Injury Report: Zach Parise (Jan 23: Playing Tonight!)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Breaking the third line to make the 4th line less slow? Ehhhhhhh....I don't know. Yeah, that is the slowest line in hockey, but putting Heater anywhere but the 4th line this year has been universally disastrous.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
PariseBlockSteenShotFoot.gif

Billy Mays Here*

Now we'll see what this team is really made of. Injuries building up and a tough schedule ahead. You won't get a better chance to prove yourself than right now Zucker.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
We need to acquire 1 or 2 defenseman, one of those guys needs to be top 4. We have scoring if our guys step it up that can cover Parise. We need defense so we can shut down the other teams, score the goals we need to. Solid goaltending in Harding/Backstrom tandem confident in that. Im guessing Parise has a broken ankle.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Anyone know if this is long term or what? Because I literally just traded for Parise in my fantasy pool 2 days ago -.-"

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Bruise. Okay. I can live with that...so we get him back mid-december.

I just hope the kids can step it up.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Before we play without Parise..

15-6-4

2-3 weeks

If its 3 weeks its december 17th roughly return if its 2 weeks then its 10th roughly, so he misses the following games:

Nov 27th vs Pho
nov 29th vs. Col
Nov 30th @ Col
Dec 2nd vs Phi
Dec 5th vs Chi
Dec 6th @ CBS
Dec 8th vs. SJ

-------- If thats the 2 weeks

Dec 11th @ Ana
Dec 12th @ Sj
Dec 14th @ Col
Dec 17th vs. Van - his return if its 3 weeks

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
ETA: ^ Thanks for that. Well, the next several games were going to be tough regardless. Let's hope it's 2 weeks only.

Russo just reported 2-3 weeks with a bruised foot. Thank god it's not broken at least.

This is great news!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dodged a MAJOR bullet. Still, it's gonna be tough. Players are gonna have to step up in a big way. Zucker, you want to make a point and stay up here? Now is the time to earn it. These upcoming weeks are about separating the men from the boys. Get it together!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Dodged a MAJOR bullet. Still, it's gonna be tough. Players are gonna have to step up in a big way. Zucker, you want to make a point and stay up here? Now is the time to earn it. These upcoming weeks are about separating the men from the boys. Get it together!

This I hope Granlund is okay. I think coyle needs to be on the top line.

J22*

Russo just reported 2-3 weeks with a bruised foot. Thank god it's not broken at least.

There's something about that report that doesnt add up to me. How can you put a timetable on a bruise? If nothing is broken there is no way it would take 3 weeks to be able to skate again.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
There's something about that report that doesnt add up to me. How can you put a timetable on a bruise? If nothing is broken there is no way it would take 3 weeks to be able to skate again.

That's what I was thinking, if it really is just a bruise there's no way it should take 3 weeks.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It's certainly possible he could come back earlier. Russo had a quote from Fletcher I think saying he could be back in 10 days, could be 3 weeks. Depends on how he feels when he skates and pushes off on it.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yes, this was it:

Fletcher said knowing Parise, he'll beat the window. A lot of it is pain tolerance, comfort. So could be 10 days, could be 3 weeks #mnwild

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Thank you! Yeah I bet it depends on the swelling a bit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he comes back earlier than projected.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

If a contusion is bad enough with surrounding muscle and possible tendon damage, it could keep someone out for two weeks [one week no work on it, one week rehab). Still this is rare. Even rarer, internal bleeding that seeps into the surrounding tissue can also cause a condition called compartment syndrome [I'm in my last year to become a D.C., just took multiple musculoskeletal and physical diagnosis boards (part II boards)]. Now, we probably would know if he had this, because it basically always requires a surgical intervention. Precautions?

Maybe. It's still fishy.

Yet three weeks is suspicious. Hockey players can many times play almost a month after a fracture to one of the foot bones because the boot of a hockey skate provides much stability in addition to some sort of wrap. I believe Jeff Carter is playing again, and it wasn't all that long ago he suffered a fracture foot structure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad