Zach Hyman 1st 50 goal season

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Has to be a top 3 UFA signing of all time..

Chara comes to mind, I can’t think of much else better. Savard was another big one.
They've gotta win something for him to make any sort of top UFA signing of all time list.

He's a good player and obviously a great team guy, but a 50 goal regular season (or maybe 60) doesn't get him near the top of that type of list.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's not just McDavid, he's a really good player. Learned the game the right way and his offensive tools are still getting better. Turns out babcock might know a thing or two eh.

Reactions: Mav3rick07 and BTO

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Only 8 behind Matthews for $6.14m less.
Why not talk about all the guys that he’s ahead of?

Congrats to Hyman. Say what you want about McDavid’s impact, but if it was that easy to score next to him then why hasn’t he turned anyone else into a 50 goal scorer?

Hyman’s skill set is suited perfectly to the game he’s being asked to play. He may not be driving offense, but it does not matter at all because he’s getting pucks into the net.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Congrats to Zach. I'm far from an Oilers fan, but glad to see him take his career to the next level. A true hard working guy who gets the most out of his skill-set. He's also a local from my neighborhood to the extent my favorite old school burger spot has his Leafs jersey framed and signed, and when he joined the Oil, I believe he gifted them an Oilers one signed and framed. He even got it mentioned during a Leafs broadcast a couple years ago by Ray and Miller (Gord Miller lives nearby I'm pretty sure since I've seen him in the neighborhood a few times, so he's well aware of it). Regardless of what team Hyman is on, glad to see him doing well.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
He is a decent goal scorer and was pretty good in Toronto not sure why they let him go.. was pretty idiotic. I think we all know he would usually be a mid 30 goal scorer but he won the lottery playing with McDavid

If anything this more or less just proves how good McDavid is to push a 35 goal scorer into probably 55+ goals

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
Tbh if he didn’t have such stone hands and bad luck in Toronto he probably would have potted 35-50 each year. Glad he’s finally getting some bounces.

Reactions: Strangle

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Right on Zach.
Only 8 goals behind AM34 ....Torontos God of Scoring

Hard to catch the best but being the second best scorer in the NHL even for just one season is pretty impressive.

Better scorer than Pastrnak, McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Ovechkin... everyone but the God of Scoring.

Draisaitl's career high in scoring is 55 goals, it would be nice to see Hyman beat that.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
NHL sure is weird, i blame the rubber like bendy sticks.
you have your Hyman's, Reinhart's, Point's, Kreider's scoring 50...

Obviously none of those are (true) goal scorers, but todays NHL is what it is
hey, i'm not against more goals, the opposite but, not for how technology
has made scoring goals super easy.

Reactions: Galactico

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Overrated as f*** lmao. Cheechoo was better
Thoughts and prayers to you during this extremely difficult time.

NHL sure is weird, i blame the rubber like bendy sticks.
you have your Hyman's, Reinhart's, Point's, Kreider's scoring 50...

Obviously none of those are (true) goal scorers, but todays NHL is what it is
hey, i'm not against more goals, the opposite but, not for how technology
has made scoring goals super easy.
How does this make any possible sense?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Man... Amazing how a thread like this can expose so many people who think they are funnier or smarter than they are.

Awesome accomplishment for Zach. The guy's work ethic and compete level is about his greatest quality. Night in and night out you get his best. And while his best ain't always the best in the team, he is someone you can always count on.

Plus he appears to be a hell of a guy...and he's always smiling. All you had to do was see how the rest of the team (even the new guys) reacted to him potting #50. You don't get that unless you are really well liked.

A shame some people seem to want to for some reason denigrate him on this accomplishment.

And look at that... Post #50 as well ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad