Injury Report: Zach Parise (Jan 23: Playing Tonight!)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Jack-Nicholson.gif

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This is devastating. Are we talking a week, 4-6 weeks, season ending? Not knowing right now is so frustrating. The away game delayed the testing, I am sure.

I woke up this morning depressed, it was the main thing on my mind. I pray that it's minor.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Guessing 4-6 weeks with a fractured foot.

Lineup is really going to stink because you KNOW that Yeo is going to let Heatley play in the top six.

IMO he should go:

Nino - Koivu - Pominville
Zucker - Coyle - Fontaine
Cooke - Brodziak - Haula
Rupp - Konopka - Heatley

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This is devastating. Are we talking a week, 4-6 weeks, season ending? Not knowing right now is so frustrating. The away game delayed the testing, I am sure.

I woke up this morning depressed, it was the main thing on my mind. I pray that it's minor.

I posted it in the "Fire Yeo" thread I think, but the standard healing time for a fractured foot is 4-6 weeks. I would imagine New Years Eve game at the latest.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Lineup is really going to stink because you KNOW that Yeo is going to let Heatley play in the top six.

IMO he should go:

Cooke - Brodziak - Haula
Rupp - Konopka - Heatley

Russo is pretty keen on Granlund coming back either tomorrow or Friday since they didn't put him on LTIR. Let's hope so. The loss of Zach won't sting nearly as much

Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Pommers
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Rupp-Konopka-Heater

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
The fact that he came out for 3 more shifts after the injury tells me it's not too serious. Hopefully it's just a game or two.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Russo is pretty keen on Granlund coming back either tomorrow or Friday since they didn't put him on LTIR. Let's hope so. The loss of Zach won't sting nearly as much

Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Pommers
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Rupp-Konopka-Heater

I would tolerate this.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The fact that he came out for 3 more shifts after the injury tells me it's not too serious. Hopefully it's just a game or two.

Highly doubt it will be that quick. We are still too early in the season to not let Zach heal to 100% rather than to continue to play on it and risk the odds of aggravating it even worse than it is. When Ovy played on it, it was the playoffs not 50 more games to go basically.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The optimist in me is just saying they were holding him out as precaution and it's just a really bad bruise.

If it's a fracture, I am sad.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I posted it in the "Fire Yeo" thread I think, but the standard healing time for a fractured foot is 4-6 weeks. I would imagine New Years Eve game at the latest.

Thanks.

Well, 4-6 weeks is tough but it could be worse if this is what it turns out to be. Look at Rose with the Bulls. Thank God we aren't dealing with something like that. But still, if it is 4-6 weeks, players are just going to have to step up.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Thanks.

Well, 4-6 weeks is tough but it could be worse if this is what it turns out to be. Look at Rose with the Bulls. Thank God we aren't dealing with something like that. But still, if it is 4-6 weeks, players are just going to have to step up.

The only thing that makes this really suck is the timing. We are playing some of the best teams in the West/League in the next 4 weeks.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009

IMO he should go:

Cooke - Brodziak - Haula
Rupp - Konopka - Heatley

Haula is not ready..in 20 AHL games hasnt scored a even strength goal yet and his plus minus is not great--he needs more seasoning, IMO.
Bulmer is better suited for 3rd line duty and already has proven he can play in the league. After watching the game last night more size on the walls is needed, throwing Haula who plays a soft game on the third line playing his opposite wing...???

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

That's not really a good indicator at all. The thing about taking a puck to the foot is that it just stings but is playable until you take your skate off. Once the skate comes off the foot will puff up and start to hurt like hell.

Jeff Carter had the same thing happen earlier this year, he was able to finish the game despite having broken his foot blocking a shot. He came back last night after missing just under 4 weeks.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
A line of Rupp-Konopka-Heatley?

Seriously?

Are you all that keen on putting out a Turtle line? And not in the Teenage Mutant sort of awesome sense, but the Slowskis?

If Parise is out for a month, but Granlund back;
Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Pominville-Granlund-Heatley
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Zucker back to Houston Iowa.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
A line of Rupp-Konopka-Heatley?

Seriously?

Are you all that keen on putting out a Turtle line? And not in the Teenage Mutant sort of awesome sense, but the Slowskis?

If Parise is out for a month, but Granlund back;
Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Pominville-Granlund-Heatley
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Zucker back to Houston Iowa.

Mitchell is injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad