Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I subscribe to a couple of scouting publications and get a the magazines

If we are all going to hate the pick I think we need to be able to know a bit about the guy we got. I'm a bit off on this because I absolutely loved this guy and thought he would get into first round late but 15??? but....I like him so if he is as good as I think it shouldn't matter. Bottom line to me he plays like I want Bruins wingers to play

Here is Red Line and the Hockey News (I'll get ISS up when I go back to work my bud has it there- although he belongs here so he can put it up if he wants)

RED LINE

Wow! This kid has a fabulous package of tools to work from, and just got better and better seemingly every game throughout the season. Good size and skill with a lightening quick release. Shows tremendous speed in open ice and eats up ground with a powerful stride. Gets in on defenders so quickly on the forecheck and intimidates with his pounding physical presence. Plays along the walls with power and is very tough to move from the front of the net. Goes hard into the corners and outworks and outmuscles his opponent. Comes back on the back check as he goes up the ice. Has good puck skills to compliment his physical game. Versatile and can contribute in any role, on any line, and on both special teams. He has the makings of a strong power forward with speed.

PROJECTION: Big, Fast, aggressive second line scoring wing.

STYLE COMPARES to: Brandon Saad

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If we are all going to hate the pick I think we need to be able to know a bit about the guy we got. I'm a bit off on this because I absolutely loved this guy and thought he would get into first round late but 15??? but....I like him so if he is as good as I think it shouldn't matter. Bottom line to me he plays like I want Bruins wingers to play

Here is Red Line and the Hockey News (I'll get ISS up when I go back to work my bud has it there- although he belongs here so he can put it up if he wants)

RED LINE

Wow! This kid has a fabulous package of tools to work from, and just got better and better seemingly every game throughout the season. Good size and skill with a lightening quick release. Shows tremendous speed in open ice and eats up ground with a powerful stride. Gets in on defenders so quickly on the forecheck and intimidates with his pounding physical presence. Plays along the walls with power and is very tough to move from the front of the net. Goes hard into the corners and outworks and outmuscles his opponent. Comes back on the back check as he goes up the ice. Has good puck skills to compliment his physical game. Versatile and can contribute in any role, on any line, and on both special teams. He has the makings of a strong power forward with speed.

If you can tell(promise) me he is Brandon saad in 2 years then I can live with that somehow.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
That's fine and dandy that he'll be a decent player and all, but we still wasted a valuable 1st round pick on him, when we had a decent amount of 2nds to get him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

RED LINE

thanks

I dislike the disdain for draft picks that are reaches. reaches are all relative. a reach to analyst X is a steal to scout Y. I like everything i hear about the kid. big, fast, physical. so he's "rated" in the 40s. In 10 years no one cares. does anyone remember where bergeron was rated? subban? of course not. It's about who pans out and who doesn't. If senyshyn turns out a better player than the "highly rated" guys, i won't be surprised. If he busts, I won't be surprised. But i will kill the bruins for it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
And yet projected 2nd rounder?

It tells me just how good the 1st round was.

Why settle for a #4 defenseman, #2nd/3rd line forward... when you could get a top pairing defenseman or top liner (hypothetically speaking). Sure, that 3rd line Ryder might be decent some day, but man wouldn't Bergeron be so much better?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I have no problem with the player... Barely know of him. But if he's alright with DKH and the scouting staff then he's alright with me. I think the only iffy thing is the fact he was projected to go about 49 overall.. And where as the Bruins have 3 second round picks... But anyways. I hope this kid keeps this short but solid trend of drafting the Bruins have going.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How do you not see this as a reach at 15?

who are you talking to ? I wrote about what I thought....I figured 25-35 and where I had him but I loved what ISS, RLR, hockey news and others said

I'm not defending the position of the pick- I am saying I really like this guy so if he makes it great

Boston to me drafted 3 Bruins- three guys who play hard and go to the net or defend it, have high hockey IQ

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That's fine and dandy that he'll be a decent player and all, but we still wasted a valuable 1st round pick on him, when we had a decent amount of 2nds to get him.

what if a team in the 20s really liked him like the bruins did. the bruins pass as you suggest, on the guy they really like, because he'll be there at 37. then he goes 29, and turns into a stud. sweeney never forgives himself. Isn't there a story where the bruins took lucic earlier then they wanted to because they thought he might be available in the 3rd but decided on the 2nd. pretty good move to just take the guy instead of trying to get cute.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
DKH.. I always take your posts seriously.

But, your assessment seems a bit off. If he is what the scouting and your report say he is, he's much further along than Brandon Sàad

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
How do you not see this as a reach at 15?

Because it really is irrelevant to me where the talking heads "projected him to go."

Anyone who knows the game of scouting knows that all of these NHL scouts spend hours upon hours together and know how certain teams feel about certain players.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
DKH.. I always take your posts seriously.

But, your assessment seems a bit off. If he is what the scouting and your report say he is, he's much further along than Brandon Sàad

i think his report is just a copy and paste from a scouting publication, to add a bit more credibility

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
zack senyshen biggest comparison is kris kreider. that is what sweeney and neely envision in 2 years.
however, he can also turn out to be jordan caron as well.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
In middle part of first round you don't take a guy projected to be a good second liner AT BEST !
He really really look like daniel paille 2.0

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
zack senyshen biggest comparison is kris kreider. that is what sweeney and neely envision in 2 years.
however, he can also turn out to be jordan caron as well

Congrats on summing up the draft in a nutshell.

There is a reason why 60% of the kids picked never play in the league.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
however, he can also turn out to be jordan caron as well.

in terms of impact maybe, but not in style. caron is slow, senyshyn is fast.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will keep an open mind on this pick ( and the others as well )

If the Bruins hadn't made the trades today, who would they have picked of the 3 they did?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have no problem with the player... Barely know of him. But if he's alright with DKH and the scouting staff then he's alright with me. I think the only iffy thing is the fact he was projected to go about 49 overall.. And where as the Bruins have 3 second round picks... But anyways. I hope this kid keeps this short but solid trend of drafting the Bruins have going.

I made a list of guys 25 I liked after first obvious five guys (for instance didn't put Kylington in there or some soft guys who were rated first round but I didn't like their games)

all 3 of these were in my list before 20

I hear Dom loved the Sensyshn pick but didn't talk to him- Dom covers that league and he knows those scouts so go by him not me....if Dom does indeed like ZS then there you go. Dom aint perfect but he's pretty damn good on this stuff and I trust him on his calls

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
In middle part of first round you don't take a guy projected to be a good second liner AT BEST !
He really really look like daniel paille 2.0

If you draft a kid that turns out to be a good second liner, you succeeded with that draft pick unless you are talking about the #1 overall pick.

Lord, people are so oblivious to how few of these kids will actually become successful NHLers.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
If you draft a kid that turns out to be a good second liner, you succeeded with that draft pick unless you are talking about the #1 overall pick.

Lord, people are so oblivious to how few of these kids will actually become successful NHLers.

Again, i am not again this kid, i am again we take him when we can get a lot lot better player
He can turn in a very good second liner GREAT
BUT THE CHANCE TO SEE THE 2 guys we don't taked become really good first liner or at worst very good second liners are hundred of times better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad