Confirmed with Link: Zach Hyman to have hearing for hit against McAvoy (Upd. 2 GM suspension)

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
And I don't agree that they were similar.

Hyman's was much later which is the problem.

They were losing 6-2 and he made a dirty late hit. Given the fact he doesn't have a history, I say he gets 1 game. Probably deserves 2 but there's so much consideration put on if he's a repeat defender.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And I don't agree that they were similar.

Hyman's was much later which is the problem.

They were losing 6-2 and he made a dirty late hit. Given the fact he doesn't have a history, I say he gets 1 game. Probably deserves 2 but there's so much consideration put on if he's a repeat defender.

Tom Wilson made a blindside hit a player who never had the puck, like a few games after returning from a 14 game suspended.

If he wasn’t suspended for that, Hyman shouldn’t be suspended for this.

I’d have to look at both hits again, but Hyman’s was at worst the same amount of late as Reaves hit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, Kronwall destroyed Matthews from behind into the boards head first and got nothing.

Hyman being suspended would be dumb based on what we’ve seen the past week, but I fully expect it to happen

Reactions: Leafling

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Hyman to have hearing for actions in Maple Leafs game against Bruins
The Toronto Maple Leafs forward is facing discipline for interference on Boston Bruins defenseman Charlie McAvoy on Saturday.

The incident occurred at 9:53 of the third period of Boston's 6-3 win at TD Garden. Hyman received a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: interference. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It was a little late and shouldn’t warrant a suspension, however he’ll be getting 3 games.

Reactions: Zrinski

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let's protect McAvoy and let Kronwall get away with boarding a superstar. Great, NHL.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Whatever happened to finishing your check?

I get that it’s interference if it’s blatantly late, and that one was borderline, if anything. Definitely not late enough to be a suspension IMO.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
They are no longer the Big Bad Bruins, they need the league to help fight their battles these days.

Probably a fine, but with DoPS, you never know. They probably tag on a game.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
And why is Wagner's predatory retaliatory hit not being looked at exactly? He had Reilly lined up and skated half the width of the ice to get to him with clear intent. The NHL is actually a joke with how it deals with suspensions and discipline. When you have Jim Hughson of all people talking about the intent of Wagner you know its bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad