Zach Hyman appreciation thread

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
He's a beaut!

He was put down by a lot of posters, so, a lot of character to posters for giving him his credit.

I was pretty biased in my defense of him, I don't mind admitting, but, it bothered me to see so many not able to see his value.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Every team needs a Zach Hyman.
Certainly every coach needs one.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
My appreciation of Zach Hyman is well-documented. At this point, it's just nice to see others hopping on board the bandwagon.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
My appreciation of Zach Hyman is well-documented. At this point, it's just nice to see others hopping on board the bandwagon.
It's also a testament to how good he was that none of the usual detractors have come around to throw their usual shade around!

Reactions: IBeL34f

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I liked Zach game, especially in the playoffs. Showed grit and heart.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hyman is the Leafs most reliable player. U know he is gonna work every shift, u know and trust that he will show up. Compete level = trust from team-mates/coaches/management. Thats why Nylander is an enigma going into every single game.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
their arent many better defenders and harder working forwards in the nhl than hyman, hes up there...we have so much offense, i wouldn't mind a hyman on each line, a guy that can skate, and hustles and plays defense...andersen is good enough but hes in that good-very good area and not great-elite area as a goalie, and could struggle at times, our defenders are good too but is also around the middle imo maybe top 12-18ish area in the nhl, so defense from our forwards is needed to win it all

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
their arent many better defenders and harder working forwards in the nhl than hyman, hes up there...we have so much offense, i wouldn't mind a hyman on each line, a guy that can skate, and hustles and plays defense...andersen is good enough but hes in that good-very good area and not great-elite area as a goalie, and could struggle at times, our defenders are good too but is also around the middle imo maybe top 12-18ish area in the nhl, so defense from our forwards is needed to win it all

No one competes harder than Hyman in the NHL. Some maybe as hard, but no one harder. Id love to have him as a linemate, u know 100% what he will bring every single shift. That reliability is incredible comfort.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Haha perhaps I would have never in my wildest dreams would have ever thought that I can even say this in my dreams.

"HE WAS BETTER THAN MATTHEWS ALL SERIES LONG."

At face value that is a true comment but AM was fighting a back injury almost all season, AM's performance in the playoffs in context was influenced by something Hyman didn't have to deal with.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
His goal and the Kapanen goal made the series against the Bruins watchable for me. Mathews stunk. Was hard to watch him droop for seven games.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Former Canadian Junior Hockey Player of the Year.

We made that trade pre-Lou. I always wondered who pushed hardest for Hyman. Babs would have known him through his relationship with Berenson, but Hyman was a CJHL stud while in Hamilton and thus would have been well known to both Dubas and Hunter.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Former Canadian Junior Hockey Player of the Year.

We made that trade pre-Lou. I always wondered who pushed hardest for Hyman. Babs would have known him through his relationship with Berenson, but Hyman was a CJHL stud while in Hamilton and thus would have been well known to both Dubas and Hunter.
I've heard through non official means that he requested to be traded to only Toronto

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
What I like about Hyman, the guy isn't stupid. There was a little bit of a dip in his performance as teams started to counter him.
And instead of repeating the same old pattern, he started to change what he was doing. Sometimes it wasn't successful, and
he might not of looked good, but he gave himself a chance to succeed. And if anything, when teams realize he just won't
repeat a pattern, they can't just automatically cut off all his choices so easily. Predictability makes it easy to defend, Hyman
will keep them guessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad