Zach Hyman appreciation thread

dosages

Oct 16, 2017
I'd hope this summer he works on his offensive skill set, that's really all he needs.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
You need 'Hymans' come playoff time. It's a different game. Effort and hard plays are rewarded and really show. Browny also comes to mind. You see why Babcock loves them.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
You need 'Hymans' come playoff time. It's a different game. Effort and hard plays are rewarded and really show. Browny also comes to mind. You see why Babcock loves them.

They played like a bunch of 4th liners but I feel like the way he took hits and made hits through out the series helped the team in big way. If used on 4th line or even a 3rd line they might be beasts. Babcock just uses them in a bad way.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'd hope this summer he works on his offensive skill set, that's really all he needs.
Literally just practice tipping the puck in front of the net and replace JVR's spot. Let him battle it out in front, I'm just worried that his hand skill for rebounds might be lacking too much for that.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
he deserves this. So many posters hated on him for the whole season. He had a great season and brought it for the playoffs.
I’d agree with your he played pretty good need more lunchpail guys like him Guys like him
you win games

Reactions: saltming

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
he deserves this. So many posters hated on him for the whole season. He had a great season and brought it for the playoffs.

If all our players have the passion and tenacity that Hyman shows game in a game out, we would have a dynasty.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He was great.

Just need to find him a center with some heart to play with.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If our better players gave 80% of the effort and self sacrifice that Hyman does on every play, we'd be the best team in the league.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I can't wait for next year Marner :eek:
Same, if Marner's true colors are 2nd half season and playoffs Marner then we're in for a treat next year.

I still consider Hyman still learning and improving. Not in his skills so much but in how he can cheat the game better and really start to become a good vet for this team.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Literally just practice tipping the puck in front of the net and replace JVR's spot. Let him battle it out in front, I'm just worried that his hand skill for rebounds might be lacking too much for that.
If he gets those tips down like JVR he will be a pp mainstay

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Same, if Marner's true colors are 2nd half season and playoffs Marner then we're in for a treat next year.

I still consider Hyman still learning and improving. Not in his skills so much but in how he can cheat the game better and really start to become a good vet for this team.
Agreed on both and both of them are just sophomores. How can they not still be just learning the NHL?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm not going to lie and say I love him stapled to Matthew's all the time but credit where it's due the guy showed up when things got tough which certainly isn't something a lot of other guys did in this series

I just hope he practices tipping pucks and banging in garbage so he can play net front on the PP next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad