Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I am a great guy. Go for it and I wont feel bad if you put me on ignore so you wont have to even read my garbage.

Is Knight out of hockey?

I stand by views but that report was done by Woodlief or Kirk or one of the RLR scouts- you might want to send Kirk or Kyle and ask if they wrote it and you have a problem with it. They can answer if they so choose. sorry for the confusion if you think it was my take but you can still think I don't know jack about hockey.

To steal and modify a phrase from Everett Mike, I feel better tonight than I did this morning.

I would be a homer except I went off on them in March with my buds one night why they are badly put together, will miss playoffs, need Chiarelli fired, etc....today I like what they are doing and where they are headed

Dan, no disrespect intended. I think you obviously know hockey, probably far more than I ever will. Just having a hard time swallowing the "it's gonna be ok" rhetoric given what we saw today.

The picks don't bother me. If we'd held on to Dougie and still drafted those kids I'd actually be pretty excited (though sad to lose Looch). But to me the Dougie trade is inexcusable.

I get that you like the style of player they're trying to draft, but can you honestly say you're ok with the Dougie trade? They set themselves back at least 5 years. They have no heir apparent to Chara now and no one in the pipeline that's even close to projecting as a number 1.

They started an apparent rebuild by trading the most obvious guy to build around. They then squandered the key piece they got for him by reaching at that #15 spot when they probably could have kept Dougie and still landed Senyshyn with another pick.

Just not sure how you can be ok with all this when some of it is so obviously bad.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
How can anyone disagree? Sweeney had probably the worst day of any GM in NHL history. Absolutely decimated this franchise.

Wow, this might be the absolute most perfect use of the word decimated, because I can totally see this as a 87 point team next year. Intentional or not, word nerds say bravo!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow, this might be the absolute most perfect use of the word decimated, because I can totally see this as a 87 point team next year. Intentional or not, word nerds say bravo!

Worst spot you can be in; Not bad enough to tank, not good enough to take a run at the other top dogs.

Welcome to being a Sabres fan circa 2008-2012

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
'Analysis: A two-way winger with excellent speed and work ethic, Senyshyn has raw offensive skills but still has lots of rough edges to file off. He only managed 45 points in 66 games in the OHL this year and has been criticized for his lack of a physical game.

Grade: F'

Oh lord.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I dislike these trades and succeeding picks greatly. Those who support them are entitled to their opinion. I respectfully disagree with that view.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
'Analysis: A two-way winger with excellent speed and work ethic, Senyshyn has raw offensive skills but still has lots of rough edges to file off. He only managed 45 points in 66 games in the OHL this year and has been criticized for his lack of a physical game.

Oh lord.

You got the grades on the other two? I was at work so i really don't have any clue who those guys are.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Oh lord.

according to bleacher report..they also said zboril was competitive (most had him as an energy lacking negative) and debrusk was a "high-end skater.." most had him as skating as a weakness. all credibility for that writer... 0.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sweeney: Barzal is on the board you say? Let's reach for this guy no one has heard of.

Sweeney has sucked harder in like 2 days than all of Chia's bad moves combined.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I dislike these trades and succeeding picks greatly. Those who support them are entitled to their opinion. I respectfully disagree with that view.

you dislike the lucic trade? most really like it. its not just zboril for lucic. its a backup goalie (need) and a very intriguing Dman (fastest skater, hardest shot, big time production) at the AHL level. that shot btw. 105.5. and it wasn't a fluke. his other 2 attempts registered over 102. He's an interesting player. hes only 22.

You don't like the picks why? barzal and connor and white and konecny and etc etc. I don't want to dump on those players (because they might be good). but ours might be good too. in fact, ours might be better. hampus lindholm was supposed to go in the teens. He went #6. good pick. larrsson was supposed to go #2. he went #4. he still isn't anything. the draft can't be assessed for 3 years. maybe you're right. maybe I'm wrong.

but maybe I'm right, and maybe you're wrong.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
according to bleacher report..they also said zboril was competitive (most had him as an energy lacking negative) and debrusk was a "high-end skater.." most had him as skating as a weakness. all credibility for that writer... 0.

Yeah, Zboril shouldn't be a C-. The guy is full of ****. Dallas reached for the Russian at #12 and he's a C+? Suuuure.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
you dislike the lucic trade? most really like it. its not just zboril for lucic. its a backup goalie (need) and a very intriguing Dman (fastest skater, hardest shot, big time production) at the AHL level. that shot btw. 105.5. and it wasn't a fluke. his other 2 attempts registered over 102. He's an interesting player. hes only 22.

You don't like the picks why? barzal and connor and white and konecny and etc etc. I don't want to dump on those players (because they might be good). but ours might be good too. in fact, ours might be better. hampus lindholm was supposed to go in the teens. He went #6. good pick. larrsson was supposed to go #2. he went #4. he still isn't anything. the draft can't be assessed for 3 years. maybe you're right. maybe I'm wrong.

the picks are fine, but if you know you're going to go off the board then why not keep Dougie? The only key piece they got was #15. That turned into Senyshyn. They very likely could have still made a minor pick swap to ensure they drafted Senyshyn without giving up Dougie. granted there's the contract to worry about, but I think we'll see in the next couple days that his deal would have been doable.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Lucic trade on its own might be very good. With everything else in context? I just don't see anything was done correctly.

Here's the kicker -- we retained half of his cap hit. Yet Sweeney says we are still contending. OKAY then.

The back up goalie we got wants to be a starter and is RFA I believe? He doesn't want to go from 15 games with Quick to 20 with Rask.

That defenseman is a 22/23 year old wannabe Krug. Probably closer to Warsofsky. He is never going to be much of anything. Was a throw in.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
Good kids but not at 14,15......

I believe they expected something bigger to happen and when it fell through they ran out of time to trade down......should never have left negotiations with dougie that late.......they rushed it and blew it and will never live that one down.....

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Lucic trade on its own might be very good. With everything else in context? I just don't see anything was done correctly.

Here's the kicker -- we retained half of his cap hit. Yet Sweeney says we are still contending. OKAY then.

The back up goalie we got wants to be a starter and is RFA I believe? He doesn't want to go from 15 games with Quick to 20 with Rask.

That defenseman is a 22/23 year old wannabe Krug. Probably closer to Warsofsky. He is never going to be much of anything. Was a throw in.

maybe you're right. and maybe I'm wrong. He did improve drastically from his first year. and he was considered a project when drafted. 17 to 52 points is a big time jump though over one year. maybe I'm right, and maybe you're wrong

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
the picks are fine, but if you know you're going to go off the board then why not keep Dougie? The only key piece they got was #15. That turned into Senyshyn. They very likely could have still made a minor pick swap to ensure they drafted Senyshyn without giving up Dougie. granted there's the contract to worry about, but I think we'll see in the next couple days that his deal would have been doable.

if he signs for 6+ per does your tune change? I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to RFA anyway just to see what kind of offersheet he can sign. his agent is one of those types

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if he signs for 6+ per does your tune change? I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to RFA anyway just to see what kind of offersheet he can sign. his agent is one of those types

Under 7 for Dougie would be *great*. Doughty got 7 on his 2nd deal and Dougie's development has been very similar.

I go as high as 7 for sure. Above 7 and I have to think about it, but if you take the Doughty comp and adjust for inflation I probably still go as high as 7.5.

Ask yourself this. If you could have Dougie at 7 mil for the next 8 years or Chara at 7ish for the next 3-4 years (if that) what do you prefer? To me it's a no-brainer.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

No I actually thought the Lucic trade was good value, initially. The rest of it was a disaster in terms of value though IMO. Especially the picks, given where the consensus ranked them.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I am a great guy. Go for it and I wont feel bad if you put me on ignore so you wont have to even read my garbage.

Is Knight out of hockey?

I stand by views but that report was done by Woodlief or Kirk or one of the RLR scouts- you might want to send Kirk or Kyle and ask if they wrote it and you have a problem with it. They can answer if they so choose. sorry for the confusion if you think it was my take but you can still think I don't know jack about hockey.

To steal and modify a phrase from Everett Mike, I feel better tonight than I did this morning.

I would be a homer except I went off on them in March with my buds one night why they are badly put together, will miss playoffs, need Chiarelli fired, etc....today I like what they are doing and where they are headed

I agree with you Dan.....I like the moves - WE NOW HAVE OPTIONS!!!

Rask and Jones - one of them can be moved, moving Rask would free up a ton of cap space....you let it play out this year and see how Jones does for you. If he does well - you could move him for a big return. If he does well, you could turn it over to him and move Rask for a big return. You could also move Subban now to add a talented young D or F

The 3 1st round picks - who knows?? They obviously saw something they really like in Debrusk and Senyshyn. There are guys drafted top 5 who don't do squat and there are guys drafted in the 5th round who become stud players. I don't care if some consider it a reach now - see me in 4 or 5 years when we really know who becomes what. If Senyshyn becomes a 20-25 goal guy with speed - isn't that essentially what Lucic is/was?

People gotta remember - Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, etc. were all 2nd round picks.....Dan Paille was a 1st round pick. Draft position doesn't mean a ton when the dust settles.

Lucic - I'm glad he's gone......he's played like garbage most nights for the past 3 years......he is nowhere near the presence he was in his early 20's. Lucic is now approaching 30 and in my opinion has peaked. Honestly....I don't care who it is, but if you give the terrible effort he gave most nights this season - I want you off my team. It was painful this year to watch him barely move his feet and look completely disinterested night after night.

Hamilton - I liked Dougie, but you can't give him the money he was asking for at this time. He is not that caliber of player and he plays incredibly soft for a player of his size.

Everyone needs to relax and see where this leads......the team now has options to make moves and pursue the Free Agent route or trade route to add players. I have a feeling they are going to wind up with a player in the Okposo, Oshie realm.

I'm not down at all on what they are doing......but I need to see the finished product as these moves are just the beginning of the reshaping of this team

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I agree with you Dan.....I like the moves - WE NOW HAVE OPTIONS!!!

Everyone needs to relax and see where this leads......the team now has options to make moves and pursue the Free Agent route or trade route to add players. I have a feeling they are going to wind up with a player in the Okposo, Oshie realm.

If you have to pursue the FA route, you overpay, period. July 1 is a crazy day, July 2 is a day of buyer's remorse every year. July 1 is the day teams put themselves in cap jail by spending millions on David Clarkson. There's just not a lot of room to get FA's. And what assets do the B's have left to get a guy like an Okposo or an Oshie (both of whom I really, really like)? Doug Armstrong certainly looks willing to make a "hockey trade," has a ton of D and has made Oshie available, but what do the B's have to give him that would make his team (a contender) better NOW? Garth Snow is not afraid to deal, but what do the B's have to give him for Okposo? It took basically 2 1sts (OK, 16 & 33) for Reinhart.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
maybe you're right. and maybe I'm wrong. He did improve drastically from his first year. and he was considered a project when drafted. 17 to 52 points is a big time jump though over one year. maybe I'm right, and maybe you're wrong

I hope I am.

6'1, 173 isn't big.

10 points, 2 goals in 19 playoff games.

Fast perhaps. Hopefully he works because we are now back to:

CHARA and SEIDENBERG playing point on PPs with Hamilton gone.

JCLiponfanboy*

Look for him to have a great draft +1 season. I am one of his few fans on HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad