Injury Report: Zach Parise (Jan 23: Playing Tonight!)

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I have a feeling that this is the start of our epic slide. Losing our best goal scorer going into this stretch of games is going to be a horrible combination.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That's what I was thinking, if it really is just a bruise there's no way it should take 3 weeks.

Yeah, it can. I thought I broke my hand in rec basketball and ended up with a grade three sprain and a deep bone bruise and it took 6 weeks to completely heal and I couldn't grip the ball without pain for about 3 weeks.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
If a contusion is bad enough with surrounding muscle and possible tendon damage, it could keep someone out for two weeks [one week no work on it, one week rehab). Still this is rare. Even rarer, internal bleeding that seeps into the surrounding tissue can also cause a condition called compartment syndrome [I'm in my last year to become a D.C., just took multiple musculoskeletal and physical diagnosis boards (part II boards)]. Now, we probably would know if he had this, because it basically always requires a surgical intervention. Precautions?

Maybe. It's still fishy.

Yet three weeks is suspicious. Hockey players can many times play almost a month after a fracture to one of the foot bones because the boot of a hockey skate provides much stability in addition to some sort of wrap. I believe Jeff Carter is playing again, and it wasn't all that long ago he suffered a fracture foot structure.

Carter was out about three and a half weeks

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, it can. I thought I broke my hand in rec basketball and ended up with a grade three sprain and a deep bone bruise and it took 6 weeks to completely heal and I couldn't grip the ball without pain for about 3 weeks.

It's hard to generalize across different sports, body parts, and severity of injuries though. I've broken four fingers and when I did it in football I was out about a week but basketball was closer to 3 weeks.

I guess I shouldn't be claiming that he should absolutely be able to play in less than three weeks, it just seemed a little long to me.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Zack was just on the 93x morning show and he said that he's wearing a walking boot and 3 weeks is the worst case scenario for time he will be out. He said he thinks ihe should be back much sooner than that. This is great news! :handclap:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Zack was just on the 93x morning show and he said that he's wearing a walking boot and 3 weeks is the worst case scenario for time he will be out. He said he thinks ihe should be back much sooner than that. This is great news! :handclap:

That's great. Thanks for the info!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Yeo was on KFAN and said he doubts he won't be back in 10 days.

mkoivu9*

Still out there. Expect to see him back next week if not sooner/

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 33 s

#mnwild line rushes: Zach Parise on the first line with Mikko Koivu and Charlie Coyle. Unreal

Wow.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Russo said:
If Parise plays, it's clear Jason Zucker will be adiosed and Mike Rupp, Nate Prosser and Matt Dumba scratched. Harding/Kuemper only ?

Poll: Is Parise a human?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Wow. I get he likely has a very high pain tolerance, but I hope he doesn't try to play and then ends up with something worse

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Honestly, I'm 1000000% fine with him taking tonight off and letting that thing heal for 3 days before Colorado.

Still absolutely amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad