the deal with pastrnak ? i mean did anyone when drafted think he was going to play right away ?

i guess anything is possible ..but odds are against it

I said he was going to play right away... but Senyshyn's OHL game does not translate to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad