Confirmed with Link: Zach Hyman to have hearing for hit against McAvoy (Upd. 2 GM suspension)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
And I don't agree that they were similar.

Hyman's was much later which is the problem.

They were losing 6-2 and he made a dirty late hit. Given the fact he doesn't have a history, I say he gets 1 game. Probably deserves 2 but there's so much consideration put on if he's a repeat defender.
Barely deserved a 5. McAvoy has head issue, were in Boston. Say this is how it goes.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Is there any way to formally demand consistency?

They can't be serious with this bullshit.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
And why is Wagner's predatory retaliatory hit not being looked at exactly? He had Reilly lined up and skated half the width of the ice to get to him with clear intent. The NHL is actually a joke with how it deals with suspensions and discipline. When you have Jim Hughson of all people talking about the intent of Wagner you know its bad.
Because he missed.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
That's great logic, isn't it?

So if I line your head up and try to smack you with a baseball bat, I guess the police won't charge me with anything because I missed.

Well,there is a difference between Murder and Attempted Murder.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Well,there is a difference between Murder and Attempted Murder.
For sure.

And the league should differentiate predatory hits from attempted predatory hits. That Wagner BS was a textbook example of clear malicious intent that thankfully didn't come into fruition. Still needs punishment. What kind of message does this send to the other f***heads in the league?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Because he missed.

If he had an intent to injure you should face discipline, you can't just hand out justice based on outcomes

That's how you become an inconsistent joke

As for Hyman I think he should get a fine and a slap on the wrist since he doesn't have a history of this kind of thing, it's the NHL however so God only knows

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That's great logic, isn't it?

So if I line your head up and try to smack you with a baseball bat, I guess the police won't charge me with anything because I missed.
They certainly won't charge you as much as the drunk who put a guy in a coma swinging a baseball bat at someone's head.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If he had an intent to injure you should face discipline, you can't just hand out justice based on outcomes

That's how you become an inconsistent joke

As for Hyman I think he should get a fine and a slap on the wrist since he doesn't have a history of this kind of thing, it's the NHL however so God only knows
That's how it works. Outcome matters.

Given the fact McAvoy was fine, this shouldn't be anything more. Never know in this league though, this was no more dangerous than the Kronwall hit on Matthews (which didn't deserve a suspension either)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
And you get punished for both last time I looked
Intent and outcome go hand in hand.

Wagner needs a hearing. And it should go something like this: "Mr. Wagner, given the events that transpired before you taking a run at Rielly, we have reasonable cause to believe that you had every intent to follow through on a predatory hit with intent to injure. Convince us otherwise."

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That's how it works. Outcome matters.

Given the fact McAvoy was fine, this shouldn't be anything more. Never know in this league though, this was no more dangerous than the Kronwall hit on Matthews (which didn't deserve a suspension either)

Outcome should be a part of the sentencing process not the charging process, if the intent to injure is there you should certainly be charged

I don't think Hyman should be suspended either but this is the NHL were talking about here, consistency isn't a calling card with them

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Bitch move by Hyman on a guy who just came back from a concussion and it almost cost us Rielly , can't stand crap like he pulled after the game is over .

lets see how tough he is the next time we play the B's and someone tougher than a midget challenges him to a fight

Reactions: Ladyfan

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Intent and outcome go hand in hand.

Wagner needs a hearing. And it should go something like this: "Mr. Wagner, given the events that transpired before you taking a run at Rielly, we have reasonable cause to believe that you had every intent to follow through on a predatory hit with intent to injure. Convince us otherwise."

I can't agree with that, he should be innocent until proven guilty so it's up to the league to prove he had an intent to injure

He should definitely be given a hearing however

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Outcome should be a part of the sentencing process not the charging process, if the intent to injure is there you should certainly be charged

I don't think Hyman should be suspended either but this is the NHL were talking about here, consistency isn't a calling card with them
And that charge came last night, no?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
***** move by Hyman on a guy who just came back from a concussion and it almost cost us Rielly , can't stand crap like he pulled after the game is over .

lets see how tough he is the next time we play the B's and someone tougher than a midget challenges him to a fight
I doubt he's going to be looking for a fight, but he has no idea who is going to come after him, same as last night.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I can't agree with that, he should be innocent until proven guilty so it's up to the league to prove he had an intent to injure

He should definitely be given a hearing however
Yeah, he's innocent and the league has reason to believe he shouldn't be. That's where the whole due process needs to come into play. Intent to assault, murder, rape etc... gets dealt with the same way.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Can we call someone up if a player is suspended or are we then over the roster limit? Like any way we could get a look at Grundstrom?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
if the league listened to the main boards, it would be a lifetime ban, and boston should get 35 first round picks as compensation lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad