Prospect Info: Zach Senyshyn who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpk

May 5, 2016
Montreal, QC
I've watched a lot of hockey in the OHL, probably more than most combined here. And even watching them, as much as I do, I make mistakes. Or more correctly, my opinion was incorrect.

Fact of the matter is that even watching them, it's a matter of opinion.

If someone has any knowledge of an exact science when it comes to drafting, I beg of them to share it with me because I could make us both rich.

Well said Dom. I really appreciate your knowledge, insight and work. A matter of opinion for sure. However, any opinion has to be based in hockey knowledge and experience in order to be somewhat valid. I think it is imperative that people take a 360 degree approach (looking at things from multiple points of view or directions) to scouting much like any other endeavor.

An exact science it is not!! lol

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hey David,

It's Andrew (from Dev Camp). Welcome to HFBoards. Your posts came just in time. With Connor signing with WPG and likely to make a splash in season one, I fear a few of the posters here might commit harakiri.

Looking forward to the 2016 draft and development camp this summer. You better be there!

Go Bruins!

ddpk

May 5, 2016
Montreal, QC
I probably count as a hater on those because I didn't liked the picks. I still don't like them, nothing against the players themself, I think they have great potential as bottom 6 foward or 3rd wheel on a 2nd line. But, thanks to our amazing later round pick, we seems to have alot of depth in the farm for those role. Same for the defense, we have tons of guys who will play, but no top pairing guys. Now we are left scrambling trying to find top end talent in a less than ideal situation with those 2016 picks when we had an amazing opportunity to grab one, two or three top end talent last year. Of all our offensive prospect, Heinen is the only one I feel comfortable to expect a top six guy.

I'm sure they had their reason to do that, it wasn't a shot in the dark, but looking at it from every angle I can't understand it. In the short term 3rd wheel and bottom sixer are our need because we have the luxury to have two of the best center in the game to drive the top 6. What after? We are in a situation where we can't win now because of the black hole in defense and our last chance to win is in the next 3 years while Bergeron-Krejci can still play at the top of there game because after that our offense don't have any driver. For those years only complimentary player are needed, but what make Debrusk and Senyshyn safer bet to be complimentary player? Barzal, White, Connor have higher ceiling yes, but that doesn't mean they can't developp into complimentary player in the short term as well.

So, to conclude, I don't think our prospect aren't good, but we pass on a chance to draft guys with higher ceiling who are as safe or safer. So we picked the moderate/low reward, moderate/high risk prospect when we could have draft the moderate/high reward, moderate/high risk ones.

I respect your opinions and POV. You believe the Bruins 'passed', 'reached', and those players mentioned above have a higher ceiling etc. I don't. Who is to say that selecting Barzal, Connor, and White or a combo of these players makes the Bruins better off. The fact is we don't know. With the Bruins current C position, ie. Krejci, Bergeron, Spooner/Czarnik, Acciari and JFK in the NCAA I feel it was more important to find and select pure goal scorers and finishers. Something that most people on these boards have been clamouring for since the middle ages. LOL. Perhaps a Logan Brown this year or at some point the Bruins will have to land or draft a bonafide number 1 C. I don't think Barzal and/or Connor are that. Again, just my pov based on a myriad of factors. Merci pour tes commentaires :)

ddpk

May 5, 2016
Montreal, QC
Hey David,

It's Andrew (from Dev Camp). Welcome to HFBoards. Your posts came just in time. With Connor signing with WPG and likely to make a splash in season one, I fear a few of the posters here might commit harakiri.

Looking forward to the 2016 draft and development camp this summer. You better be there!

Go Bruins!

Andrew!!!! I will be there for sure :)

I liked Connor too but there is more to it than that. He's a Jet. Let's see what he and other prospects, who are in their first year PRO (NHL), do in a strong and punishing WF.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
I respect your opinions and POV. You believe the Bruins 'passed', 'reached', and those players mentioned above have a higher ceiling etc. I don't. Who is to say that selecting Barzal, Connor, and White or a combo of these players makes the Bruins better off. The fact is we don't know. With the Bruins current C position, ie. Krejci, Bergeron, Spooner/Czarnik, Acciari and JFK in the NCAA I feel it was more important to find and select pure goal scorers and finishers. Something that most people on these boards have been clamouring for since the middle ages. LOL. Perhaps a Logan Brown this year or at some point the Bruins will have to land or draft a bonafide number 1 C. I don't think Barzal and/or Connor are that. Again, just my pov based on a myriad of factors. Merci pour tes commentaires :)

I do think they have a higher ceiling, of course a couple of year can change alot of thing and I might be glad saying I was wrong at that time.

They are prospect, so we don't know for sure if x or y prospect would make the Bruins better off. Totally agree with you, I'm just giving my own opinion and not fact.

I'm not one of those who wanted a goal scorer. Those type of player are extremely hot and cold and they depend highly from their teamate. They are complementary player to the guy driving the line and creating the offense. So they can't make everyone happy :laugh:

To me all three of the guy I said have top 6 potential, with a max upside as a top liner (and not as a 3rd wheel). To me again, our two picks have top 9 potential with max upside as 3rd wheel on a line in the top 6. So impact 3rd liner or 2nd line filer.

And finally, I don't buy the center argument even if they really could have go that way. I just can't agree with them. Krejci and Bergeron are over 30. Spooner will never be more than a Ribeiro-Brière center at best (someone who can produce but need to be highly sheltred) so you like to have him arround but it doesn't influence decision. Acciari is a 4th liner, JFK wasn't drafted and Czarnik is far from a "can't miss".

So we don't really have space right now at center, but we could have space in 3-4 years. How many of those years will pass before prospects would have been ready? Would it have been so bad if they had to play Connor on Krejci or Bergerons wing for a couple of year à la Seguin?

Anyway, like you and Dom said, scouting is far from an exact science, we all have been wrong and right and it will be fun in the future to see wich of our guys will meet excpectation and wich will not.

Merci d'ignorer le fait que mon anglais est très mauvais ;)

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I do think they have a higher ceiling, of course a couple of year can change alot of thing and I might be glad saying I was wrong at that time.

They are prospect, so we don't know for sure if x or y prospect would make the Bruins better off. Totally agree with you, I'm just giving my own opinion and not fact.

I'm not one of those who wanted a goal scorer. Those type of player are extremely hot and cold and they depend highly from their teamate. They are complementary player to the guy driving the line and creating the offense. So they can't make everyone happy :laugh:

To me all three of the guy I said have top 6 potential, with a max upside as a top liner (and not as a 3rd wheel). To me again, our two picks have top 9 potential with max upside as 3rd wheel on a line in the top 6. So impact 3rd liner or 2nd line filer.

And finally, I don't buy the center argument even if they really could have go that way. I just can't agree with them. Krejci and Bergeron are over 30. Spooner will never be more than a Ribeiro-Brière center at best (someone who can produce but need to be highly sheltred) so you like to have him arround but it doesn't influence decision. Acciari is a 4th liner, JFK wasn't drafted and Czarnik is far from a "can't miss".

So we don't really have space right now at center, but we could have space in 3-4 years. How many of those years will pass before prospects would have been ready? Would it have been so bad if they had to play Connor on Krejci or Bergerons wing for a couple of year à la Seguin?

Anyway, like you and Dom said, scouting is far from an exact science, we all have been wrong and right and it will be fun in the future to see wich of our guys will meet excpectation and wich will not.

Merci d'ignorer le fait que mon anglais est très mauvais ;)

Your English is actually quite good for someone for whom it's not their first language. I can't imagine if I had to post in French!

I respect your opinions and agree with you - it's going to be a few years before we can really evaluate if the Bruins 2015 picks were good or bad.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

I saw Logan Brown play as a 15-year-old in the camp of a USHL Clark Cup-winning team a couple years back. He was the best player on the ice, and it wasn't close. His father (and the team's coach), I don't think, wanted him playing against 20-year-olds at that age (both of them went to the OHL the next year). He was huge, fast and had incredible hands as a 15-y/o. Haven't seen him since other than a couple of 16U "AAA" games that season, but I'd love to have Logan Brown in black & gold.

I'm excited about JFK - I think he's going to be a really good value pick. Worked with a guy who was his team's announcer in the USHL and he loved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad