News Article: Zach Hyman is back on Wednesday

horner

May 22, 2007
I get it, but why is out there with the goalie out when we're trying to tie the game? Just 1 example of him being overused. Why is he out there taking critical faceoffs on the PK during the playoffs and on one knee to boot?

Ask the coach.

That is not humans fault.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I never thought I say this but thank God Hyman is back, I think I missed him as much as Babcock did :laugh:

I take back all those mean things I said about him, I've become a believer

If everyone had a little Hyman... :sarcasm::naughty::laugh::huh:

Reactions: Kiwi

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard.
For the last few years at least 5 teams in our division have sucked. But now the gap between our skill, Tampa, etc is closing. Ottawa and Detroit should add more high picks.
So after skill, what have you got.

I want players with:
1 Skill (skating, passing, shooting)
2. Grit (Forecheck, cycle, backcheck)
3. Will (The desire to do both on a consistent basis)

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Its hilarious people have convinced themselves Hyman is so important. :laugh:

Im sure the Leafs will win more with him there because of the easier schedule + November Freddy. Not sure how much Hyman himself will play into the Leafs success.

I have to disagree about easier schedule. The next 15 games are a really bad stretch.

12 road games
10 games against playoff teams
3 back to backs

Starting with Islanders, Broons and Sid/Malkin

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So our offensive zone possession rates will improve now. Hyman's outstanding forcheck was missed and there aren't many as good at getting on pucks with tried trsted and true chip and chase game.

His work ethic should be a reminder to others on the team how to git'er done greasy.

Happy he is back. Should take him 5 games or so to get rolling but the grinder is back.

I wonder if posters recognize the usefulness of Hyman more after seeing what he brings again.

Hard forchecking 20/20 players like him a re actually rare because of the consistency in which he bring it.

Welcome back Hyman ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would love Toronto to find another Hyman but with a bit more snarl.

Korshkov I hope he turns out to be that player .

I haven't been able to watch the Marlies. I have just been stat checking and reading articles. Is korshkov showing a extra amount of grit and snarl with the Marlies.

I think he should be playing for us soon from what little i seen from him and he has been bagging a goal or two for the Marlies. I noticed he hasn't been as prolific recently.

horner

May 22, 2007
I haven't been able to watch the Marlies. I have just been stat checking and reading articles. Is korshkov showing a extra amount of grit and snarl with the Marlies.

I think he should be playing for us soon from what little i seen from him and he has been bagging a goal or two for the Marlies. I noticed he hasn't been as prolific recently.
don't know about the physical play.
they at home for a good stretch
will get a good opportunity to watch him.
it like more I didn't see this kind of player in the AHL. always thought that he had lots of jam to his game but since making the leafs he has turned it up to a new level.
I think the same will be true with korshkov.
if you really want to be in the NHL you will do what it takes.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He will really give the team and Tavares a boost. Guaranteed he will bring it and carry team tonight. Look for a 3-2 win with Tavares getting the credit but Zach making it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad