Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
DKH.. I always take your posts seriously.

But, your assessment seems a bit off. If he is what the scouting and your report say he is, he's much further along than Brandon Sàad

They are talking about the Brandon Sàad from 3 years ago. ;)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DKH.. I always take your posts seriously.

But, your assessment seems a bit off. If he is what the scouting and your report say he is, he's much further along than Brandon Sàad
this was Red Lines

not me

ISS liked him as well but I don't have it here.....Hockey News scouts gave opinions and they really liked him

I am shocked it was 15 but I am not shocked they took him

I'm happy this is the type of guy they want

I know **** on him

but if Woodlief likes him, ISS likes him, the hockey news scouts like him, Dom and Kirk like him....well there is a pattern here

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Again, i am not again this kid, i am again we take him when we can get a lot lot better player
He can turn in a very good second liner GREAT
BUT THE CHANCE TO SEE THE 2 guys we don't taked become really good first liner or at worst very good second liners are hundred of times better

Who says anyone that was "ranked" ahead of him will actually be better players. If the players all turned out like how they were "ranked" Pavel Datsyuk would have never made the 6th round.

If in 3 years Zach Senyshyn is a top 10 prospect, people will be crowning Keith Gretzky as king.

That's the whole point, stop buying what the talking heads on TV are selling. Who cares where Craig Button ranked Zach Senyshyn? Craig Button was a terrible GM and that's why he is working as a TV analyst and not in the game.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
with all due respect to you, Dan...you seem like a great guy, but I think I'm taking what you say with a major grain of salt from now on.

How is this post any different than your love for Knight who was a total bust? That whole paragraph reads a lot like Knight's scouting report too.

You lobbied harder for Sweeney than anyone else here and look at us now.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Honest question. Is he a lock for the World Junior team? If not, he's not going to help us anytime soon. Waste of a pick when we could have had Barzal. I know it's not a for-sure bet that World Juniors = surefire NHLer. But it's a good way to give your fans hope.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Who says anyone that was "ranked" ahead of him will actually be better players. If the players all turned out like how they were "ranked" Pavel Datsyuk would have never made the 6th round.

If in 3 years Zach Senyshyn is a top 10 prospect, people will be crowning Keith Gretzky as king.

That's the whole point, stop buying what the talking heads on TV are selling. Who cares where Craig Button ranked Zach Senyshyn? Craig Button was a terrible GM and that's why he is working as a TV analyst and not in the game.

Believe me i wish you are right !!!! Sincerely, but a guy who got 40 pts in junior will never break nhl records ))))))

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Here's the thing...without Dougie, this team is going to be mediocre at best in 3 years. People are going to be way too upset at the state of the team in 3 years to give a crap if they were right to reach on Senyshyn today.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Believe me i wish you are right !!!! Sincerely, but a guy who got 40 pts in junior will never break nhl records ))))))

Well, it's a good thing you don't need to break NHL records in order to become a good NHLer.

Also, if point totals in juniors meant sure success Zach Hamill and his 90 point junior years would have meant he was going to be a super star in the NHL.

Relax. Let the kid develop and wait to see what he actually becomes.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Here's the thing...without Dougie, this team is going to be mediocre at best in 3 years. People are going to be way too upset at the state of the team in 3 years to give a crap if they were right to reach on Senyshyn today.

:laugh:

Things change quickly. 3 years ago the Bruins were a team built for long term success.

But please stop acting like Dougie Hamilton is a prime Ray Bourque. He was a good defensivemen with a lot of holes still in his game.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010

GoldenBoyDougie could still be mediocre on defence in three years and that would mean Boston made the right move. It's called a rebuild for a reason and there's some ups and downs thrown in along the way. Last year was a pretty dull team, wasn't it. Buffalo and Florida and Ottawa getting better. Boston made their future move now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
maybe I'm wrong but my kid asked me what I think they were thinking and here it is

objective 1: get younger, more skilled, and faster on the D. They got a good one in Zboril and will likely draft at least one if not 2 or 3 tomorrow in a deep, deep second round that should feature a chance to get another future regular D.

objective 2: get skilled and fast wingers who will go to the dirty areas and can finish.

really obvious this is exactly what they did- draft spots aside, I like what they got

also, to me Sweeney went this way because he has faith in center group. Bergeron and Krejci should be here for many more years and Spooner and koko are guys he likes and drafted. Danton Heinen who has Bergeronesque skills my buds tell me would go in the first round this year and he's a center and was second to only Eichel in scoring in college hockey

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
GoldenBoyDougie could still be mediocre on defence in three years and that would mean Boston made the right move. It's called a rebuild for a reason and there's some ups and downs thrown in along the way. Last year was a pretty dull team, wasn't it. Buffalo and Florida and Ottawa getting better. Boston made their move now.

Yeah and watch them keep Chara and Krejci so they can pretend it's not a rebuild.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I like the three prospects we got. It just disturbs me that we could have had two in the second round... Barzal and Connor are two potential stars. Some question Connor, saying he stagnated in a weaker USHL... Fine, but passing on Barzal was absolutely ridiculous. He's a top 5 talent, IMO. We're going to regret that. He fell right into our laps.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
They reached. The only people that don't see it are within the organization.

On one hand I want them to get "their guys", but it appears as though they ignored the rest of the league in the process. About as bad as it gets.

I had a some faith in Sweeney given the way he was talked up by some posters here. Nothing but fluff. Should have known better.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
GoldenBoyDougie could still be mediocre on defence in three years and that would mean Boston made the right move. It's called a rebuild for a reason and there's some ups and downs thrown in along the way. Last year was a pretty dull team, wasn't it. Buffalo and Florida and Ottawa getting better. Boston made their future move now.

well said

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
:laugh:

Things change quickly. 3 years ago the Bruins were a team built for long term success.

But please stop acting like Dougie Hamilton is a prime Ray Bourque. He was a good defensivemen with a lot of holes still in his game.

nobody's calling him Ray Bourque. Maybe instead of making silly straw man arguments you consider the reality of the situation. Dougie's numbers in his first 3 years have improved year over year and compare very favorably to guys like Doughty and Hedman. His development has actually been very similar to Doughty who got 7 mil per year on his 2nd contract (and won a cup in the first year of that deal).

So yes, Dougie is not Ray Bourque, but in today's NHL he's developing very much like a Drew Doughty who is now a top 3 D in the NHL.

And whether Dougie has holes in his game or not (what D doesn't?)...the fact is that there is NO ONE in the Bruins system that has a chance of being a number 1 D-man in a few years when Chara is gone. Dougie was that guy and now he's gone. If you look at the Bruins D right at this moment they have Chara and then NO OTHER TOP 4 D. Every other guy they have is a bottom pair guy at best or an AHLer at worst. They traded away Boychuk and Dougie who were their 2/3 guys. Seids was statistically the worst D on the team last year. looking at the numbers and taking emotion out of it, Seids is no longer a top 4 D. And guys like Krug, McQuaid, and Miller are not top 4 guys either.

So yeah this is a team with no #2, #3, or #4 D and no one to fill those spots in the future. And an ancient #1 D with nobody to take his place.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
maybe I'm wrong but my kid asked me what I think they were thinking and here it is

objective 1: get younger, more skilled, and faster on the D. They got a good one in Zboril and will likely draft at least one if not 2 or 3 tomorrow in a deep, deep second round that should feature a chance to get another future regular D.

objective 2: get skilled and fast wingers who will go to the dirty areas and can finish.

really obvious this is exactly what they did- draft spots aside, I like what they got

also, to me Sweeney went this way because he has faith in center group. Bergeron and Krejci should be here for many more years and Spooner and koko are guys he likes and drafted. Danton Heinen who has Bergeronesque skills my buds tell me would go in the first round this year and he's a center and was second to only Eichel in scoring in college hockey

bingo on the reason they didn't take barzal or connor. lets not forget donato either, another center. Sweeney is different in chiarelli in that way. He's not a BPA guy. He's sees each player as they fit on the roster. Need to replace boychuk, draft zboril. want a goal scorer to play with playmakers in spooner, koko, krejci..draft debrusk. Want Speed, power, and upside in the middle six, draft senyshyn. People can hate the picks, but I can see the fits and the future roster having some real cohesion. no goalie in the 1st because hes "BPA." what did BPA get chiarelli in 07-09, and 12?

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
What I don't understand is Jake DeBrusk.

Agreed 100%. No reason to take Debrusk over Connor. That's dumb scouting. I have no problem if the B's had Senyshyn in their own top 15, but if you know that days in advance of the draft, then you have to have a plan to trade back.

This day would be way more palatable if it were, 13) Zboril, 14) Connor and then something like 22) Senyshyn with us acquiring another 2nd rounder for moving back.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't have a problem with the picks. I'm not the guy to evaluate junior hockey talent. I trust that they genuinely think these guys are good and some very smart people like Dom and Kirk agree with them.

My problem is that they could have kept Dougie and still had the 13th and 14th picks. They could have drafted Zboril and Debrusk and then still could have traded up into the late first to grab Senyshyn. All without losing Dougie.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I really like Senyshyn and I'm glad he's ours but we should have traded down for him. Same with DeBrusk.
3 prime spots that teams would have been all over.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
with all due respect to you, Dan...you seem like a great guy, but I think I'm taking what you say with a major grain of salt from now on.

How is this post any different than your love for Knight who was a total bust? That whole paragraph reads a lot like Knight's scouting report too.

You lobbied harder for Sweeney than anyone else here and look at us now.

I am a great guy. Go for it and I wont feel bad if you put me on ignore so you wont have to even read my garbage.

Is Knight out of hockey?

I stand by views but that report was done by Woodlief or Kirk or one of the RLR scouts- you might want to send Kirk or Kyle and ask if they wrote it and you have a problem with it. They can answer if they so choose. sorry for the confusion if you think it was my take but you can still think I don't know jack about hockey.

To steal and modify a phrase from Everett Mike, I feel better tonight than I did this morning.

I would be a homer except I went off on them in March with my buds one night why they are badly put together, will miss playoffs, need Chiarelli fired, etc....today I like what they are doing and where they are headed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad